Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I just activated a new account with Sprint at a store. I am still within the 30 day trial period. Can I switch to the EPRP plan? On another note, is it possible for friends and family of employees working for a company to also get a corporate discount (i.e Wells Fargo, GE)?
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire415 View Post
    I just activated a new account with Sprint at a store. I am still within the 30 day trial period. Can I switch to the EPRP plan? On another note, is it possible for friends and family of employees working for a company to also get a corporate discount (i.e Wells Fargo, GE)?
    After an account is setup, it is not possible to switch to a EPRP. The account holder has to be the person working for the company in order to get a corporate discount as you need to provide proof of employment.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    not true I did it over the phone and I know some people that did it that way...just call and ***** and if you have been with sprint a long time ...they will do it...just keep calling
    Heres a question. I work for teleperformance and I should of gotten a 20% discount on equipment as well as my bill. What gives? The brightstar wireless I went to didnt honor that but another co worker went to an official sprint retailer and everything was fine with getting 20% off as well on equipment.
    I have been having problems with the volume button my my Pre. A week ago the volume adjustment icon came up on my phone and wouldn't go away. I reset the phone and it fixed the problem but it has continued to come up. When it does this nothing will make it go away except a reset. When I do finally get it to go away the volume up button on my phone doesn't work. Then randomly everything was fine for the last few days and just now it has started doing it again. Will Sprint only replace the phone if I have insurance on it or does this fall under the Palm warranty that covers hardware defects? If it falls under the Palm warranty will I be able to get it replaced without insurance?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFace712 View Post
    I have been having problems with the volume button my my Pre. A week ago the volume adjustment icon came up on my phone and wouldn't go away. I reset the phone and it fixed the problem but it has continued to come up. When it does this nothing will make it go away except a reset. When I do finally get it to go away the volume up button on my phone doesn't work. Then randomly everything was fine for the last few days and just now it has started doing it again. Will Sprint only replace the phone if I have insurance on it or does this fall under the Palm warranty that covers hardware defects? If it falls under the Palm warranty will I be able to get it replaced without insurance?
    It seems like an issue that should be covered by sprint reguardless of insurance since the device is under the mfg warranty.
  7. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have the Free and Clear 3000 third party Radioshack employee plan. Will this work for the Palm Pre? I want to make sure before I dish out 400 big ones.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I live in an area that shows excellent 3g and Phone coverage according to Sprints map. The problem is that at home (in this area) i have a weak varying signal and my wife and I have dropped several calls, again only when those calls involve someone on the phone at my home location. I have disabled the roaming option as I didn't think I would need it given the strong coverage indicated on the map and I also have heard stories of people being charged on their Everything plan for the roaming (not just coming off their mobile minutes but being charged additionally). My question is if I turn the roaming back on so my wife and I stop dropping calls as much will this result in a higher bill? Or is there something that can be done internally about signal strength since I am supposed to be in a excellent coverage area? Thanks in advance,
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    The Everything Plans include roaming with no charge, however you are limited to half of your anytime minutes, or 800 minutes whichever is lower.

If you haven't I would take a look at the Airave if you have broadband internet at home.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Visual Voicemail for the Pre, is it really gonna happen? If so when?
    Last edited by palandri; 10/17/2009 at 04:29 PM.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert Kennedy
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbtown003 View Post
    Visual Voicemail for the Pre, is it really gonna happen? If so when?
    I would doubt it. It would require a network side change and a software change at the same time. Would be much to messy. The only logical way to do it would be to do it right as a device launched.
  12. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I recently purchased the Hero and switched my number from my Pre to the Hero. Is there anything else I have to do to allow the Pre to be activated on another number/plan? I am selling it on ebay and want to make sure there isn't anything I have to do so that the Pre is in no way linked to myself.
    If you have not already, perform a factory reset to wipe everything off of the handset. After that it should be just like it came out of the box requiring the user to enter or create a Palm Profile.

Otherwise as long as it is no longer on your phone number it should be just fine.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Is Sprint going to get the Blackberry Storm 2?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    Is Sprint going to get the Blackberry Storm 2?
    looks like it is going to be GSM only likely a Verizon exclusive
    If someone buy a pre, and has, for example a Moto 9 (windows mobile) - when Sprint uses their "majic box" to copy contact over, where do the contacts go on the pre? To the Palm profile? Or to the default contact storage that you have set - such as google?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My touchscreen stopped working and I took it to the local Sprint sales/repair store and they were unable to fix it (kind of knew this already) and they ordered me a replacement. They said it usually takes a day but can take up to 5 days. What are the chances it will come in one to two days? I can't imagine they make customers wait more than that. Also, is there a chance it will be a new phone or is that chance basically null since if it was a new phone they would have just given me one from their stock while I was at the store.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    My touchscreen stopped working and I took it to the local Sprint sales/repair store and they were unable to fix it (kind of knew this already) and they ordered me a replacement. They said it usually takes a day but can take up to 5 days. What are the chances it will come in one to two days? I can't imagine they make customers wait more than that. Also, is there a chance it will be a new phone or is that chance basically null since if it was a new phone they would have just given me one from their stock while I was at the store.
    The warehouse overnights them. It really depends on what time of day they submitted the order if it will be one or two days. It will likely be a reconditioned one.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I just picked up my replacement Pre one day later so it was quick turnaround. The only thing that sucks is this pre is in worse condition than mine since I always kept mine in the palm pouch. Oh well. Another thing that sucks is that this one is a rev. older than mine since it has the lighter colored button in the gesture area and it is missing the padding above the battery to prevent phone reboots when you close the slider hard. Also I am kind of annoyed my memos and bookmarks were not restored but my applications were. Also my contacts are not showing up but luckily I have them backed up via gmail. Same with my calendar and hotmail settings. It knows I sync with hotmail but didnt save any of the server settings for me to connect to it right away, I have to look those up again.

EDIT: This had webos 1.1.0 installed, god damn this is old.

EDIT: Alright its setup perfectly and its pretty much back to how everything was before the swap and I don't really care about the cosmetic issues. But I have a problem now where the battery cover isn't completely flush with the body and when I picked it up I noticed this was the case. The sprint guy tried my old and new battery cover and either one didnt sit flush but it was a small cosmetic thing and I didn't care since I needed a working phone. Well come to find out that the little clip that holds the battery cover locked down isn't getting engaged and once tonight the battery cover came off a bit on its own (didn't come off completely because of all the clips on it). This is kind of annoying and because the lock isn't engaging and you can actually put your fingernail in the gap and open up the back cover with no effort without having to hold down the battery release. I will use it for a while and see if the problem gets worse.
    Last edited by aliatgb; 11/12/2009 at 01:19 AM.
    Yesterday the Touch Screen on my Pre just stopped working, as I see a lot of people are having the same problem.

I'm going to bring it into Sprint today to get a replacement, but I still have all the Homebrew Apps and Patches on my Pre. Because I can't use the Touch Screen I can't seem to figure out a way to erase my Pre.

Is Sprint going to give me problems when I go in for a replacement Pre because I have patches on my phone??????

I have no problem erasing my phone before I bring it in, it just doesn't seem possible because I can't touch the screen to put it in USB mode when I hook it up to my computer.

Is there any other way to do a full erase to get all that stuff off my phone beforehand?????