1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this has been covered here before, maybe I'm not searching enough, but before I decide to get a Pre, I want to see some opinions on the forums as to the signal strength and call quality of the Pre and Sprint in NYC/Brooklyn area. I keep reading that VZW is basically number one in that dept, generally, and Sprint tends to be second, "generally."

Is anyone from the area with a Pre or can you direct me to some other threads where I could make my mind up? I don't really wanna wait until 2010 when VZW will pick up the Pre.

Thanks.
    living in brooklyn and coming from t-mo, the signal is better in my apt now. i dont seem to have issues with phone reception in downtown brookly.

in washington heights where i work, data seems to go in and out of roaming.

maybe you can ask hers: http://discussion.treocentral.com/of...ea-thread.html for more thoughts.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Go on Sprint's site. It has a map that shows you the quality of the connection at your specific location. I've found it be accurate in my area of NJ.
    I work in Staten Island not far from the Verrazano Bridge and my reception is always good and even when I am in Bay Ridge my signal gets at the least 4 bars.
    I live in Bushwick and can hold a conversation along my street facing windows and backyard facing windows. It drops calls everywhere else but i can still send and receive texts. Service outdoors is great.
    sprint is great near the sheepshead area of brooklyn

palmhead is right just check the sprint page for a coverage map
    Live on Long Island and worked in Queens( rego park area) and have never had problems
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    top notch in the city and brooklyn!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit