Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxanneIsNumber1 View Post
    ....Before upgrading, I had consulted a Sprint Sales in store. He had explained to me the SE450 Plan. I had asked about adding an additional line where he told me that it will cost me $19.99 a month for another Pre....Thanks
    Well, it sounds like either the people you spoke to were new or idiots.

The 450 Everything plan is not a family plan, there is no "add-a-line" for this plan.

The 1500 Data Share plan is $129.99 and is for 2 phones. The $20 additional is for the 3rd, 4th and 5th phones. This is the plan you will need to goto when you add your second phone.

So you will go from $69.99 for one phone to $129.99 for two phones.

There is not going to be any way to go back to your old plan.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickC5 View Post
    Is there a list of Sprint dial feature codes that can be shared ? I had tried *28 for conditional call forwarding and had to call in to have it "un - done" by technical support....
    Not sure I've ever seen a list, but for the forwarding I'd guess *280 would cancel the conditional forwarding. This is based on *72 for regular forwarding and *720 to cancel it.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Thank you. I called tech support. They had to remove it themselves for me. They told me however if I used it again to try *740 to tun CCF off and *730 to use to use it .

I had used *28 and it worked for me but I needed to change it back to "normal". I am not sure what the correct answer is for this feature but hopefullty our posts will help someone else too.
    I have no questions or issues at this time, but just wanted to say thanks to you guys for taking your time to help us out.
    we have 6 phones on a family share plan.

is there a way to have all 6 lines on a everything data plan the 1500? i see that the max is 5...
    Family plans are limited to 5 lines. The only place that might be able to do it is Account Services. Even then I don't know if they can with the new plans. The old plans were also limited to 5 lines but there were ways around it due to the old billing system not checking for discrepancies.

The other options are going with a 5 line family plan and a single individual line, or going with a business plan instead. But the business plans are entirely different setups and work differently than any of the other plans by design.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I am long time Sprint customer and I bought a Pre from ex Sprint suscriber. Do I have any kind of transferable warantee on this? I presume I have a mercantile warantee (i.e. design defect).

Thank you for your time to extra help; it is most appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaicho View Post
    I am long time Sprint customer and I bought a Pre from ex Sprint suscriber. Do I have any kind of transferable warantee on this? I presume I have a mercantile warantee (i.e. design defect).

Thank you for your time to extra help; it is most appreciated!
    There is the manufacturer's 1yr warranty. Otherwise do you have the Total Equipment Protection on your line? That covers just about everything one way or another. Only time you pay anything is if it is lost/stolen, liquid or physical damage; in those cases there is a $100 deductible. You can add that within 30 days of activating a device.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I am a current sprint Family plan customer. We have 2 Palm Pre's already on our plan, but we need to add another one. The line we need to add it on does not have any discounts available currently, and will not for at least a year. Can you tell me where I could find a refurbished one to purchase? Or where I can get one that Sprint would honor and let me put on our contract? I am a premiere customer, but they seem to not care about that and giving me information as to where I can find one to put on my family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaeger View Post
    I am a current sprint Family plan customer. We have 2 Palm Pre's already on our plan, but we need to add another one. The line we need to add it on does not have any discounts available currently, and will not for at least a year. Can you tell me where I could find a refurbished one to purchase? Or where I can get one that Sprint would honor and let me put on our contract? I am a premiere customer, but they seem to not care about that and giving me information as to where I can find one to put on my family plan.
    Best recommendation for a used phone would be craigslit or ebay. Make sure you verify the ESN is clean before buying however by calling into Care and giving them the serial number to make sure it isn't stolen or anything like that. As long as it is a clean ESN you should have no issue putting the device on your account.

As for the Premier status, being a Premier customer means you get perks, but it doesn't mean the regular policies don't apply. the primary line on a premier account already gets an upgrade early and you have the accessory discount in store among the rest of the perks.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have a family 1500 Data Share plan. One line on this plan is a Palm Pre that is connected via bluetooth to a traditional desktop phone that has an internal answering machine (the desktop phone has bluetooth capability).

I would like to use the answering machine on the traditional desktop phone. Is it possible to turn off Sprint's voice-mail service? If not, is it possible to change the number of rings before Sprint starts its voicemail service? Thanks.
    So if I find one off of eBay, check the ESN and it is good and I purchase it and activate it on my family plan, can I add the insurance to it then? Or better yet, I have the insurance on my old phone now, will it transfer over to the pre I would have just added?
    i have an individual data plan. if i switch over and do a family data plan, will the family be eligble for the $99 pixi? previously, they had the family basic plan
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    we have 6 phones on a family share plan.

is there a way to have all 6 lines on a everything data plan the 1500? i see that the max is 5...
    No. There isnt a way.
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    So if I find one off of eBay, check the ESN and it is good and I purchase it and activate it on my family plan, can I add the insurance to it then? Or better yet, I have the insurance on my old phone now, will it transfer over to the pre I would have just added?
    If you currently have insurance, it will carry over to whatever phone you activate. Insurance is per line...not per phone.
    I have had my Touch Pro replaced 17 times and all of them have issues with the screen or the keyboard. The reps think im playing or messing them up but im not. I went to the pre and now my wife wanted it so i traded her for the Touch pro she had. same issues with keyboard. She said she never used the keyboard so it was not a big deal to her. IT IS A BIIIIGGG deal to me because I paid for a phone for the device to work..

The pre in the other hand is nice only had it replaced 1 time and due to the screen cracked while charging. anyway is there anything I can do to get a different model without having to pay anything due to my 17 replacements???
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    The insurance as posted above is per line. As long as you are paying for the Insurance it covers whatever phone in on that line at the time.

i have an individual data plan. if i switch over and do a family data plan, will the family be eligble for the $99 pixi? previously, they had the family basic plan
    Each line has its own eligibility date. So if I am reading it right you are looking at adding at least one more line. In that case that new line would be eligible for the discounted pride because it is a new activation, and will have a new contract with it. Contracts are per-line as well, so if you are 6 months into one contract and add another line, the contracts will be separated by 6 months; each line has its own ETF as well. Your current line however may or may not be eligible depending on when you last got an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I have had my Touch Pro replaced 17 times and all of them have issues with the screen or the keyboard. The reps think im playing or messing them up but im not. I went to the pre and now my wife wanted it so i traded her for the Touch pro she had. same issues with keyboard. She said she never used the keyboard so it was not a big deal to her. IT IS A BIIIIGGG deal to me because I paid for a phone for the device to work..

The pre in the other hand is nice only had it replaced 1 time and due to the screen cracked while charging. anyway is there anything I can do to get a different model without having to pay anything due to my 17 replacements???
    Take the device into a Service and Repair location. They should be able to help you out, just ask if you can get switched into another device because you have gone through so many of them. There are policies in place to get into another handset in certain circumstances.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    How do you find out who is primary account holder, I thought it was my wife but it looks like I get the upgrade bonus (one year vs two). Secondly I heard that there was some increases to this or that if you were restricted to a spending limit, and they (Sprint) was raising another thing that would void your contract and you could leave without ETF. I dont plan on leaving, I like Sprint. But if I dont like the changes I can leave and get away without penalty but if I stay I wouldnt get anything? Is that correct, thanks if you could help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_K View Post
    How do you find out who is primary account holder, I thought it was my wife but it looks like I get the upgrade bonus (one year vs two). Secondly I heard that there was some increases to this or that if you were restricted to a spending limit, and they (Sprint) was raising another thing that would void your contract and you could leave without ETF. I dont plan on leaving, I like Sprint. But if I dont like the changes I can leave and get away without penalty but if I stay I wouldnt get anything? Is that correct, thanks if you could help out.
    The primary line is usually listed first on your bill. If you want to double check you can call in to Care or chat online as well.

There is a $4.99 fee being added to Spending Limit accounts to offset the large difference in operating costs for the company to maintain those customers who are higher risk. Spending Limits allow customers to pay lower deposits compared to other carriers and help them manage their bill by not going over. The fee is only charged to spending limit accounts. In addition, if you enroll in autopay the fee is waived. You should already know whether you have a spending limit, but if the limit is very high ($1,200 in some cases) the rep may not have bothered to tell you previously since you probably wouldn't have a $1,200 bill. You can check to see if you have a spending limit by logging on to Sprint.com, there should be a notice in the bill due area showing how far until you reach your limit if you have one. You can also call into Care, chat online, or go into a store to find out.

Sme customers worry about enrolling in autopay for billing issues or because they want to pay the bill on their time. With autopay you can still pay before the due date, autopay only pulls out what is owed on that date. So if you pay in full before then, nothing will be pulled out on the due date. If you are worried about a billing issue, they can open a billing dispute (billing disputes have a rep from finance call you back directly, they are not handled in the same call usually), that sends those funds into a neutral state and are not considered due until the billing issue is resolved one way or another.

There is also an increase of $0.15 on the administrative fee taking effect January 10 that allows you to get out of a contract if you choose. The Administrative fee is going from $0.25 to $0.40 per line. Because it is a materially adverse change to the contract you can get out of it without penalty.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I may be hated on for this, but i am looking to move to a HTC hero from the Pre, my wife will probably use the Pre rather than her Touch Pro.

Is this contract change in January a way for me to possibly move phones with out paying full retail? any other tips on how to switch phones with out paying full retail?