Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Having heard nothing back about my rebate for a couple of months, I clicked on a 'check your rebate' link. After a while it said my rebate was declined. No email about it. Here is the quote "Your rebate cannot be processed because the receipt or packing slip was not provided."

I purchased directly from Sprint, shipped to a contract store, and was told that my bill was the only receipt I would get.

I did not expect this sh*te; playing games to avoid paying the rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    Having heard nothing back about my rebate for a couple of months, I clicked on a 'check your rebate' link. After a while it said my rebate was declined. No email about it. Here is the quote "Your rebate cannot be processed because the receipt or packing slip was not provided."

I purchased directly from Sprint, shipped to a contract store, and was told that my bill was the only receipt I would get.

I did not expect this sh*te; playing games to avoid paying the rebate.
    The directions were on the rebate form itself. You should have read it to double check before sending it in.

At the same time though, I'm not saying it was entirely your fault, the person at the store should have known or explained it better. If you got it at a store, go back to that store and explain what happened, they should deal with the rebate department. Otherwise they are most likely just going to tell you that you didn't send the stuff in and to do that. Go into the store and make them deal with it.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If anyone has any questions about any service and repair policies with the pre or anything else for that matter feel free to ask. I work as a retail consultant at a corporate service and repair center.
    Hey giblet and everyone..I keep reading alot of folks bought their Pre for $200 from Sprint. I ended up buying it for full price from sprint online at $400+. What's up with the $200 difference, because I have had sprint over 6 yrs....is it because I wasn't due for an upgrade or what? Thx!
    If you weren't eligible for the full upgrade pricing then you would have purchased it at full price. Or if you did not want to sign a new contract, you also would have paid full price.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Hey Kevin. Thank you for the fast reply. When you select the phone it gives you an option for a 1 yr. contract or 2 yr. contract. I selected 2 yrs, but the phone was still $400+. We were eligible on an upgrade, but because we used my hubby's upgrade, and wanted my # on the Pre (we are on the same plan) we lost all of our rebates. That doesn't sound right considering that is a free service if I would have bought the phone in from ebay and they changed my # over....that's what happend though...just sounds funny?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The 1 year and 2 year options you chose from were to extend your contract by one or two years. The amount of discount eligible is determined by the length you have been in your current contract. So if you were in your contract for over 12 months but under 22 you are only eligible for the lower tier of discounts. That would be $25 off the phone for a one year renewal and $75 for a two year renewal. Once you are in contract for 22 months you are eligible for $75 off for a one year renewal and at minimum $150 off a two year. So with the full upgrade they actually take off $300 instantly and a hundred dollar mail in to bring it down to the current price point of $150.

What throws a wrench in this is if you qualify for sprint premier where the main line on the account gets the 22 month savings after 12 months. The only time multiple lines on an account get that early upgrade is if multiple lines are on simply everything plans.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Hi all, thanks for the help you have provided. I have a question as a new customer.

I have 3 lines with AT&T, and 2 lines with Comcast. What I would ultimately like to do is move all 5 lines over to the new Sprint Everything data family with any mobile anytime. I have not used Sprint, so I went into the store last weekend and started a new plan (with the Pre) to test out the device and the reception. I like it so far even though reception is not that great at home (an Airave can take care of that though).

Here is my question:

Can I switch my current plan ($70/450 minute Everything data with anymobile) to the referal $110/1600 minute plan and have my 3 lines ported over and just continue to use the Pre that I have? If so, how do I do that? Or do I have to return the phone under the 30 day return policy and order through the referal site? I heard something about a 60 day waiting period after the return before I can sign up again. Do you know anything about that?

I hope this is simple to do and I didn't shaft myself by getting the phone on a standard plan to test it. Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If you read on the eprp landing page its only available for new lines set up through eprp. So basicaly you would have to return it and rebuy it.
    Here's a question.. I have the 1st generation PRE that when you close the slider, it some times turns off... I know that to be a known issue, but i'm hessitant to take it to the sprint store for an exchance b/c the I've "dropped" the phone a few times (b/c the clip they sold me in the store with the clear cover opens up when your going down the stairs, or you bend over to pick up something). Anyways, it has a few scratches here and there? would that present a problem?
    hello all.....for the life of me, I cannot figure out any possible way to pay my bill from my phone. I had the 755p before I upgraded, and the option was way easy. now, im jus confused. I've tried goin to actual "spint.com", and after I sign on, all I get is a blank white screen. I've tried though the digital lounge and support pages, nothing. the closest I got was when I signed on though a page im not sure what it even was,playing aroung on google trying to find answers, so anyways. it took me to a dl screen, I clicked on vision home, and its says my device has no data, or I jus get the "vision home" logo, but can't do anything with it ????? all I want is an easy way to pay my bill from my phone, like I was able to with the 755p. thank u all.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    If you read on the eprp landing page its only available for new lines set up through eprp. So basicaly you would have to return it and rebuy it.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I do see that. If I were to call the number to set-up service, would they let me? Or would they see that I have a line of service (by SSN maybe) and not allow it?

Is there a 60 day waiting period after returning the phone to the store as far as you know?
    how is the new Any Mobile Any Time working for you guys? have you seen an increanse in new users?
    Still waiting on a referral.
    Coworker ported in late June to a Pre.
    Sprint employee said they'd call in referral, nothing.
    Called CS in late August, said it would show up in 3 biz days, nothing.
    C'mon Sprint, what's the deal?
    Can I get a Sprint rep to PM me please?
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    The 1 year and 2 year options you chose from were to extend your contract by one or two years. The amount of discount eligible is determined by the length you have been in your current contract. So if you were in your contract for over 12 months but under 22 you are only eligible for the lower tier of discounts. That would be $25 off the phone for a one year renewal and $75 for a two year renewal. Once you are in contract for 22 months you are eligible for $75 off for a one year renewal and at minimum $150 off a two year. So with the full upgrade they actually take off $300 instantly and a hundred dollar mail in to bring it down to the current price point of $150.

What throws a wrench in this is if you qualify for sprint premier where the main line on the account gets the 22 month savings after 12 months. The only time multiple lines on an account get that early upgrade is if multiple lines are on simply everything plans.
    So, we have five lines sharing a Simply everything w/data plan. Am I to understand correctly from this post that all five of those lines are now eligible every 12 months for the full upgrade? And yes, our plan qualifies for Sprint Premier status.

Also, with the Simply Everything w/Data plan is there a cap on the data usage? I have seen stuff on the Sprint forums about the mobile broadband cards being capped at 5GBs. Does the same apply to my pre? When I log into Sprint and look at my account I see nothing in there, nor do I find anything searching the faqs, that answers this question so I thought maybe one of the three Sprint employees in here could help.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mslayer82 View Post
    Here's a question.. I have the 1st generation PRE that when you close the slider, it some times turns off...
    Just go in and have them order you a battery that's really all it should need. Some of the first ones are too short.

Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    I do see that. If I were to call the number to set-up service, would they let me? Or would they see that I have a line of service (by SSN maybe) and not allow it?
    You can have EPRP lines and non EPRP lines at the same time so i dont think that would be a problem. As for a waiting period I've never heard of such a thing but I've never helped someone set up an EPRP line before either.

Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    So, we have five lines sharing a Simply everything w/data plan. Also, with the Simply Everything w/Data plan is there a cap on the data usage?
    Thanks
    When I say multiple lines on Simply everything I do not mean the Every data share or everything messaging share. I mean the Simply Everything. Aka 190 bucks for the first two lines and 90 bucks on every other line. Noe if your on the everything data share 1500 or 3000 then whatever phone is set as the main line gets upgrades every twelve months.

As for a cap on data usage no there is not. Hence why its an unlimited data plan. The Air cards are not advertised as unlimited. Once 4g rolls out that will likely change though. Aka limited usage when on 3g but unlimited on 4g.

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Still waiting on a referral.
    Coworker ported in late June to a Pre.
    Sprint employee said they'd call in referral, nothing.
    Called CS in late August, said it would show up in 3 biz days, nothing.
    C'mon Sprint, what's the deal?
    Can I get a Sprint rep to PM me please?
    If your talking about the $50 for the referrer and $25 for the referred then that is not something a sprint rep handles. You dial #ref (#733) from the new phone within 15 days of purchase and put in your number and the number of the person who refered you when it prompts.
    Thanks for the response. Good to know that the unlimited data really is unlimited. Dunno if it's true but I have heard that some of the other companies say unlimited but cap it.

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    The directions were on the rebate form itself. You should have read it to double check before sending it in.

At the same time though, I'm not saying it was entirely your fault, the person at the store should have known or explained it better. If you got it at a store, go back to that store and explain what happened, they should deal with the rebate department. Otherwise they are most likely just going to tell you that you didn't send the stuff in and to do that. Go into the store and make them deal with it.
    I did read the rebate form. I had to go back to get that. Both the contract store and the sprint person on the phone told me that my bill was the only receipt that I would get. I sent in the page of the bill that showed me paying $329 for the Pre. That is my receipt.

Ah well.
    On ebay there are some Pres on sale. If i were to bye one, could I use it on sprint without the contract and use any plan i want?

For example, could I use the least number of minutes, the least amount of texts, and a full data plan, with the ability to cancel anything anytime i want?

Or do I have to use the expensive 70, 90, 100 dollar a month plans and be tied down on a 2 year contract?

Thanks in advance
    The Pre can only be activated on specific plans. The system will not allow it to be activated on anything other than those plans. These plans include the Everything Data, Everything Data Share, Everything Plus, Everything Plus Share, Simply Everything, Business Essentials with Messaging and Data, Business Advantage with Messaging and Data, Employee plans, or seasonal suspension plans.
    Kevin