Monthly charge for service plan*$49.99

Plan add-ons
    Sprint Casual Data Included
    America Expanded Voice Coverag Included
    TEP ($3 Ins. premium + ESRP) 7.00
    Unlimited Text Messaging Included
    Unlimited Night & Wknd Min 9pm Included
    International Calls Enabled Included

It says she is eligible to save $75 and mine is $150 out of contract.

What is the best upgrade path for us to get Palm Pre's? I've heard the corporate discount isn't bad or too difficult to get (27% off). Everything Data Family is $130 - 27% is $95 for 1500 minutes. That's about 1000 minutes less total for both of us for about the same cost. Is this the best option? Or is there a way to keep our current plan?

Any expert advice out there? I'm patient and willing to wait a bit if I have to.
    They won't let you stick with that plan and get Pres. But maybe they'll move you up to the everything plus family plan which I think is not very good, especially compared to what you got now.

i think the everything data and corporate discount is gonna be your best bet.

If you are patient then, i'd wait about 6months - 1 year, and by then maybe they'll let you get a pre on your existing plan (but I doubt it since they still wont let people on that plan get a instinct.)
    the phone will most likely never be available on any of the old plans like yours...EVER! thats my opinion as a rep and whitnessing first hand how they treat phones like these. Such as the instinct.

you would probably want to go to the everything data 1500. Unlimited nights and weekends at SEVEN instead of NINE so you wont need as many minutes. unlimited data. unlimited text and pic messages.

as for the 27% discount, u would need to be an employee of a company that is in agreement w sprint to recieve that corp discount of 27%. Such as wells fargo, ups, citi group. They tend to be the larger companies that sprint can see a benifit of offering this large discount to because they will have many employees joining the network because of work. Ask a rep what kind of discounts you qualify for and have them check for your work. lots and lots of companies have corp disc's, and can range from 5%-27%. you can also get 10% off monthly and have activation fees waived if your a credit union or AOL member. (yes AOL as in "you have mail") keep in mind though you do have to provide proof of membership or employment. so walkin into a store and saying "i work for wells fargo" isnt proof enuf to get you 27% off your monthly bill.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    the phone will most likely never be available on any of the old plans like yours...EVER! thats my opinion as a rep and whitnessing first hand how they treat phones like these. Such as the instinct.

you would probably want to go to the everything data 1500. Unlimited nights and weekends at SEVEN instead of NINE so you wont need as many minutes. unlimited data. unlimited text and pic messages.

as for the 27% discount, u would need to be an employee of a company that is in agreement w sprint to recieve that corp discount of 27%. Such as wells fargo, ups, citi group. They tend to be the larger companies that sprint can see a benifit of offering this large discount to because they will have many employees joining the network because of work. Ask a rep what kind of discounts you qualify for and have them check for your work. lots and lots of companies have corp disc's, and can range from 5%-27%. you can also get 10% off monthly and have activation fees waived if your a credit union or AOL member. (yes AOL as in "you have mail") keep in mind though you do have to provide proof of membership or employment. so walkin into a store and saying "i work for wells fargo" isnt proof enuf to get you 27% off your monthly bill.
    you said exactly what I was going say..........
    My family of 4 switched from F&F800 to Everything Data a few months ago and are now saving a lot, and have nearly double minutes. However, we are saving an additional 20+% for my dad's business that is given sprint discounts...I'd look into the everything data plan, it may actually be just right for ya!
    a lot of folks want to keep their old plans like the free and clear unlimited for 50 bucks...which is a killer deal....however they pay to roam, long distance, texting, and data...so in the end their plans over 100 a month. it doenst make sense. just for unlimited text ($20) and unlimited data (data pack and data premier totalling $25) they are making thier plan 95 bucks and still getting hit for roaming and long distance.

best bang for the buck is the 1500 everything data...especially w a corporate discount