Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I got a questions for you Kevin. Why is it that when i go into a corporate location with a problem, the techs and managers and even the sales reps are extremely nice and sympathetic to my plight? Seriously, every time i go in there thinking i'm gonna have a battle, i even practice in the mirror on how i am going to argue with why its not my fault and how long Ive been a sprint customer...even calculating all that i spend each year and i get all huffy and puffy...then when i walk in, i don't even have to raise my voice to get my issue resolved. Now I have had ATT, Tmobile and way back when cingular, and i have always had to fight when something got fubar....with sprint not so much.....what gives?

Seriously, I have 4 lines and i'd like to get 2 out of contract. Only because the users are getting a bit unreliable. I am being told the ETF is a flat fee because of when I purchased those 2 lines (about 13-14 months ago) did the prorated etf not go to everyone?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzi View Post
    I may be hated on for this, but i am looking to move to a HTC hero from the Pre, my wife will probably use the Pre rather than her Touch Pro.

Is this contract change in January a way for me to possibly move phones with out paying full retail? any other tips on how to switch phones with out paying full retail?
    The increase only allows you out of the contract. If you aren't eligible for an discount at all you probably won't find a rep that will bump your eligibility up. So the only real way to do it would be to cancel your line and add a new one to get the discounting. At that point you could use your old Pre on her line instead. That would also entail getting a new number for you however.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I got a questions for you Kevin. Why is it that when i go into a corporate location with a problem, the techs and managers and even the sales reps are extremely nice and sympathetic to my plight? Seriously, every time i go in there thinking i'm gonna have a battle, i even practice in the mirror on how i am going to argue with why its not my fault and how long Ive been a sprint customer...even calculating all that i spend each year and i get all huffy and puffy...then when i walk in, i don't even have to raise my voice to get my issue resolved. Now I have had ATT, Tmobile and way back when cingular, and i have always had to fight when something got fubar....with sprint not so much.....what gives?

Seriously, I have 4 lines and i'd like to get 2 out of contract. Only because the users are getting a bit unreliable. I am being told the ETF is a flat fee because of when I purchased those 2 lines (about 13-14 months ago) did the prorated etf not go to everyone?
    The prorated ETF is only on new contracts. If your contract took effect before the prorated ETF was in place it is still a flat fee. Otherwise, that would have been a material change in the contract allowing anyone out as well.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    The prorated ETF is only on new contracts. If your contract took effect before the prorated ETF was in place it is still a flat fee. Otherwise, that would have been a material change in the contract allowing anyone out as well.
    well that sucks. I've been far too impressed with sprint to try and use .40 to go month to month on these, but it might be worth a shot to call and ask them if they can help me out on those two lines...I don't want to cancel and wouldn't say so....kinda puts me at a disadvantage. "Pretty please help me out...pretty please with sugar on top?" I guess it just dosent have the same power as " RAR!! CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL"

I don't need to kill the lines, just not sure if they users are gonna be around in 6 months....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thank you for that info

I am a very happy Sprint customer, i just like new toys and really want to give the Android OS a shot. I have been using My Google voice number anyway so the canceling one line thing sounds like it could be a good option for me. Thank you much!
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Take the device into a Service and Repair location. They should be able to help you out, just ask if you can get switched into another device because you have gone through so many of them. There are policies in place to get into another handset in certain circumstances.
    I took it to the repair and they said they will never change my device to a different model. The sprint store manager told me that they will not even give me an other replacement because i hav e had too many. they sent me to asurion to replace it because i had 17 replacements and is excessive. I think that is bs but i guess the sprint store in tulsa ok is like that. I will go to a different store in a sourrounding area to see if i can get a replacement device.

for now i bought a pre for 120 on craigslist and is a just in case they wont replace my touch pro.. Sprint stores are a joke in Tulsa.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I took it to the repair and they said they will never change my device to a different model. The sprint store manager told me that they will not even give me an other replacement because i hav e had too many. they sent me to asurion to replace it because i had 17 replacements and is excessive. I think that is bs but i guess the sprint store in tulsa ok is like that. I will go to a different store in a sourrounding area to see if i can get a replacement device.

for now i bought a pre for 120 on craigslist and is a just in case they wont replace my touch pro.. Sprint stores are a joke in Tulsa.
    Dude... 17 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Dude... 17 ?
    yep and all the keyboard or screen went out. the touch pro is a joke
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I've been a sprint customer since probably 1998 or 1999. We've had our ups and our downs, but I've recently become a fan again, and I'm pretty happy with my Palm Pre. My question is specifically about Sprint Premier. How do I become recognized for my loyalty, and what are the perks? I'm a "electronicaphile" and I understand that Premier members earn upgrade credits in 12 months as opposed to 24. Can you enlighten me on this a little?
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post
    I've been a sprint customer since probably 1998 or 1999. We've had our ups and our downs, but I've recently become a fan again, and I'm pretty happy with my Palm Pre. My question is specifically about Sprint Premier. How do I become recognized for my loyalty, and what are the perks? I'm a "electronicaphile" and I understand that Premier members earn upgrade credits in 12 months as opposed to 24. Can you enlighten me on this a little?
    To become a Sprint Premier customer you have to meet the following:

• Be a Sprint customer for 10 years or more.
    • Be on an individual plan with a monthly recurring charge of $69.99 or more.
    • Be on a family plan with a monthly recurring charge of $99.99 or more.

The plan prices are taken before any discount you may receive.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    This is concerning the material change to the contract, and switching phones because of bad Palm Pres.

I called and they said the fee only applies to consumer accounts, and that I have a corporate account because of my discount. I can't call about the 0.40 increase until I see it in my bill after January 1st.

I heard on here one guy was offered a new phone when he tried to cancel.
    I want to get rid of my Pre and get a Hero. The Hero has a lower retail price and I'd gladly return the Pre they replaced with everything along with it. I'm a Sprint Premiere Customer and would get to switch next November but that's a little too long with this horrible hardware.

Is there anyway of getting my phone switched without some excessive fee?
    Last edited by grynv; 12/19/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    a phone has an eligibility of upgrade on jan. 1, is there a way to bump this up so I can give this phone as a christmas gift?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxanneIsNumber1 View Post
    a phone has an eligibility of upgrade on jan. 1, is there a way to bump this up so I can give this phone as a christmas gift?
    Usually not. Sometimes telesales will move it up to make a deal, but normally not.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I got a Palm Pre in Nov. but I was looking into canceling my contract in January when Sprint changes a few things on their behalf like that I wont have to pay an ETF. I'm on a spending limit account so I would have to start to pay $4.99 a month.

But i have a few questions...

1. I bought my Pre from Amazon. Im guessing I would be charged for canceling my contract early?
    2. Do I get my deposit back?

Thanks,
    Jose
    Last edited by josepenajr; 12/26/2009 at 09:38 PM.
    I have a question about my billing. I used to have the fair and flexible plan with two phones and over the last 7 years I have been with sprint I have collected a nice number of discounts. I had around 5 different discounts once I switched to simply everything they took away all my discounts expect the one main one that is 25% off. I should at least have another 15% off worth of discounts credit to my account. Should I just call sprint and see what the deal is only problem is I can't remember exactly what all my discounts were for.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have a question I'm hoping you can answer. I just signed up a new Sprint contract last night for personal use ( I also have Sprint through my Company for work). Its set up as a new customer account. My brother works for Sprint and sent me a link to join the Sprint Wireless Advantage Club, which I believe replaced the SERO plans. The link for the Club wouldnt work so I called Sprint and they said I could place my order regularly over thge internet and once my phone arrived I could convert my plan from a regular Simply Everything plan to a Advantage Club plan. However, I was then told this morning that this would not be possible. Any advice? The plan difference is around $35 per month which is a HUGE difference. Any way to ensure I can convert my plan without having to cancel my contract once I receive the phone? Any advice would be appreciated. I would ask my brother, but thought I'd ask here since I just saw this thread.
    Advantage lines must be setup new, and directly by the employee sponsor. You cannot directly order an advantage line since the liability for the contract is under the employee, not you like regular consumer accounts.

Your sponsor would have to setup the account and enter the information, choosing the phone/plan etc. that you want. The link he sent you is just information about the plan and how it works, everything else he must do directly. If you are within your 30 days (whch it sounds like), you would have to return the device you setup personally nad have him order an advantage line for you. It is a significant difference so I definitely recommend going that route instead.
    Kevin

Question: i have an everything plus 1000 plan and want to change to different everything plus 500 plan. But i log onto sprint and my sprint account and it's not listed as an option. only the 99 dollar simply everything. do i have to call telesales? can that be done through the 1-800-639-6111 number on the everything plus website?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Question: i have an everything plus 1000 plan and want to change to different everything plus 500 plan. But i log onto sprint and my sprint account and it's not listed as an option. only the 99 dollar simply everything. do i have to call telesales? can that be done through the 1-800-639-6111 number on the everything plus website?
    As sales reps we do not deal with the Everything Plus plans. I would hit *2 and just talk to care quick.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    ..... Should I just call sprint and see what the deal is only problem is I can't remember exactly what all my discounts were for.
    You're welcome to call, but the normal policy is that a account cannot have more than one accountwide discount at a time.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.