Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Not sure if this question has already been asked, but has the new batch of Palm Pres been confirmed as official improvements when compared to the new batches of Pres when first released? I'm assuming the new Pres are dated around mid July till present day.

Thanks,
    Shado.
    How easy is it to exchange one's Pre within the initial 30 day period? Are there certain requirements for defects?
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    How easy is it to exchange one's Pre within the initial 30 day period? Are there certain requirements for defects?
    Within 30 days exchanges can be made for just about any reason to be honest. If there are obvious scratches and abuse of the device though the store may not do an exchange for you however, they may have you take it to a repair center instead (Assuming they aren't one). If you have the protection (which I always recommend on the smartphones because of how much it potentially can cost to replace it if something happens) you shouldn't have a problem either way unless it is seriously damaged, not normal wear and tear, more like you ran it over with your car or dropped out a window. Anything else though you should be fine with.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  4. smx
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have 5 family lines all 5 pre's just switched from at&t with 3 iphones and 2 regular phones. I thought sprint was a superior network (at least that's what I thought) . I would rate at&t customer support a 2/10 and sprint -4. 2months after I paid 500 dollars to leave at&t 2 of my 5 pres broke.

The first I got the spidery cracks in the touch panel. I went to sprint and they found every reason in the book not replace it. I ended up sending to palm and paying 50 dollars for shipping. I still didn't receive it yet and I am without phone.

The 2nd one started all of the sudden heating up and the battery lasts no more than 30 mins. I went to the store and again after standing 1 hour while the fiddled around with it . they found some green smudges on the stickers on the back and called water damage. The smudges are hardly noticeable and can be caused by sweaty hands while change the battery or humid day. By hardly noticeable I mean you can't see them at all. If I have a chance I will post pics and you be the judge.

I am now willing to spend as much possible to switch my 5 phones to verizon. My question is, Did any1 else have the same experience or is it just my sprint store?
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    they gave me a hard time about it, but i just said you offer it, i want it. so, they reluctantly gave me an exchange. im just saying if they give an excuse initially just say the 30 days entitles you to an exchange or return no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I understand all of this. Sorry if I wasn't completely clear. The only issue I want resolved is to save my contacts to my Palm Profile. So far there is no method for me to do this. Right now all of my contacts are on my phone due to my company using EAS but only 100 or so are saved to my Palm Profile. I do not wish to sync google contacts because every time I email someone from gmail it saves that email and sometimes as a new contact. I do not want it this way.

Some might ask why do you care if they are saved to the Palm Profile or not? Well, what happens if I switch jobs and they no longer us EAS or Outlook? A lot of these are extremely hypothetical but I just wish to save my contacts to my Palm Profile. It is as simple as that. Sorry if this was confusing before.
    I understand, I noticed that every time I email someone in gmail it adds them as a contact as well then I have to go back and manually delete them out.

I logged into my Palm Profile from the computer and you can not even see what information is even backed up on the Palm Profile. WTF!

To be honest, if you decide to switch jobs or more specifically PHONES (i.e. to an android google phone) for that matter, what good would a Palm Profile do for you?

You would be better off exporting your contacts to a new gmail account that you never use, just for the purpose of backing up your contacts, and call it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by g00glethis1 View Post
    I understand, I noticed that every time I email someone in gmail it adds them as a contact as well then I have to go back and manually delete them out.

I logged into my Palm Profile from the computer and you can not even see what information is even backed up on the Palm Profile. WTF!

To be honest, if you decide to switch jobs or more specifically PHONES (i.e. to an android google phone) for that matter, what good would a Palm Profile do for you?

You would be better off exporting your contacts to a new gmail account that you never use, just for the purpose of backing up your contacts, and call it a day.
    Yeah. I already have a way to personally back up all of my contacts through cardscan (software that allows you to scan business cards and such). So the contact backing up isn't necessarily an issue.

Ultimately I am just frustrated that it is not working. I am not in jeopardy of losing my contacts I just have had certain times on other phones that could have benefited form the palm profile "cloud".

On my old phone this was a situation that could have been useful. I was out of town at a bar and for some reason my phone crashed and it erased all of my data. So I reset the phone and tried to sync back to my exchange server to get my contacts. At that exact time our exchange server crashed and now that I think of it it could have been related. Anyway, I have my contacts backed up on my computer and on the internet but there was no way for me to get them on my phone until I got back to the computer. The Pre and its cloud was supposed to fix this with the Palm Profile.

Ultimately the easiest solution would be to create a separate gmail account like you were saying and sync my google contacts with my pre. That acutally seems like a decent workaround. However, that just seems like a pain and I would rather not do it. I might if Palm doesn't get around to making the Palm Profile more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    they gave me a hard time about it, but i just said you offer it, i want it. so, they reluctantly gave me an exchange. im just saying if they give an excuse initially just say the 30 days entitles you to an exchange or return no matter what.
    Thanks for the advice!
    I have an ASL and want ot order the PRE from telesales to be billed to my account. Can it be done?
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I have an ASL and want ot order the PRE from telesales to be billed to my account. Can it be done?
    Normally ASL accounts cannot be billed to. However there have been exceptions made in the past I have heard of. Best recommendation is to call and find out really.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    As you know, Sprint has a policy of forcing a data plan on you upon the purchase of a shiny, new Pre. Before acquiring mine, I was on a family plan with my mom and dad, neither of whom use Internet or messaging on their phone whatsoever. So when it came time to switch plans, we left the parents' lines on the shared family plan and put my line on a new, second plan. They don't need the data, and sharing minutes is a hassle anyhow.

I spent the better part of three hours today analyzing my last few months' bills figuring out where I was overcharged (not a month goes by that I don't) and calling up Sprint to dispute said charges. One of those charges was the that upon changing to the new plan for the Pre (during the Jun-Jul cyle), they billed me an extra month (August) in advance. At the time it didn't seem too unreasonable, until I got the Jul-Aug's bill and saw that they charged me once more for new plan.

Disputing this charge, the Sprint rep told me it was standard policy to bill all plans a month in advance, akin to a tenant leaving a security deposit when renting an apartment. This way, in the case of you canceling your plan mid-month, the month has already been billed to you, which will be then prorated and the difference will be refunded.

Normally this would make no sense to me, but seeing as it came from a supervisor it seemed relatively legit, not to mention that I didn't really have anyone higher up to take this to. So I come here, oh mighty Sprint reps, to get your second opinion.

Is this really how it works, or was that supervisor full of crap?
    That essentially is how it works. If you go back, the same thing happened when the account was first started, and it is this way on just about every carrier, pre-paid excluded.

This is also the reason why you can cancel within the last 30 days of your contract without penalty.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    My current corporate discount is 21% - 26% would be better...
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your company? I am in the Army and we only get 15%. Who deserves it more than me?

I'm just kidding, but I am curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your company? I am in the Army and we only get 15%. Who deserves it more than me?

I'm just kidding, but I am curious.
    I get two 15% discounts through the army at Alltel, a 15% army discount and an army affinity discount of 15% for my account.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    As you know, Sprint has a policy of forcing a data plan on you upon the purchase of a shiny, new Pre. Before acquiring mine, I was on a family plan with my mom and dad, neither of whom use Internet or messaging on their phone whatsoever. So when it came time to switch plans, we left the parents' lines on the shared family plan and put my line on a new, second plan. They don't need the data, and sharing minutes is a hassle anyhow.

I spent the better part of three hours today analyzing my last few months' bills figuring out where I was overcharged (not a month goes by that I don't) and calling up Sprint to dispute said charges. One of those charges was the that upon changing to the new plan for the Pre (during the Jun-Jul cyle), they billed me an extra month (August) in advance. At the time it didn't seem too unreasonable, until I got the Jul-Aug's bill and saw that they charged me once more for new plan.

Disputing this charge, the Sprint rep told me it was standard policy to bill all plans a month in advance, akin to a tenant leaving a security deposit when renting an apartment. This way, in the case of you canceling your plan mid-month, the month has already been billed to you, which will be then prorated and the difference will be refunded.

Normally this would make no sense to me, but seeing as it came from a supervisor it seemed relatively legit, not to mention that I didn't really have anyone higher up to take this to. So I come here, oh mighty Sprint reps, to get your second opinion.

Is this really how it works, or was that supervisor full of crap?
    You always pay a month ahead for usage and month behind for overage
    Anytime you change a plan, there is prorated charges for the old plan(credit back since you didnt use the full month) and a prorated charge(for the partial month you will use)
    Thats the way all phone companies bill
    If you set up a new account, your first bill is extremely high because of this, you pay for the month or partial month you have already used and the next month's service
    I have a plan that is listed as a "partner employee plan" which provides unlimited anytime and n&w minutes, as well as unlimited data and texts. I pay a total of $37.50 for the plan, which I received from retentions almost 2 years ago. (My total bill for both me and my wife, who also has this plan on her line is $62 total not including taxes). I am not a sprint employee (nor work for a company that has a sprint discount), but am obviously pleased with my plan and want to keep it.

I've been reading posts on here frequently and it looks like sprint employees can now get a Pre on employee plans. However, my question is whether there is any chance of keeping my plan and switching to a pre, as this appears to be a "partner employee plan." What would be my best method to make this happen? (telesales? sprint store? paying retail with no contract and switching the EIN numbers?). I know this question has been danced around, but with the Aug. 10th date allowing sprint employees to get pre's, I wasn't sure if that might help in my situation where I am on a "partner employee plan" and trying to get a pre.

I'm a little concerned to even call in to telesales, for fear that sprint may question my "eligibility" for the plan with even my existing phone (centro). If I can't keep this plan with a pre, I won't switch and will keep this great plan as long as possible. Can sprint cancel my plan outright, even if I don't switch phones, if they find that I am not eligible for it?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
    My husband and I are on a Sprint family plan that's expiring Oct 1. He is switching networks but I want to stay with Sprint and trade in my Centro for a Pre and the $70 plan with data and 450 (as I recall) talk minutes.

What kind of hassle will be involved in switching from a family plan to a one-person plan? Is there a penalty of any kind? Can I still get the Pre for $199? Can I keep my phone number? Is there ANYthing I need to know about making this switch? Fine print? Other lurking time bombs?
    I currently have a $69.99 700-minute family plan with three lines, plus $15/month for my Centro data, and $5/month for my son's 300 SMSs. So $89.99/month total. This meets my family's needs very well.

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but to get the Pre I would either need to disassemble my family plan, or pay an extra $129.99+$20(for the 3rd line)=$149.99. Either way, it's an extra $60/month. Needless to say, I'm not going to do that.

Is there another way to solve this problem which would be somewhat more reasonably-priced?

My Centro is broken; is there such a thing as a 1-year subsidized phone purchase? That would bring me more into sync with my wife's & son's contracts, and perhaps there will be more reasonable terms offered on the Palm Pre by then.

Any word on whether the contract terms for the HTC Hero will resemble the Pre's? Or will they be more like the other phones where I can keep my current plan and just add-on a data plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresamorrison View Post
    My husband and I are on a Sprint family plan that's expiring Oct 1. He is switching networks but I want to stay with Sprint and trade in my Centro for a Pre and the $70 plan with data and 450 (as I recall) talk minutes.

What kind of hassle will be involved in switching from a family plan to a one-person plan? Is there a penalty of any kind? Can I still get the Pre for $199? Can I keep my phone number? Is there ANYthing I need to know about making this switch? Fine print? Other lurking time bombs?
    As long as you qualify for the upgrade, the pre will be $200 regardless of the plans and current contract

It is no problem switching your family plan to an individual plan once he is off the account, a simple phone call to customer service or stopping into a store to have it changed
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    I currently have a $69.99 700-minute family plan with three lines, plus $15/month for my Centro data, and $5/month for my son's 300 SMSs. So $89.99/month total. This meets my family's needs very well.

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but to get the Pre I would either need to disassemble my family plan, or pay an extra $129.99+$20(for the 3rd line)=$149.99. Either way, it's an extra $60/month. Needless to say, I'm not going to do that.

Is there another way to solve this problem which would be somewhat more reasonably-priced?

My Centro is broken; is there such a thing as a 1-year subsidized phone purchase? That would bring me more into sync with my wife's & son's contracts, and perhaps there will be more reasonable terms offered on the Palm Pre by then.

Any word on whether the contract terms for the HTC Hero will resemble the Pre's? Or will they be more like the other phones where I can keep my current plan and just add-on a data plan?
    Unfortunately, the only family plans for the pre are the family data share, which start at $129 +$20 for the addons
    If you break off from the family plan, you would be paying a minimum of $70 for the pre, and $75($70+$5 sms) for the other two, which is $145
    Better to get the bigger plan and if anyone does want to use the extra features, they can for your included price

After 12 months, you can get a new phone at a reduced cost, that is $75 off the retail price of the phone, which in the Pre's case, is $475, and that will renew the contract for 2 years from that day

As for the Hero, I have not heard much about it or if it will be restricted to certain plans like the pre/blackberry/instinct