1.    #1  
    I've been with Sprint for a while now and am still on the fence between staying with Sprint and getting a Pre or jumping to AT&T and getting the iPhone 3GS.

I work full-time for an educational institution and am also a full-time student. Talking, via email, with a Sprint store employee he said that I could get a 15% discount on my Sprint bill because of my employee status. My family has a family plan (in my name) and I have an individual plan (in my name). Can I get the 15% on both accounts?

This has nothing to do with me possibly jumping ship other than if I can apply it to both bills, I may stay. I really am lured to the new iPhone. My family will stay on Sprint though as we just signed a new contract a few months ago.
    i dont see why not, however im unsure how you were able to get two seperate accounts established under the same ss#. i know you can have one w the ss# and one w/o and that may be how they were able to get you 2 diff accounts but generally speaking its not common.

basically though i would venture to say yes you can. take proof of employment to a storefront and have them call it in. it will take 2-3 bill cycles to appear on your bill but its worth the savings.

the one catch is that if your idividual account has the SEP on it ($99 mrc) then you cannot discount that plan. you may or may not be aware of that but just wanted to cover my bases in telling you this.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not sure how it happened either, but I get two Sprint bills each month.

Do I have to go to a corporate store to do this or can I go into any Sprint store? What is acceptable proof? Business card? Mail addressed to me at work?
    they need a pay stub or work id. generally paystub less than 30 days is the safest route. Any store should be able to do it for you, i dont think best buy or radio shack can do it but i could be wrong.

thats wild about having two accounts though...shoot me a pm with your phone numbers and last name would ya. i would be interested to see how the accounts differ...by all means if your not comfortable doin that i fully understand.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    are you interested in just one bill or are you happy with the two bills?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    they need a pay stub or work id. generally paystub less than 30 days is the safest route. Any store should be able to do it for you, i dont think best buy or radio shack can do it but i could be wrong.

thats wild about having two accounts though...shoot me a pm with your phone numbers and last name would ya. i would be interested to see how the accounts differ...by all means if your not comfortable doin that i fully understand.
    I may be willing if you will apply the discounts. For proof, I can send you a link to our school's website where I am listed as faculty and a snapshot of my business card that has one of the cell numbers registered to me on it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoton View Post
    are you interested in just one bill or are you happy with the two bills?
    I'm fine with two bills.

One is a family plan; one is my plan. The latter is a SERO that will get upgraded to a regular plan if I decide to get a Pre. Right now, I'm leaning towards the new iPhone.
    Well, I'm not a Sprint employee, but been with Sprint for about 9 years now, in my experience, yes; you can get the discount on the 2 accounts, just have to call Sprint (either from a landline or dial *2 from your Sprint/Nextel phone) and tell them about the employee discount you want to apply to Both accounts, I highly recommend this.
    But you can always go online and try it yourself on here:
    Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Oh, and btw, you will save $ on the long run staying with Sprint.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif