1.    #1  
    Ok here is the deal, I have been with sprint since December 08'. The Pre just came out but i currently have the Touch Pro. I am not eligible for an upgrade, but i want the pre!!! Does this mean that if i sign another 2yr agreement with the Pre i will get the 299 and 100mir deal? Or will i have to pay some termination fee of service and then pay for the phone? or something along those standards. Please help i dont wanna just walk up in there and tell them what i want to do and not be able to do it.
    UNC-W Class of 11'
    I am KittyCOW hear me Mewooo!
    XBL Tag- KittyCOW
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    You have some options - depending on where you are with your contract you may qualify for 75 dollars off of the retail price of the pre. or you can buy it at full retail price and it will not do anything to your contract. or you can add a line and have two phones depening on you add-a-line-abilities.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoton View Post
    You have some options - depending on where you are with your contract you may qualify for 75 dollars off of the retail price of the pre. or you can buy it at full retail price and it will not do anything to your contract. or you can add a line and have two phones depening on you add-a-line-abilities.
    I will not have the option of the 75 dollar upgrade though, so that means i have to buy it at full retail price?? and then set up another plan? wow really?! that is dumb, y dont the SP just let you get a new phone whenever you want. and just renew your plan? What makes that so difficult
    UNC-W Class of 11'
    XBL Tag- KittyCOW
    If you are sprint premier customer they will let you upgrade every year, your best bet is to call customer service and see what they can work out for you, it never hurts to ask (it helped me get my pre and I only asked)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    No Kitty you get no discounts. You will pay $550 plus tax.

You can always check your qualifications for upgrade discounts at Sprint's website or just by calling 1-800-Sprint1.

Sorry you bought a Touch Pro, it's a terrible phone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    No Kitty you get no discounts. You will pay $550 plus tax.

You can always check your qualifications for upgrade discounts at Sprint's website or just by calling 1-800-Sprint1.

Sorry you bought a Touch Pro, it's a terrible phone.
    wow well looks like im screwed, looks i will wait until december to get my pre... :-( that is sad, i wanted to be cool with the new phone. haha
    UNC-W Class of 11'
    XBL Tag- KittyCOW
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCOW View Post
    I will not have the option of the 75 dollar upgrade though, so that means i have to buy it at full retail price?? and then set up another plan? wow really?! that is dumb, y dont the SP just let you get a new phone whenever you want. and just renew your plan? What makes that so difficult
    It's not being difficult, it's being practical. Phones like the pre cost money, but few want to pay the full retail price for it. So service providers give you $200-$300 off the price of your phone up front so that you'll pay them $2,000-$3,000 over the course of your contract. If they made the upgrade discounts available all the time, they wouldn't make money.

It's called economics, my friend.