Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hi, i currently have a blackberry storm and i absolutly Hate it, i found someone that wants to trade me there pre for my storm and i would love to do that but i read you cant unlock the pre on verizon. He said he has the unlock code. Will i be able to unlock it or is he lying??

Thanks in advance!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Chances are no, one Verizon probably won't even load the ESN in their system. Plus we are not sure if the pre is locked to Sprint. But my guess it is.
    There is a master subsidy code on this thing sooo, unless you got that from Sprint, its a no-go. Just switch to Sprint. It roams on Verizon's coverage anyways and its cheaper!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex5252 View Post
    Hi, i currently have a blackberry storm and i absolutly Hate it, i found someone that wants to trade me there pre for my storm and i would love to do that but i read you cant unlock the pre on verizon. He said he has the unlock code. Will i be able to unlock it or is he lying??

Thanks in advance!!
    Something doesnt seem right here. Your Pre friend can sell his Pre on ebay for $550+ and your storm is worth about $250 (without a contract).

But saying that this is legit and moving on I dont see any way you can unlock it allowing Verizon to activate it.
    CDMA phones are locked by each carrier. That's why I only buy unlocked GSM phones.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    CDMA phones are locked by each carrier. That's why I only buy unlocked GSM phones.
    good to know...but unhelpful to the OP