Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 621
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    The Pre can only be activated on specific plans. The system will not allow it to be activated on anything other than those plans. These plans include the Everything Data, Everything Data Share, Everything Plus, Everything Plus Share, Simply Everything, Business Essentials with Messaging and Data, Business Advantage with Messaging and Data, Employee plans, or seasonal suspension plans.
    Would a plan listed as a "partner employee plan" also qualify for Pre activation? I have a plan that is the free and clear unlimited and it includes unlimited anytime mins, texts, data for a very good low price. I got it thru retentions a couple years ago. It's listed as "partner employee plan" (I'm not a sprint employee) and is the free and clear unlimited. Any chance of activating a pre on this plan? And if so, how? Thanks very much for any help!
  2. #262  
    Unfortunately since I'm a retail rep I have no idea about 3rd party employee plans, just the corporate ones. My best recommendation would be to call in, or if you can talk to someone who does work at a 3rd party retailer and ask them if they know.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  3. #263  
    If I want to try out the Pre and sign a new contract and decide against it within 30 days, how much total money will I be out?
  4. Giblet's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #264  
    Plan cost for the days you used it. $35 restocking fee if its on a line already set up. Make sure you take excellent care of the phone because if it gets scratched or dented you cant return it.
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by rookit View Post
    Would a plan listed as a "partner employee plan" also qualify for Pre activation? I have a plan that is the free and clear unlimited and it includes unlimited anytime mins, texts, data for a very good low price. I got it thru retentions a couple years ago. It's listed as "partner employee plan" (I'm not a sprint employee) and is the free and clear unlimited. Any chance of activating a pre on this plan? And if so, how? Thanks very much for any help!
    I'm a ex-3rd party employee, now current Sprint Corporate employee, and i can tell you that you will NOT be able to use that plan. When the instinct came out, along with blackberries, we had to go through a Sprint Rep that was assigned to the 3rd dealer to handle activations. The only way you can keep that plan is going with any device OTHER then most pda's.
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    Plan cost for the days you used it. $35 restocking fee if its on a line already set up. Make sure you take excellent care of the phone because if it gets scratched or dented you cant return it.
    The reason I ask is that I don't want to give up my SERO for a Pre until I know that I really want it. I could sign up a new account under my wife's company and try it out. I can't think of another way to try it out and not lose my Sero if I don't want to keep it. Any other ideas?
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    if i have a (small) crack on my pre, and i haven't done anything to damage it (i.e. dropping it), and "babied" it, but there is a still a crack. what would a sprint rep's stance on it? do they take the customer's word for it? and replace it free of charge? or do they have a hard stance to not replace anything showing physical damage?

    basically my crack is so small, that it could've been there since day one and not noticed it because its only noticeable in a really dark setting and the screen is on because a small amount of light leaks through. i'm not that concerned if it stays this little, what worries me if the crack starts webbing outward and gets bigger. what would sprints take on this?
    I have a phone number for people that believe they have a defective screen. ie, cracks or shattered screens that the user does not believe they caused. (407) 531-4496. Have not tried this as I have not had this problem. please leave feedback as to whether or not this number is useful.
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    The reason I ask is that I don't want to give up my SERO for a Pre until I know that I really want it. I could sign up a new account under my wife's company and try it out. I can't think of another way to try it out and not lose my Sero if I don't want to keep it. Any other ideas?
    Do you know if your eligible for another line on your sero. If so you could instead use that and then cancel it if you decided against keeping the pre.
  9. #269  
    Hi, all! Not a Pre owner yet (I've only been a Sprint customer since May and am still enjoying my BlackBerry, though I have a feeling a change is in the offing! ), but I still have a couple of Sprint-related questions, re: spending limits and Premier status.

    My bill is due on the 14th of each month. There was one month I paid it on the 16th, and there's a chance that in October, I'll have to pay it on the 20th or even a day or two later. My first question: if I get my bill paid before service is interrupted, but the payment is still made after the due date, does that screw up my future eligibility for Premier status? What about if I call and request an extension and still get it paid before interruption?

    And secondly....I've currently got an ASL. If I make all my payments before service interruption, but a few come after the posted due date, am I still considered to have paid on time? If so, how long are ASLs in place? I've gotten answers ranging from 12 months to 22 months.

    Thanks for any and all help, all.
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjparks View Post
    Do you know if your eligible for another line on your sero. If so you could instead use that and then cancel it if you decided against keeping the pre.
    I believe to put a Pre on it, I would have to change to the newer Sero plan and couldn't switch back.
  11. Giblet's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #271  
    You would have to switch to eprp plan and correct you could not go back to your sero plan.
  12. Crimson's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #272  
    Hello Sprint Reps,

    I have a problem I cannot seem to get resolved over the phone and I am looking for advice. I moved to Florida about a year and half ago and I am still getting taxed for my previous address (Different state). I've called several times to fix the problem and usually the rep just credits me the incorrect tax amount and never fixes it. Sometimes they claim to fix it but I check my bill a couple months later and the charges are back. Currently I appear to be getting taxed for my old address, and my new address. I am really frustrated with Sprint's lack of ability to figure this out. I moved to a new state, why can't they fix the billing so I am not paying 911 fees and taxes to a state I no longer live in?
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by CNYSmartphoneAddict View Post
    Hi, all! Not a Pre owner yet (I've only been a Sprint customer since May and am still enjoying my BlackBerry, though I have a feeling a change is in the offing! ), but I still have a couple of Sprint-related questions, re: spending limits and Premier status.

    My bill is due on the 14th of each month. There was one month I paid it on the 16th, and there's a chance that in October, I'll have to pay it on the 20th or even a day or two later. My first question: if I get my bill paid before service is interrupted, but the payment is still made after the due date, does that screw up my future eligibility for Premier status? What about if I call and request an extension and still get it paid before interruption?

    And secondly....I've currently got an ASL. If I make all my payments before service interruption, but a few come after the posted due date, am I still considered to have paid on time? If so, how long are ASLs in place? I've gotten answers ranging from 12 months to 22 months.

    Thanks for any and all help, all.
    I always recommend calling into Care and speaking to the Finance/Billing department if you can't make a payment by the due date. There is a grace period before you incur charges, however I don't know whether that same grace period also extends into Premier eligibility. If you call in though and just tell them that you can make the payment X days later 99.99% of the time they can make the accommodations for you.

    ASLs are in place for 12 months as long as you make on time payments, or have payment arrangements that you make and keep to with Finance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Hello Sprint Reps,

    I have a problem I cannot seem to get resolved over the phone and I am looking for advice. I moved to Florida about a year and half ago and I am still getting taxed for my previous address (Different state). I've called several times to fix the problem and usually the rep just credits me the incorrect tax amount and never fixes it. Sometimes they claim to fix it but I check my bill a couple months later and the charges are back. Currently I appear to be getting taxed for my old address, and my new address. I am really frustrated with Sprint's lack of ability to figure this out. I moved to a new state, why can't they fix the billing so I am not paying 911 fees and taxes to a state I no longer live in?
    That is a simple fix, but something that most probably don't think of. In the system there are three address spaces, one for your physical address, mailing, and taxing. Probably the first two were changed when you changed the address but the taxing address was not. It is a simple fix, but it isn't as straight forward to us reps as other things. I don't know how the Care systems are setup since they use a different system than us retail reps, but I know for us retail reps we have a little check box when we change the address to have it apply to all addresses, Care may have something similar.

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    I believe to put a Pre on it, I would have to change to the newer Sero plan and couldn't switch back.
    For the Pre you would have to drop the SERO plan. If you are eligible for another line, you could order a Pre on an EPRP plan to try out with a separate phone number and you can weigh whether you want to keep it or not within the first 30 days.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  14. #274  
    ASP (Ask a Sprint Rep),

    So I am on a Fair and Flexible plan. (It's not SERO, but it's not an "Everythign Plan" either). I have Unlimited Data (I think they called it casual EVDO). I have WinMo smartphones.

    Can I add/swap out a Pre onto one of my lines in my account, or am I stuck, and have to switch to a (much more) expensive plan?

    Thanks.
  15. #275  
    is it possible to check if a phone is a landline or a wireless on the sprint bill ? also can the pick 3 be added to a business account ?
    Last edited by jrdejavux; 10/07/2009 at 02:04 AM.
  16. #276  
    Sorry if I'm cutting off someones conversation, but I am in a major crisis!

    I've had SERO (Old one for 30.00 a month on my Centro). The contract is up this November but I am thinking about keeping it. For one, because I love my Centro to death and it looks good next to the PRE and two I love Old SERO and think I could just keep it as an emergency phone in the car.

    The problem however is that I've just purchased "THE PRE!" with the the new SEROv2 (EPRP Plan; 59.99 500min, everything else). I have a new number which I like but I want to move that number to my old SERO plan and then take my old sero number and bring it to the PRE and EPRP plan.

    I spoke with Sprint and the REP that was about to do it said her computer stated that my old plan could not be brought to the PRE due to incompatibility and I said I was already aware of this. I told her I just wanted the number and after she got more information from her manager she said that I would have to upgrade my OLD SERO plan in order to do this.

    So my question is, is this correct? Or am I being bamboozled by Sprint? Has anyone experienced this?

    Back when I got on the old SERO I was able to move my number to SERO from a regular plan but it seems things have gotten more strict.
  17. Giblet's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #277  
    Things have gotten much much more strict. As an employee I can't even migrate my girlfriends old number onto a new plan under my umbrella.
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    ASP (Ask a Sprint Rep),

    So I am on a Fair and Flexible plan. (It's not SERO, but it's not an "Everythign Plan" either). I have Unlimited Data (I think they called it casual EVDO). I have WinMo smartphones.

    Can I add/swap out a Pre onto one of my lines in my account, or am I stuck, and have to switch to a (much more) expensive plan?

    Thanks.
    You will have to switch the plan, you cannot add onto the plan for pre data
  19. pdfierro's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #279  
    I recently opened a new Sprint account. I am a new customer. I know that I get one exchange in my first 30 days. I ordered on Sprint.com, would I be able to make the change in the retail store?
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdfierro View Post
    I recently opened a new Sprint account. I am a new customer. I know that I get one exchange in my first 30 days. I ordered on Sprint.com, would I be able to make the change in the retail store?
    yes, it'd be a $35 restocking fee

Posting Permissions