Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I noticed that Sprint has a coverage map that supposedly includes a feature that displays new and planned towers. However, it appears to me to have been neglected or forgotten, since I can't find a single "new" or "future" tower noted on their map!

Here's the tool:
    Wireless Tower Locations from Sprint

Can anyone find a single "future" tower on this map? Alternately, is there any other way to find out if Sprint plans to build a new tower somewhere?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sprint never lists their towers. The coverage maps don't show them, and they never post future tower information. Never have. Sprint kinda plays the "Surprise" game when it comes to expanding coverage. "Surprise! Your state got a huge expansion!"
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    That's too bad. I Wish they wouldn't have wasted my time with that map, if they're never going to update it.
    Zoom to zip 63139....recent tower shown in West STL County
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I believe Sprint sold all their Towers to a 3rd party, 9 to 12 months ago. They now lease towers as needed/available. I have one 3 blocks from my house, 2/3 completed for at least 18 mons, with no activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    They now lease towers as needed/available. .
    While an outside company now owns some of their sites it should not be understood that sites are used "when needed/available." Panels, permits, wireline network connections, and permanent electric service is not exactly a "when needed/available" proposition. Any Sprint site will take time to deploy and when operational will be there for quite some time, for sure many years.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB