Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Hi there! just want to say that you are alot of help, and thank you! My question is about sprint discount and companies. I wan to find if my company has the discount and what do i do to go about setting that up?

JE Jacobs Engineering

thanks again for all that you do.
    My wife has a corporate employee discount on her Sprint plan. If I switch to Sprint as a new customer, can my Pre be added under my wife's discount? If so, will it be listed in her name or my name? She wants to keep her current phone and plan.

Thanks!

- Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    Hi there! just want to say that you are alot of help, and thank you! My question is about sprint discount and companies. I wan to find if my company has the discount and what do i do to go about setting that up?

JE Jacobs Engineering

thanks again for all that you do.
    I am not at work to check for the discount, but if there is one you should be able to go into a store with something showing you work there and they can add it to your account. If there is no discount, if you are a member of a credit union there is a 10% discount.

Quote Originally Posted by alangant View Post
    My wife has a corporate employee discount on her Sprint plan. If I switch to Sprint as a new customer, can my Pre be added under my wife's discount? If so, will it be listed in her name or my name? She wants to keep her current phone and plan.

Thanks!

- Alan
    As long as your wife can add a second line there shouldn't be an issue. You can choose to either go with a separate individual plan or switching the plan over to a family plan instead. The line would be under the same account, and therefore the same discount (it is tied to the account, not the phone number). It would also be under your wife's name if that is how the account currently is.

If you set up your Pre on a totally separate account under your own name then the discount would not apply, you would have to be eligible for a discount through your employer.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I purchased the Palm Pre at a corporate Sprint store the day it came out. They tried to transfer my contacts over from my old phone but were unsuccessful. Basically, only the a's and b's were transferred over and nothing else. The store manager said it was something with the transfer software and to try and come back after the software has been updated. I came back a few times and every attempt still proved unsuccessful with nearly the same result.

The greatest number of contacts that has been transferred is approximately 100. After some troubleshooting the manager said he heard somewhere that if you try to transfer the contacts from my old phone (treo 800w) to a blackberry and then to my Pre, it would transfer all of the contacts. We tried this as well and it still did not work.

Here are my questions. Is there something that can be done to transfer contacts onto the phone so they can be saved to my Palm profile? Have you heard of contacts not being transferred over to the phone by other users? I have called both Palm and Sprint technical support and neither of them had a solution. Palm said it was an issue with the Sprint transfer device/software and Sprint said I would have to wait on Palm to update something so you can save contacts to your Palm profile. Is Sprint or Palm even working on this or even know this is a problem? Is anyone else even having this problem? Is there something we are doing wrong when trying to transfer the contacts at the Sprint store?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Ultimately, I would just like to get my contacts on my Pre and be able to save them to my Palm profile. I figured I would throw out my issue here and see if anyone knows of a solution.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of switching form VZW to Sprint for the Pre (and lower priced plans). Does Sprint offer a discount to military veterans? VZW does if one shows one's DD-214.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by danok1; 08/10/2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    How to use / convert mp3 ring tones into 'ringtone' format so I can use it on my pre.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by danok1 View Post
    I'm thinking of switching form VZW to Sprint for the Pre (and lower priced plans). Does Sprint offer a discount to military veterans? VZW does if one shows one's DD-214.

Thanks,
    Dan
    If your thinking about going with a "Simply Everything" Plan I could be wrong but from what I was told they dont offer discounts on those plans. And the Pre requires a simply everything plan.

(sorry to jive in on your thread guys)
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
  8.    #188  
    the simply everything plan is a non discountable plan yes....however therer are 4 other plans the pre can be on and they can be discounted. nice try tho
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by danok1 View Post

Thanks,
    Dan

There is a military discount offered, I don't remember what it is off the top of my head, I think it is 15-20% though.

As for another post or two here. The "Simply Everything" plans (The two with Unlimited minutes, it's really not that hard to read people), do not allow discounting. Any of the other Everything Data plans do allow discounting however.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Is that only for active miltary, or does it include veterans?

-Dan
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    will sprint match other vendors for pricign?
    One of my coworkers bought a Pre at the end of June, he ported from ATT.
    When he bought the Pre, it was from a 3rd party Sprint store.
    The rep said he would take care of the referral, so my friend gave him his number and mine.
    It's more than 6 weeks later and I've heard nothing.
    I've gone to that Sprint referral web site and entered mine and his numbers and it says it's not associated with a referral.
    Can anyone help me?
    Send me a PM
    Thanks.
    Sprint Dudes,

I have a Pre on the Everything Data 450 plan. I just ordered another through the EPRP.

When it arrives, I plan on cancelling the older one. I have no problem with paying the ETF.

I would like to transfer the number from the old phone to the new one.

Is this something I can do myself online? Do I call? Do I go to a Sprint store?

By the way, Sprint's customer service has improved greatly. I'm very happy they are going in the right direction. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    thanks Sprint guys, this thread is great and has already saved me 10% on my bill!
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhnc View Post
    thanks Sprint guys, this thread is great and has already saved me 10% on my bill!
    when you enter your user name and pw for your palm profile that you originally set up for ur intial pre, all your numbers will transfer wirelessly.
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
    I had a question. Is there a possible rate code that we could give a sprint rep to add to our account for free incoming calls? I read another forum where it was working for them either it was free or they had to pay $5 monthly for the free incoming....But what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    How to use / convert mp3 ring tones into 'ringtone' format so I can use it on my pre.

Thank you.
    You don't convert them. mp3's are what the Pre uses for ringtones!

See the links below for everything on this and other key topics.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I purchased the Palm Pre at a corporate Sprint store the day it came out. They tried to transfer my contacts over from my old phone but were unsuccessful. Basically, only the a's and b's were transferred over and nothing else. The store manager said it was something with the transfer software and to try and come back after the software has been updated. I came back a few times and every attempt still proved unsuccessful with nearly the same result.

The greatest number of contacts that has been transferred is approximately 100. After some troubleshooting the manager said he heard somewhere that if you try to transfer the contacts from my old phone (treo 800w) to a blackberry and then to my Pre, it would transfer all of the contacts. We tried this as well and it still did not work.

Here are my questions. Is there something that can be done to transfer contacts onto the phone so they can be saved to my Palm profile? Have you heard of contacts not being transferred over to the phone by other users? I have called both Palm and Sprint technical support and neither of them had a solution. Palm said it was an issue with the Sprint transfer device/software and Sprint said I would have to wait on Palm to update something so you can save contacts to your Palm profile. Is Sprint or Palm even working on this or even know this is a problem? Is anyone else even having this problem? Is there something we are doing wrong when trying to transfer the contacts at the Sprint store?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Ultimately, I would just like to get my contacts on my Pre and be able to save them to my Palm profile. I figured I would throw out my issue here and see if anyone knows of a solution.
    This is what I suggest on doing if Sprint's Cellebrite 36pro still can not transfer your contacts.

1) Use Active Sync for your Treo 800w to synchronize the contacts to your Outlook on your computer.

2) Once your contacts are backed up on your computer/Outlook, you can export your contacts from Outlook to Google Contacts for FREE by using:

Importing contacts by CSVPrint
    You can import your address books (from Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo!, orkut, and other services) into Gmail. Importing your contacts isn't difficult. To get started, follow these steps:

First, you'll need to format your contacts as a CSV file -- often times, address books exported from other mail providers are already formatted as CSV files. You can also create your own CSV file.
    Once you have a CSV file with all your contacts' information, import the file and transfer your contacts to Gmail. Note that you can only import up to 3000 contacts at a time. If you have more than 3000 contacts, you'll need to create multiple CSV files to upload.

Once you have done this, you can use Palm Pre's Synergy to synchronize your contacts from Google's Gmail over the air.

Let me know if this works for you.

BTW, You will need the following in order to do this:

1) Download Microsoft Active Sync: microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx

2) Microsoft Outlook

3) A Gmail account, register for free: gmail.com
    Last edited by g00glethis1; 08/19/2009 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by g00glethis1 View Post
    This is what I suggest on doing if Sprint's Cellebrite 36pro still can not transfer your contacts.

1) Use Active Sync for your Treo 800w to synchronize the contacts to your Outlook on your computer.

2) Once your contacts are backed up on your computer/Outlook, you can export your contacts from Outlook to Google Contacts for FREE by using:

Importing contacts by CSVPrint
    You can import your address books (from Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo!, orkut, and other services) into Gmail. Importing your contacts isn't difficult. To get started, follow these steps:

First, you'll need to format your contacts as a CSV file -- often times, address books exported from other mail providers are already formatted as CSV files. You can also create your own CSV file.
    Once you have a CSV file with all your contacts' information, import the file and transfer your contacts to Gmail. Note that you can only import up to 3000 contacts at a time. If you have more than 3000 contacts, you'll need to create multiple CSV files to upload.

Once you have done this, you can use Palm Pre's Synergy to synchronize your contacts from Google's Gmail over the air.

Let me know if this works for you.

BTW, You will need the following in order to do this:

1) Download Microsoft Active Sync: microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx

2) Microsoft Outlook

3) A Gmail account, register for free: gmail.com
    I understand all of this. Sorry if I wasn't completely clear. The only issue I want resolved is to save my contacts to my Palm Profile. So far there is no method for me to do this. Right now all of my contacts are on my phone due to my company using EAS but only 100 or so are saved to my Palm Profile. I do not wish to sync google contacts because every time I email someone from gmail it saves that email and sometimes as a new contact. I do not want it this way.

Some might ask why do you care if they are saved to the Palm Profile or not? Well, what happens if I switch jobs and they no longer us EAS or Outlook? A lot of these are extremely hypothetical but I just wish to save my contacts to my Palm Profile. It is as simple as that. Sorry if this was confusing before.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Thanks for helping out with this great thread. A few questions for you.

I am on a SERO plan, but out of contract. I want to change to an Everything Data Family Plan and get a Pre. My wife's sprint contract just expired also.

1. If I want to put my wife's phone on my new family plan, does she need to talk to Sprint Customer Service with me to give her permission? Or can I just add her phone line by myself? An explanation of the logistics involved would be great.

2. I'd like to get my Pre directly from a Sprint store instead of through Telesales. IIRC, I have to call in to Sprint (or maybe web chat) to change from SERO to the new plan. To get my upgrade discount, do I have to buy my Pre over the phone at the time I convert my account? Or can I change plans over the phone and then go into a Sprint Store a couple of days later and still get the upgrade discount for me and my wife?

3. What is the best day in the billing cycle to change plans (for minimizing prorating, etc.)? Last day? First day? Some other day?

Thanks for any information you can give.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.