Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Yesterday the Touch Screen on my Pre just stopped working, as I see a lot of people are having the same problem.

I'm going to bring it into Sprint today to get a replacement, but I still have all the Homebrew Apps and Patches on my Pre. Because I can't use the Touch Screen I can't seem to figure out a way to erase my Pre.

Is Sprint going to give me problems when I go in for a replacement Pre because I have patches on my phone??????

I have no problem erasing my phone before I bring it in, it just doesn't seem possible because I can't touch the screen to put it in USB mode when I hook it up to my computer.

Is there any other way to do a full erase to get all that stuff off my phone beforehand?????
    Don't worry about the homebrew apps, the guys in the Sprint store don't know which apps are official and which are homebrew, unless they are homebrew users themselves, in which they know that there is no way a homebrew app can make your touchscreen quit working.

As far as patches, they probably won't notice.

If by some odd chance they do deny you a return, just go home and webOS doctor your phone. If you hold the volume up button while you plug in the battery it will put your phone in bootloader mode to allow the doctor to reset it. No screen touches are necessary. Take it to a different rep at your store or just go to a different store.
    Does anyone know if Sprint has a tethering service for the Pre, and if so, the price/other details...
    Question about porting....

My brother is wanting to switch to Sprint from Verizon. I called Sprint to verify but wanted to double check.

Does he have to port his old number right away? I thought that he could sign up for Sprint, try everything out for thirty days just in case, and THEN cancel his Verizon service and port his number after that period.

The Sprint rep said it HAD to be done right away.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    It does not have to be done right away. it will just have to be reprogrammed once the number is ported in.
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    It does not have to be done right away. it will just have to be reprogrammed once the number is ported in.
    didnt think so.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Does anyone know if Sprint has a tethering service for the Pre, and if so, the price/other details...
    The Phone as Modem (tethering) plans have been essentially discontinued for most new devices. There are ways to get the plan added on, but the plan combinations it requires cannot be used on the Palm WebOS or the Android devices. Such as a Talk 450 then adding on text/data/PAM separately, negating the bundle and discounting then.

PAM cannot be added to the Everything Data, Simply Everything or Everything Plus rate plans that these phones require.

Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Question about porting....

My brother is wanting to switch to Sprint from Verizon. I called Sprint to verify but wanted to double check.

Does he have to port his old number right away? I thought that he could sign up for Sprint, try everything out for thirty days just in case, and THEN cancel his Verizon service and port his number after that period.

The Sprint rep said it HAD to be done right away.
    A port can be done at a later time. However for a clean transition over on the Palm WebOS devices it is best to totally reset the Pre/Pixi when you port the new number in. Otherwise there will be information left over that can be a real PITA to try and fix. So keep that in mind. It can be done, but if you do that I recommend doing a complete factory reset when porting the new number in. Most data will be backed up to the Palm Profile/Gmail/Exchange server anyway, but individual settings will have to be setup again.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    i've been on the fence about what to do in terms of replacing my treo 650 (incl looking at the iphone). thought i'd call sprint to see if they had any monthly plan discounts to offer since i've been a customer 11 years. the rep offered a 15% discount on top of my corporate 23% discount (which would come out to ~$43 on a $69 450 everything plan). that sounds quite good, except i recall reading over the years that sprint no longer allows you to get two separate percentage discounts on a bill. has this changed? or was this rep a bit clueless and offered something that can't happen? any experiences???
    Multiple discounts shouldn't be possible anymore. That doesn't mean there may be a way around it. There are ALWAYS bugs in a software system. But it shouldn't work, so don't expect it to. Chances are that rep hasn't tried to do multiple discounts lately and hasn't realized it is no longer setup to allow that.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm going on my third Pre. My first Pre wouldn't turn off and the backlight would come on every time I put my hand close to the screen. The on/off button was stuck down. The Pre I have now has a touchscreen that went out. I can't unlock, power down...anything...nada.

So my question is this...I'm going to the Sprint store to get another replacement tomorrow. If something goes wrong with the one I'm going to get, will Sprint let me get another type of phone for free? I'm getting fed up with my phones not working. I just got the Pre I have now a week ago and it is already messed up!
    Would a Sprint Rep give me advice on which app or tool is best to sync stand alone Outlook contacts and calendar to my Pre?

Thanks...Steve
    I am getting vastly different answers when I call CS. My Pre USB port stopped charging. The Sprint store says it's physical damage (which I don't believe since I have been extremely careful). I called CS and they said I would have a replacement Pre in 2 to 3 days. I called back for a tracking number (thinking what I had been told was true and of course they would have a tracking number since they were sending me a replacement). I was actually given a tracking number for FedEx and when I entered it on the FedEx website it did not work. I spent 50 minutes on the phone talking to various CS reps and no one could explain to me what the problem was. Suddenly my account said referred to Asurion. I heard several times "I'm not responsible for what another CS rep told you". My question is WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for what I was told. Do these people just make up stuff like tracking numbers?

Can you trust anything you are told by CS? Where do you go to get a correct answer and one that they will act on?
    Quote Originally Posted by RHerrick View Post
    I am getting vastly different answers when I call CS. My Pre USB port stopped charging. The Sprint store says it's physical damage (which I don't believe since I have been extremely careful). I called CS and they said I would have a replacement Pre in 2 to 3 days. I called back for a tracking number (thinking what I had been told was true and of course they would have a tracking number since they were sending me a replacement). I was actually given a tracking number for FedEx and when I entered it on the FedEx website it did not work. I spent 50 minutes on the phone talking to various CS reps and no one could explain to me what the problem was. Suddenly my account said referred to Asurion. I heard several times "I'm not responsible for what another CS rep told you". My question is WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for what I was told. Do these people just make up stuff like tracking numbers?

Can you trust anything you are told by CS? Where do you go to get a correct answer and one that they will act on?
    Well, let me sum this up for you.

Sprint CS is not too bad, when it comes to simple issues. However, they still have a bunch of bad apples in the CS dept. I am currently dealing with an issue that was originally reported to them a month ago, and it took me roughly 7 hours of phone calls and countless chats with a CSR to get a ticket issued.

For weeks, I was continuously told, this will be taken care of, this is going to occur, etc, only to call back and find out not only did it not occur, no one logged my original call.

So, I say to you sir, good luck and god bless, because if you enter the CSR rabbit hole with Sprint, you are going to need divine intervention to get out. :P
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    ...My Pre USB port stopped charging. The Sprint store says it's physical damage...
    The main issue is there is no big CS guide to tell them what to do in various situations and almost every CS rep will tell you something different. It's almost impossible to stamp out the issue since there is NO accountability for the reps.
    If you get a tracking number it might take 12-14 hours for it to show up on the shippers website, since the item hasn't actually been shipped yet; the tracking number is simply reserved by the company doing the shipping.
    As far as your charging port being listed as physical damage, you are welcome to take the unit to a different service center and ask for a 2nd opinion. If the 2nd technician agrees that the issue isn't caused by abuse he can order a replacement unit for you even though his computer will show the DBR status as soon as they pull up your phone information.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camenae06 View Post
    ...I'm going to the Sprint store to get another replacement tomorrow. If something goes wrong with the one I'm going to get, will Sprint let me get another type of phone for free?...
    If you have 3 replacements in a 60 day period (only Service and repair replacements, not Asurion replacements), they can offer another model phone as a replacement. However repair centers need approval for the replacement from a district S&R manager so it can sometimes take several days to get approved and they will fight tooth and nail NOT to swap you to something different.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have a few questions about the 30 day exchange, I'd like to exchange my Hero for a Pre.

1) Does the 30 day period begin from the phone order or the phone activation?

2) I am an advantage club member, and the phone was purchased through sprint.com. Should exchange the phone at a local store or online?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmbriefs View Post
    I have a few questions about the 30 day exchange, I'd like to exchange my Hero for a Pre.

1) Does the 30 day period begin from the phone order or the phone activation?

2) I am an advantage club member, and the phone was purchased through sprint.com. Should exchange the phone at a local store or online?

Thanks!
    1) The 30 day period is from the activation date if activated, or the order date if it has not been activated.

2) You would have to exchange it through telesales. Online won't let you exchange devices, only order new ones. The only store that would allow you to do a swap in store on an Advantage Club account would be the campus store in Overland Park.
    Kevin

question, I have the Simply Everything Plan 450 with a Palm Pre which I got when it first came out. I previously had the Fair and Flex Family Plan.

Before upgrading, I had consulted a Sprint Sales in store. He had explained to me the SE450 Plan. I had asked about adding an additional line where he told me that it will cost me $19.99 a month for another Pre and we share the 450 minutes. I had asked in advance since my fiance is ineligible for the $150 discount until December. So now we are looking to buy the Pixi but Sprint is saying that there is no adding additional lines to my SE450 and I have to upgrade to the SE Family Plan 900 for $129.99 + $20.00 (for my fiance's Pixi) = $149.99 for the 2 phones. Is there a way to revert to my previous Fair and Flexible plan since the Sales Rep. told me wrong information or is there a way to get what he told me honored? I would have not upgraded if I had known this in advance.

Thanks
    Hello, im planning to switch to sprint from AT&T. I plan to buy the pre online via amazon. When it arrives from amazon, how do i activate it? Does it include instructions on how to do it, or do I have to go to the sprint store? Also, can I keep my old number from AT&T and use it on sprint? Thanks.
    Last edited by spectralfish; 11/30/2009 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    Hello, im planning to switch to sprint from AT&T. I plan to buy the pre online via amazon. When it arrives from amazon, how do i activate it? Does it include instructions on how to do it, or do I have to go to the sprint store? Also, can I keep my old number from AT&T and use it on sprint? Thanks.
    The phone may come active already, it depends on where it is purchased. I don't know if Amazon sends out the phones activated already or if you have to activate it first. Some retailers have you call them once you receive it to activate, others have you call Sprint, it depends on the retailer. It should either work out of the box, or have instructions on what to do in the box.

You can keep your old number from AT&T, I would recommend not porting the number until you have the device however, let it be ordered with a new number. When you get the device and activate it, call in and have them port the number over from AT&T. Otherwise the port may go through before you actually receive the device.
    Kevin

Is there a list of Sprint dial feature codes that can be shared ? I had tried *28 for conditional call forwarding and had to call in to have it "un - done" by technical support. They did not have a list.

It would be handy to have a list of all available dialing codes available on Sprint.

Thank you.