Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Sorry if im posting this in the wrong section.

I hear stories about how horrible sprint customer service was in the past. I read a thread with a link to an article about the improved sprint CS.

I can vouch for the improvement. I ported my number yesterday. Since then sprint called me back a couple of timse to let me know the port status because there was an error with the system and problems with my account, they want to ensure that everything was processed properly.

I just got off the phone with a cs that's clearly located in the U.S, to let me know that there was an error with AT&T she help me fix the problem so i should have my number set up in an hour or so.

I hope that the improvement is not just a short fad. If the cs continue to improve, there will be a lot of happy customer.
    I just switched from ATT after years of ATT/Cingular/SWB service, and found the customer service via Sprint so far to be just great. After all the negativity about Sprint I have been pleasantly surprised by the service both at the store and over the phone.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    It's nice to see "the other side" of customer service experiences. 99 times out of 100, people who have a good or great experience with customer service will never write about it. 99 times out of 100, someone with a bad experience will want to tell others.

(the numbers in this post are not scientific, nor can I back them up with any hard data, but it seems to be my experience with customer service complaints vs accolades received through years of customer service in my past life working at Egghead Software)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sprint cs took care of me. There was a problem with my upgrade date after purchasing a curve and returning it. Cs told this could and would be fixed when I made my next purchase. Of course I expeted the worse when I went in to buy the pre. Everything went smoothly. Got the upgrade discount and my pre. Cs has called me 3 times to assure everything was ok and answer any questions.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Finally, my number is ported. Great to see a lot more positive feedback about the cs. Just hope its a long term thing. =D
    To be honest, Sprint has pretty stellar CS for the most part. I think what hurts them once in a while is people that constantly try to scam them out of freebies so some of them become kind of a hardass. For the most part they will usually not disappoint.
    I had great CS experience as well. Walked in signed documents and walked out with 2 pre's. Quick, friendly, and very informative.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSix View Post
    Sorry if im posting this in the wrong section.

I hear stories about how horrible sprint customer service was in the past. I read a thread with a link to an article about the improved sprint CS.

I can vouch for the improvement. I ported my number yesterday. Since then sprint called me back a couple of timse to let me know the port status because there was an error with the system and problems with my account, they want to ensure that everything was processed properly.

I just got off the phone with a cs that's clearly located in the U.S, to let me know that there was an error with AT&T she help me fix the problem so i should have my number set up in an hour or so.

I hope that the improvement is not just a short fad. If the cs continue to improve, there will be a lot of happy customer.
    OneSix - Thanks for posting this! I'm glad to see someone posting positive regarding Sprint Customer service. I think all to often we forget to voice our opinions when service it good.

I also, had a great experience with Sprint Customer service buying my first Pre, and getting a replacement.
    Just thought I'd chime in. I've been a customer 9 years and for the most part have been nothing but pleased with Sprint CS, I was shocked to find out they had a generally negative impression. Everytime I've gotten new phones the Sprint store people were helpful and friendly. On the few occasions I've called CS, they were prompt, friendly and helpful.

Regretfully the only repair center within a 45 minute drive of my house has been steadily going down hill. Rude employees who act as though you are bothering them at home with your problems. I've been wondering if I should call Sprint and let them know.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Regretfully the only repair center within a 45 minute drive of my house has been steadily going down hill. Rude employees who act as though you are bothering them at home with your problems. I've been wondering if I should call Sprint and let them know.
    Absolutely! Problems that are unknown won't be fixed. As a former business owner, I can tell you that I always wanted to know what my company was doing wrong, so I could fix it.
    I ported 4 numbers over from AT&T, and am impressed beyond belief with Sprint's CS so far. One they actually fix your problem, and believe it or not, they follow through! I've called for a couple things.......my monthly 25% discount wasn't applied, fixed with confirmation e-mail; service in my house (none), fixed with free AiRave and free monthly service; wasn't able to send /receive texts outside of Sprint, fixed within 10 minutes (was actually AT&T's fault for not releasing the data portion on the port) and to top it off I got a follow up call to make sure it was still working. I am 110% happy with my switch to SPrint - along with the fact they're also saving me almost $210.00 per month versus AT&T!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Ditto on the great customer service. I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, and there's a reason for that. Even when their customer service was suppose to be terrible, I had nothing but good experiences.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I guess I will add my 2 cents. I had to exchange my Pre for a new one today. I dealt with the manager at a corporate store. The whole process went without a hitch. I had actually left all the accessories that came with my original Pre at home and he let me keep everything in the new Pre's box. So I now have 2 of everything that came with the Pre! This was super cool of him! Comes in real handy since the Touchstone lacks its own power cable. I have always received great service at this particular corporate store(Piscataway, NJ).
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    ...Regretfully the only repair center within a 45 minute drive of my house has been steadily going down hill. Rude employees who act as though you are bothering them at home with your problems. I've been wondering if I should call Sprint and let them know.
    There will always be a few bad apples out there.

I think you should get their attention on the situation, it might not help much but it's good to let them know the situation.
    now not to be a downer, but on the flip side... when you get a rep that screws you over or miss informs you, take their name and rep id for future reference. Report reps that have crappy attitudes and dont fufill their promises. If everyone just writes em off as bad rep and does nothing about it then they will only continue to screw you, the consumers, over time and time again. ask for a supervisor and report them or file a complaint. nothing improves unless you do something about it.

on a happier note, im glad that many of you are happy to report that you have great positive experiences. I know that i personally try to go the extra mile for every customer and wanna make them all tell their buddies to come to me/sprint to get hooked up because they are so happy with sprint and the cs i provide.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I totally agree, report the bad rep. I wish they do a service survey over the phone so we can rate them.
    I've had my share of good and bad experiences, and the vast majority has been good, especially most recent experiences.

Every cell company has their share of good reps and mischievous ones, there's no perfect CS company, nor anything close to it. But research is showing a very significant amount of improvement. Most heated issues I've heard reported were done so cus Sprint wouldn't do things customers wanted them to do because it was against policies they and any other carriers have (example: turning in a phone and demanding an upgraded replacement for free).