1.    #1  
    The MIR form I was provided on release day said it's only valid for purchases through 6/6, and must be postmarked by 6/20

If you purchased on the first day, and haven't sent yours in yet, you have 3 more days to get it postmarked

Another customer service shortfall.

Also, they added the $7/month insurance to my acct without telling me (I didn't want it) - I don't see it as a good value as they won't replace with another Pre, and I'm well covered by using my AMEX Gold card to make the purchase.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to take a look when I get home. I assumed I had a month while I was in my trial period. I hope they don't screw me over if I decide to take my device back after the 20th. Very odd they would do that.
    My rebate card says must be postmarked by July 25.
    There must be different ones out there.
  4.    #4  
    Mine didn't even list the Palm Pre on it - and the form was on it's last day of use. I assume they started handing out new forms Sunday 6/7 ... the sales rep said to use it.
    the new cards were issued for the 7th but they should have used em anyways. if you get declined just call the 1800 number and tell em you want your check. answer some questions while they research it and get your check rushed in 15 business days. small slip up by the rep.

As a store manager i would suggest going back and asking for the correct MIR form. then mail that in. Saves you the hassle of fighting on the phone w the Rebate department.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange4 View Post
    Also, they added the $7/month insurance to my acct without telling me (I didn't want it) - I don't see it as a good value as they won't replace with another Pre, and I'm well covered by using my AMEX Gold card to make the purchase.
    What makes you think they won't replace your phone with a Pre? I work at a Sprint Authorized Service Center and if you have a problem with your Pre we'll replace it under your service plan for FREE with another Pre. And if you lose/damage your phone you can make your insurance claim and have a replacement Pre for $100 (much better than paying $550).

Sprint's TEP is a fantastic deal for high end phones. iPhone users wish they could get it.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks <stunting ace> - but I already mailed in the one handed to me. Will have to wait 90 days to find out if it goes through or not. If it doesn't arrive, I'll call customer service, and if they aren't friendly I'll have AMEX reverse $100 off the charge, AMEX is very good for this type of situation.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    What makes you think they won't replace your phone with a Pre? I work at a Sprint Authorized Service Center and if you have a problem with your Pre we'll replace it under your service plan for FREE with another Pre. And if you lose/damage your phone you can make your insurance claim and have a replacement Pre for $100 (much better than paying $550).

Sprint's TEP is a fantastic deal for high end phones. iPhone users wish they could get it.
    I'm not sure how fantastic. Someone posted here that had the touch-screen crack from the button, called it in to TEP and were offered a BB as replacement.

I pay $125 annual fee to AMEX for Gold card, comes with various insurance. One of the insurance policies is within 90 days of purchase is if phone is broken (by me) or stolen, AMEX will cover (they once gave gave me $600 or so to replace a Treo 650, they took it right off my bill) a second great insurance policy is doubling the manufacturer's warranty period (AMEX just gave me a refund for a Samsung Blu-Ray Player that bricked itself on a firmware update soon after the warranty expired).

So I'm not sure if $84 + tax a year is worth it on top of what I already have. I'm fully covered for 3 months, and at 22 months, I get new phone pricing, and in between I have manufacturer warranty. So $160 or so to cover breaking my phone in a 19 month period, with how much deductible, $100? If $550 sticks around for a while, it's $450 in coverage for 9 months, then $375 in coverage after the first year (assuming Sprint keeps replacement phone discount at $75 after 12 months).