1.    #1  
    I know the Pre is not supposed to be sold to people with Sero accounts(you need to change the plan) but since everything is possible with sprint I'm wondering if anyone out there was able to activate this phone in their SERO account.
    no
    Yeah, I threatened to cancel my service, and they went ahead and told me I could use my SERO account.

Just kidding!!! That is one thing that is not going to work out, I think.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alagares View Post
    I know the Pre is not supposed to be sold to people with Sero accounts(you need to change the plan) but since everything is possible with sprint I'm wondering if anyone out there was able to activate this phone in their SERO account.
    here is what im doing... its costly but about the same price if i were to buy the phone outright.

originally i have a sprint employee advantage plan (not a SERO).. i was under an employees account as an add on number, but had the bill shipped under his name to my house. pay about 35$ for unlimited everything, and 450 min's.

when i went to buy the pre, (i thought i could pay 549$ the first day) i had to sign up for a new contract. now i thought that since my name is connected to the advantage plan it would totally cancel that out but it didnt. right now i have two phones, HTC touch (original number) and the Palm Pre (new number)

i paid the 299$ w/ 100$ mail in rebait. now heres the fun part... in order to get my advantage plan over to the pre i have to wait 30 days and cancel my new contract paying the 200$ cancellation fee(which allows me to still be eligible for the rebait) and also allows me to keep the hardware because i am past the 30 day trial period.

so heres a breakdown on how much this nice little piece of hardware cost me:

$199 to buy
    $135 to activate and first months bill
    $70 for the next months bill since i will have to go past 30 days
    $200 cancellation fee

brings the grand total tooooooo

$604, probably around $650 with all taxes and whatnot.

but considering that after this month ill only be paying 35$ per month i think it will pay for itself, also i was gunna pay the $549 to buy the phone anyway
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    What are you going to do if you cancel that account, get charged all that, then go to add it on to your current plan only to be told that "Oh, that ESN belongs to a Pre, our system automatically spits that back out as only available on one of <these> plans. Would you like a plan upgrade or to choose another phone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    What are you going to do if you cancel that account, get charged all that, then go to add it on to your current plan only to be told that "Oh, that ESN belongs to a Pre, our system automatically spits that back out as only available on one of <these> plans. Would you like a plan upgrade or to choose another phone?"
    That is exactly what is going to happen, too.
    Yeah, Santa Claus activated it for me.
    SERO on the Pre is NOT going to happen.
    How many threads do we need before people get the message?
    I gave mine up to get the Pre.
    I advise you if you want the Pre to switch to EPRP.
    And if you want to know how to do that, search the numerous EPRP from SERO threads here.
    i had the $30 a month sero plan when i walked into the sprint store on june 6th. I knew that i would have to change plans, so i figured that i would get the everything 450 with my sears discount to bring it to $53 a month. to my surprise, when he went to ring me up he said " oh , i see you have the sero. i will put you on the new sero 500 min plan for $60 a month.". I didn't go through with that seeing how it was more expensive however i thought it was interesting that he was going to let me use a sero plan.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    im going to transfer liability once they open up sero they said they would release it to us in weeks...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    i had the $30 a month sero plan when i walked into the sprint store on june 6th. I knew that i would have to change plans, so i figured that i would get the everything 450 with my sears discount to bring it to $53 a month. to my surprise, when he went to ring me up he said " oh , i see you have the sero. i will put you on the new sero 500 min plan for $60 a month.". I didn't go through with that seeing how it was more expensive however i thought it was interesting that he was going to let me use a sero plan.
    Why would you get a $60 plan when your employer discounted Everything plan will be $53... you do know that employee discounts cannot be applied to ERP ($60 SERO) plans, right?
  11.    #11  
    I think that after all the hype and sales of Pre start to slow down they will open the Pre to the Sero accounts. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I don't think the phone is that great to give up such good plan. Paying $70, $80, $90 for unlimited internet on a phone for me is ridiculous. It's not worth it. Mobile internet is and always be limited in some way. You pay almost a $1000 a year to check your email, facebook, and post useless comments in tweeter? I make very good money in my profession but I'm not going to give it away to some company because everybody is doing it
    I think that after all the hype and sales of Pre start to slow down they will open the Pre to the Sero accounts. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I don't think the phone is that great to give up such good plan. Paying $70, $80, $90 for unlimited internet on a phone for me is ridiculous. It's not worth it. Mobile internet is and always be limited in some way. You pay almost a $1000 a year to check your email, facebook, and post useless comments in tweeter? I make very good money in my profession but I'm not going to give it away to some company because everybody is doing it
    Good luck with that.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Thank you, I have a new Treo Pro which I like. I'm not in a hurry to get the Pre. I think I'll wait a couple of months and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    as long as the plan is of an "everything" type it will work with the pre. and yes, eprp is the new sero.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    that "sero" plan he was referring to was probably the newer ERPR plans and just misused the term "sero" to describe them.
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    FYI everyone i talked to my sprint rep and he said
    sero may not be around by the end of the year for anyone.
    on top of that today my cousin came in with a blackberry on the $30 sero for service
    i swapped her phone and it got kicked out of the system because they no longer support this plan, so she had to change to the $60 one
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    FYI everyone i talked to my sprint rep and he said
    sero may not be around by the end of the year for anyone.
    on top of that today my cousin came in with a blackberry on the $30 sero for service
    i swapped her phone and it got kicked out of the system because they no longer support this plan, so she had to change to the $60 one
    "your rep" has no clue what he/she is talking about, like any other sprint rep it seems..

Sprint could get into legal problems if they took sero away (at least from in-contract customers).