1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried using the Sprint website to swap a Pre to an existing non "everything" plan? For example, if you have one line with a regular previous plan, can you swap your new pre to that number?

I know it has been said over and over that SERO won't work with the Pre and I personally don't have SERO, but I'm wondering what happens if you log in to your Sprint account and try to swap the Pre to another number you already have active.

If what has been said is true and things are programmed correctly it will probably give some type of error message about the plan not being compatibe. If there is an oversight we could have a lot of happy people on here that would buy the Pre, cancel service and pay the ETF fee, and then use the phone on their existing line and plan.
    If you were even able to switch to a plan without unlimited data your bill would be quite large. The phone is constantly using the internet.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't mean without unlimited data, I meant one of the many other pre existing plans where you have unlimited data. Just not the new 'everything' plans that start at $69.99 a month.
    If you cancel the line with the Pre on it, Sprint will charge you the cost of the Pre minus whatever you paid for it.
    Isnt the cheapest plan the power450 for $50 and if u add data for $20 thats $70 which is the cost of the everything data 450. Except i dont think the former comes with textimg
  6.    #6  
    No they have other cheaper plans from before. Long time customers have had additional services given to them like First Incoming Minute Free, extra minutes, free add a lines, earlier night time, and other things posted on these forums.

Interesting that no one has actually tried this yet. Even if the phone came out to full price, I know some people would like to take this route.
    I doubt this would work. It won't even let you swap from non-BlackBerry to BlackBerry or vice versa without talking to someone on online chat.
  8.    #8  
    I tried it out online, unfortunately it says I need to change my plan. It was worth a shot!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    what plan do u have I think this can be done with some plans
  10.    #10  
    I have a Free & Clear Family Plan 1000 with a good amount of add ons and discounts for early night time, mobile to mobile, data, sms and add a lines.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sorry even the online system knows better. They worked out these kinks with the Samsung Instinct which also required a "everything" plan.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I have a Free & Clear Family Plan 1000 with a good amount of add ons and discounts for early night time, mobile to mobile, data, sms and add a lines.
    I have a Free and Clear Family plan also with add ons. I want a Pre but at this time I'm not willing to give up my plan so i'm still using the 755p. Maybe in 6 months things will ease up or change.
    I had a Fair and Flexible plan with my Treo 650; I asked them if I could just stay on that plan and they said no.

I'm ending up paying about $10 more than before, BUT my data is EVDO instead of 1xRTT, and I have Navigation and Sprint TV and unlimited texts, so overall I think it's worth the additional cost.

Remember, this could be AT&T, and you could be bent over a stump and *censored* *censored* *censored* *censored big time*. Ouch.

So don't complain *too* much.
    what do you mean your data is EVDO? Isn't that the case for everyone?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think his point of saying that was the Treo 650 was not EVDO.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying.
    A family member is interested in upgrading her Treo 650 to a Pre, but doesn't want to pay $70/mo for service and only really needs the data capabilities when she's in wifi zones.

Assuming Sprint would let you upgrade to a Pre from an existing voice-only plan (which I know is unlikely), is there any way to stop the Pre from talking to the internet through the mobile phone network and only use wifi? Or would you end up racking up massive per-kb data charges?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    it's a moot point. she has to have the plan with the data included.