Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Talk about a big downgrade.... no way Id ever go to at&t over sprint. And you get to pay more for the pleasure.

Still have fun with your new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
    You've been waiting for this phone since January and can't be bothered to wait a bit longer? It has been pretty much known that there would likely be shortages, so if you didn't get it on day 1 there would likely be a wait period. 2-3 weeks isn't too hateful and it's possible that it may be sooner than that. If you really can't be bothered to wait though, that's your thing and I'm sure someone else will be happy to get the Pre you passed on.
    What was "known" was that there might be shortages, but there would also be daily stock shipments.

But whatever. Continue to join the crowd in sustaining a thread that you think was a waste of time in the first place just so you can fuss at someone who was looking for a place to vent reasonable frustrations.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    This guy must be a troll.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    There are five Sprint Stores in my area, all of them are sold out of the Palm Pre and the waiting list is two-three weeks long depending on the location.
    Or you could have shown up to the store the morning they went on sale and got one then. It's shocking that there'd be shortages with all those Sprint customers wanting to get something on par with the iPhone while having significantly cheaper plans.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Bye!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Some people just don't know how to use their brains.
    And when you wait a week after the iPhone 3GS is out like you did the Pre and are put on another waiting list, are you going say "screw AT&T... I'm going to Verizon... WAH!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    What was "known" was that there might be shortages, but there would also be daily stock shipments.

But whatever. Continue to join the crowd in sustaining a thread that you think was a waste of time in the first place just so you can fuss at someone who was looking for a place to vent reasonable frustrations.
    That was why I also said it may be sooner than 2-3 weeks becasue they very well could get shipments sooner and get throught the list much quicker if they do start getting daily shipments.

To me if I knew I wanted this phone and was eligible right now and could afford it I would have been at a Sprint store Saturday morning knowing there was a good chance of shortages. Heck even the Instinct had some problems with shortages, so I would have assumed this would too. Either way it just seems dumb to drop a carrier and decide you don't want the phone because you can't wait a matter of weeks when you've already been waiting for months.
    also good luck getting an iphone next week. Its not like it will be any easeier then the Pre.
    my sprint store has 4 more in stock MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Aurora, IL if anyone interested (pm me and i tell u which store hehe)

btw, i love my pre but not fan of the keyboard.....too cramped but i guess its my fault for having big thumbs! but i still wanna start a family with my new pre
    Quote Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
    That was why I also said it may be sooner than 2-3 weeks becasue they very well could get shipments sooner and get throught the list much quicker if they do start getting daily shipments.

To me if I knew I wanted this phone and was eligible right now and could afford it I would have been at a Sprint store Saturday morning knowing there was a good chance of shortages. Heck even the Instinct had some problems with shortages, so I would have assumed this would too. Either way it just seems dumb to drop a carrier and decide you don't want the phone because you can't wait a matter of weeks when you've already been waiting for months.
    You were talking about what was "known" before the release. So, if they're telling this person that it'll be weeks before he could get a Pre, when he or she thought it would be a day or so, that contradicts what we "knew."

The bottom-line is that it's a pain in the **** so the person vented. Whether YOU or I would've stood our butts in line early or not is kinda beside the point.

But generally, the reaction here is more along the lines of jumping on someone for not being happy with the Pre or the process or whatever cuz it's easier to dismiss someone as a troll than to feel a tiny bit of e-compassion.

(I'm speaking generally. For all I know you *do* feel that tiny bit of compassion for this person.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Last I heard, the world is still spinning and it doesn't revolve around you.
    You do realize that this isn't a Sprint website right?
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    You do realize that this isn't a Sprint website right?
    Hard to tell based on the replies in this thread. You'd think everyone here was a part owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    The bottom-line is that it's a pain in the **** so the person vented. Whether YOU or I would've stood our butts in line early or not is kinda beside the point.
    Come on. That's not venting. It's childish threatening.

There are zero rational reasons why if you wanted a Pre and weren't able to get one on day one, you would suddenly leave your carrier (!) and get an iPhone instead. The features that excited people about the Pre (e.g. WebOS, synergy, multitasking, unobtrusive notifications, hardware keyboard) can't be found on even an iPhone 3GS.

And if he really cared about the iPhone, he would've had it already. According to his math, his Moto Q is three years old, so 6 months before the Pre was even announced, he had fulfilled his Sprint contract and could leave without paying any ETF fees.

It's just stupid, frankly. As if Sprint is going to read that he's leaving for an iPhone and go "Noooooooooooo!!!....we were just kidding. Let us ship you two Palm Pre phones for free overnight. Please stay with us." I mean, come on...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I got rid of my old Moto Q that was also on life support. I have wanted the Pre since I first heard about it last year. Guess what - I went to Best Buy at 10PM on Friday, June 5th - and I sat in my reclining lawn chair - no one else showed up until 6 AM - by the time the doors opened at 9 AM there were over 70 people in line for the 9 PREs they had in stock.

Best Buy came outside at 8:45 AM and gave out 9 tickets to the first 9 people - I was #1. When we were let in to the store they told us that Sprint asked them not to start selling until 10 AM because of the traffic being generated on their computer network. So I waited an hour more...patiently.

If you wanted a Pre then you should have made sure you got in line for it. You should have done a little legwork up front and found out inventory levels at your local stores - it took some work but it was worth it.

Man up and quit complaining about how you are ditching Sprint (I have been a Sprint customer for 6 years) for iPhone. If you really wanted the Pre that much you would have gotten one - or you could choose to exercise a little patience and wait a few more weeks.

Regards,

Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Don't feed the trolls......................................
    What he/she said......
    This thread seems to serve no purpose, and was posted in the wrong forum.
    Though the OP mentions the Pre.
    All discussions regarding a carrier, whether Pre is mentioned or not, go here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-north-america/

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12