1.    #1  
    Will this phone ever work with Metro pcs service?
    If they have the root image will it be easier to unlockit and use metro pcs ?
    Quote Originally Posted by trats20050 View Post
    You are talking about the Sprint Pre correct?

CDMA phones are 100% locked with each CDMA carrier. They aren't like GSM phones where you can change the SIMS card.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post

CDMA phones are 100% locked with each CDMA carrier. They aren't like GSM phones where you can change the SIMS card.
    Yes is for the "Pre".
    Currently i have Metro Pcs service and use a verizon cell phone.All they did was reflash the phone .
    Yes is for the "Pre".
    Currently i have Metro Pcs service and use a verizon cell phone.All they did was reflash the phone .
    Why don't you go ask MetroPCS?

5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    hudini may one day work for it but it prolly wont be any time this year

besides why would you want to pair such crap service with such an awsome phone?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post

thats not exactly true. Out of the box without futzing with them- you are totally spont on.

it's usually just a software update (firmware and/or prl) that needs to get changed.

some carriers will only activate phones that they have sold (verizon as an example i beleive keeps a list of serial numbers of phones that they have sold). But other carriers will activate any phone that works.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    thats not exactly true. Out of the box without futzing with them- you are totally spont on.

it's usually just a software update (firmware and/or prl) that needs to get changed.

some carriers will only activate phones that they have sold (verizon as an example i beleive keeps a list of serial numbers of phones that they have sold). But other carriers will activate any phone that works.
    That is true, when I moved to the US, i brought my Iusacell (mexican CDMA phone company) over, I just uploaded cricket's PRL into the phone, call them, gave the IMEI number and thats it. Some times they put locks (codes) so you cant connect and upload the PRL file manually, but thats another story.
    Any CDMA palm phone can and is used with metropcs service, you can purchase pretty much the entire CDMA treo line (just look search craigslist for treo or palm and metropcs) pre-provisioned, with a new metropcs account (or have the phone replace your current one on an existing account) via SOME authorized independant metropcs retailers...there are even service providers who will have you ship your treo to them, they'll reprogram it for you, activate it (at which point you lose use of your existing metro phone), and mail it back to you.

The problem is the price, I recently purchased a vzwm6 palm 700wx on ebay for $42 including shipping...im on a budget, and honestly the phone, when tweaked, is superior to any handset offered by metropcs at any price, so I've been doing my research, I spoke to a few folks at the local corporate store, and they have no problem adding my phone's ESN into inventory, however, as to the actual reprovisioning of the phone, they are clueless, houdini won't do it for them....They said they would probably have to charge me the metroflash fee ($40) or at least an activation fee ($15 I believe)...at the moment I'm holding off so i can still use my old phone until I can get everything set up properly on the treo.

So far I've managed to adjust some settings via cdmaupdater.exe, a hex editor and a nvbackup.dat file, but I'm not knowledgeble enough to know, nor have I found a definitive answer as to if it's possible to fully reprovision without access to more advanced provisioning software.

now, according to various websites I've viewed on the subject, the main issue that comes up with reprovisioning these phones is that in order for QPST or BITPIM to be able to communicate with palm phones, there needs a com port connection which activesynch cables do not provide...There are instructions on slicing up and soldering a radioshack/futuredial #19 cable and a standard usb cable, but the former was discontinued several years ago and seems to be incredibly hard to find. There are a few people who make and sell the cables but they tend to be in the $60-$80 range, a rather large investment for a single reprovisioning.

Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    hudini may one day work for it but it prolly wont be any time this year
    besides why would you want to pair such crap service with such an awsome phone?
    Doubt houdini will expand support toward any additional palm devices, could be wrong.

Anyway, $50 a month unlimited everything....great service in some areas, better than at&t or verizon, at least here in santa rosa, ca. Plus you don't have to sign away your life with the insane contracts of the major providers.

Currently houdini only supports the Palm 850 (pro), they only set you up with voice and txt, no web or mms....however, there is plenty of information out there for anyone who has a metroflashed pro to enable web.

Your sort of right, it's settings, again, the issue seems to be with the cable required in order to use reprovisioning tools to adjust those settings.

Verizon and Sprint will both activate foreign ESN's...as long as they are clean (not reported lost or stolen or show evidence of esn/meid modification) Most of the time it comes down to you having to be able to handle the actual provisioning though, unless they sold a version of that particular handset in which they may be able to reprovision it for you.

and if I'm wrong about anything or you can add any information as to reprovisioning palm treo's to metropcs, please chime in.
    Last edited by quiet420; 07/02/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    My Palm pre is on trial to work with metro. I just need a little fixes
    Maybe it's just my area but Metro is horrific, why switch over when Sprint has no dead zones and is always in EVDO (again, this is my specific area, could be VERY different elsewhere)
    Sprint owns......................metro fails !!!
    some people just dont like contracts like myself. I just need certain settings on the pre for metro pcs. Any ideas? I got it rooted unlocked to work on my windows xp. I even changed Prl to metro.
    Last edited by pyro707; 07/31/2009 at 05:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    well if you can get a pre to work on metro- couldn't you get it to work on boost that sprint owns (or maybe even virgin?)
    well if you can get a pre to work on metro- couldn't you get it to work on boost that sprint owns (or maybe even virgin?)
    Good question. Who can answer that?
    You would have to flash the ROM to the carrier. Then the next problem is getting the carrier to accept it.

Well, first off, MetroPCS will reflash and register ANY CDMA phone--does not matter if it is stolen, new, or old--apparently a big percentage of flashed phones on MetroPCS are indeed stolen VZ and S phones.

Boost, at least the unlimited plan, runs on the iDen network, not the S CDMA network--totally incompatible technologies.

I believe that Virgin Mobile will only activate phones purchased from them?

MetroPCS is based here in Dallas and the service is total crap--echos, cell sites out of frequency, dead spots, etc. The voicemail does not work about half the time--delays of hours sometimes. My neighbor suffered through a year of MetroPCS hell before switching to a Sprint Advantage plan offered by another of our neighbors (a Sprint employee)--sweet plan--better than the old SERO plan that I have.
    ive been trying to change the prl on my palm pre to metro but i have not hade any luck could any of u help me