Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay I am a currently Sprint customer. And have been with them for about 6-7 years. Before that it was At&t and T-mobile before that. I only reason I changed companies was because of horrible reception. I live in Los Angeles. I upgraded to the pre from a htc touch pro only after I couldnít deal with the phone freezing 2-3 times a day. No third party apps were installed. Just emailed texting and phone calls. I am not bashing the HTC phone I had or do I care to it was a nice phone, if it didnít freeze I would still have it. The reason for this post is because of the Sprint store located on 364 S. La Cienega Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90048.

I donít work for the store nor am I a shill for the products. However when I started having problems with my phone they were awesome and treated me well. No bs, no attitudes. They just helped me out and did their jobs. I have two roommates who wont use Sprint because of there bad CS. I havenít had to talk to CS in the previous 6 years. And when I finally did use them they were fantastic.

So Richard Bettencourt, Nicole & Ezra Thank you.
    Love to see the positive report. I think everyone should strive to report good news as often--or more often--than bad. Thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    Yeah hopefully one of the Sprint CS higher ups will see this and tell them thanks officially. My entire Family is on sprint and have no intentions of leaving.
    I have had the same experience, nothing but out of the way nice people. Like I said in an earlier post. My wife bought a Pre. The first she opened the usb cover it broke. I called the local Sprint manager and he met me in my town which is 30 minutes from his store and brought me a brand new one in the box.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I agree! I think Sprint has been working hard to "turn the ship around"! People at work bash Sprint all the time about reception & CS! I have no reception problems (touch wood) and honestly you cannot beat there pricing!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffrouse11baseball View Post
    I have had the same experience, nothing but out of the way nice people. Like I said in an earlier post. My wife bought a Pre. The first she opened the usb cover it broke. I called the local Sprint manager and he met me in my town which is 30 minutes from his store and brought me a brand new one in the box.

Give that dude some props and mention his store. That way at least local people will be aware of something good for once
    I am an avid Apple fan, yet just could not stand dealing with ATT and the outrageous pricing plans. My plan now is $129.99 for 1500 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texting, and nights start at 7PM. My ATT plan was for 1400 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texting, nights start at 9PM and cose $189.99. $60 a month for more. Plus I did not have 3g in my area, and ATT in the 3 + years I have been with them have not increased their 3g network in North Carolina none. Sprint has 3g in my small town. I love it. On top of that Sprint gave me 15% off because I am a State Employee. THis makes my savings over $79.50 a month plus tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMac323 View Post
    Give that dude some props and mention his store. That way at least local people will be aware of something good for once
    It was the Goldsboro NC Sprint Store. They have been the best.
    I've also had a GREAT experience at my local sprint store. I've been a Sprint customer about 5-6 years and have had nothing but good experience with them. I've gone through countless replacements and account issues that have always been resolved by just stopping down. I don't even bother to call Sprint anymore because the people at my store could almost be considered "Friends"!

So to all the employees in the Manitowoc, WI sprint store

Amy,Sara,Anthony and the rest I cant think of right now.

THANKS!
    I had an issue with my Pre on the first day and had to call into customer service to have it resolved. They were great and really knew their stuff. This, and my Pre is still in perfect working condition.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I'll step up. Spoke to someone at 10p on Premiere Night. Store was open til 11p. They said stop on by. My "communications consultant" was Joe Hunt at the LaSalle Street, Chicago store.

No BS...no hype....no acting like I was a doof. I told him I'd been a Sprint/Palm customer for years (ATT/Palm before that) and mentioned a few things I'd known from the forums. He treated me like I knew a little more than the average person that walked in. Got things running....showed me a couple of things, I bought a car charger and Touchstone and off I went.

Nice guy, and a great experience. By the way, I have one pixel bad, but will wait to see what happens rather than trade it for something potentially worse. I say that because mine works like a champ....have it on my EAS at work, everything is exactly as it should be. ESPECIALLY for a 1.0 unit.

Thanks Joe...and thanks all on the forums for the ability to know what I was doing BEFORE getting there.

bj
    Sprint is a great network and the prices of the plans can't be beat!
    Okay I am a currently Sprint customer. And have been with them for about 6-7 years. Before that it was At&t and T-mobile before that. I only reason I changed companies was because of horrible reception. I live in Los Angeles. I upgraded to the pre from a htc touch pro only after I couldnít deal with the phone freezing 2-3 times a day. No third party apps were installed. Just emailed texting and phone calls. I am not bashing the HTC phone I had or do I care to it was a nice phone, if it didnít freeze I would still have it. The reason for this post is because of the Sprint store located on 364 S. La Cienega Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90048.

I donít work for the store nor am I a shill for the products. However when I started having problems with my phone they were awesome and treated me well. No bs, no attitudes. They just helped me out and did their jobs. I have two roommates who wont use Sprint because of there bad CS. I havenít had to talk to CS in the previous 6 years. And when I finally did use them they were fantastic.

So Richard Bettencourt, Nicole & Ezra Thank you.
    I started working with that store since 2003. During those days there were some that were not helpful. As of 2 years ago until the last time I went there back in February everyone was great, I was treated professionally, and much to my pleasant surprise they went beyond the call of duty to service a damaged phone.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I guess I will chime in here as well.
    a few years ago I hated going into the store, and talking to most of the cs People, but for the last couple of years I actualy enjoy going into the sprint store, it is about 30 miles away so I don't go in all that often but when I do I never leave fealing like I should have stayed away.
    Thanks to the store on South state street in Orem Ut.
    Terry
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    I guess I will chime in here as well.
    a few years ago I hated going into the store, and talking to most of the cs People, but for the last couple of years I actualy enjoy going into the sprint store, it is about 30 miles away so I don't go in all that often but when I do I never leave fealing like I should have stayed away.
    Thanks to the store on South state street in Orem Ut.
    Terry
    At least it isn't all the doom and gloom people make it out to be. Sure they have problems! .... Like every other carrier, but its nice to know that i am not the only person who has had a great customer experience @ their local store.
    Anyone here working with Sprint in the Providence, RI area? I'm going to be moving there soon and will hopefully be switching to Sprint to pick up the Pre. I'm kinda scared cuz I have had friends with T-mobile and Verizon in California (where I currently am) and I ALWAYS have reception (I have AT&T) when they do not. I have been extremely satisfied with AT&T for the past 4 years or so, but I really want the Pre, bad enough to switch. However, It would defeat the purpose to have a really expensive PDA if the reception is so bad it makes the phone unusable.

Let me know if anyone is from that area... and how the voice/data reception is around there!

Thanks!
    i'm on tmobile and waiting to get pre. left because of bad Customer service. i will say sprints still not great. I was in a store and when people asked to see the pre they acted like you were a criminal or kinda like you were hassling them to go in the back and get it and bring it out. I will say T-mobile CS is stellar. i'm still getting a pre and hope that's isolated though.
  18.    #18  
    *bump*
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I almost feel like Sprint has to change its name and start over. Their reputation is so awful that everytime I even utter "Sprint" when I tell someone (anyone!) what carrier the Palm Pre is on I hear and see agony, a 100% negative reaction.
    i don't think they have to change the name. you change the name and you loose a ton a brand recognition. But i think part of it is that simple stuff that some people get right off the bat and others just struggle with. Like i know people that can't deal with conflict without pissing off everyone within ten miles. I know other people that are pros at conflict resolution. They just get the job done. Someone calls with a problem they don't say we'll call you back they say i'm walking to so and so's office right now and don't you worry i'm on the job and i'll call you in 5 minutes. if you don't hear from me call this number. Like when i went to get some fast food and the counter girl acted like i was hassling her by ordering my burger. You know like god forbid i bother her by ordering a burger at, well, Burger King.

I just think someone needs to grab everyone and be like, "you have the authority to please the customer, to go the extra mile." Another thing a sprint rep friend of mine used to tell me many years ago was basically the customer service guys get paid crap, thus they don't care and they have no power to do anything so that's why when you call for help they have no decision making power even on the simplest things. Like i had a massive hassle when i was with sprint many years ago getting a number in my area code because they insisted i was in the wrong area code. Same thing happened with T-mobile and all i got was a, "No problem. you'll get a phone call in 15 minutes and your new number will be activated." Stuff like that impressed me. That no hassle experience.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast