1.    #1  
    ok so I went to buy my pre today, I have an old 700p that Ive bene useing and have really been looking forward to upgrading. and could not. my account is an everything plus referral, so the people at the store could not touch it. I called *2 to see what they could do, they told me that I could not buy the pre over the phone and I need to go to a store to buy it. .

so how do i get this thing, and why is it so hard to give sprint money?
    Well, I switching from AT&T so it's not the exact situation... but I signed up with the regular Everything Data at the store. I then called Sprint Customer Service the next day with *2 from the Pre. They were able to switch me over to the EPRP with relatively little fuss.

My presumption is that you can switch to an everything data at the store then just switch back to the EPRP
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    They made me switch to an Everything Data plan from my Everything Plus plan when I got my Pre on Saturday morning. Today I called the Employee support number at 888-876-8381 and had it switched back with no problems.

Also, check this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html
    Last edited by polpo; 06/08/2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: add URL
  4.    #4  
    and what did you have to do to switchback?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart1745 View Post
    ok so I went to buy my pre today, I have an old 700p that Ive bene useing and have really been looking forward to upgrading. and could not. my account is an everything plus referral, so the people at the store could not touch it. I called *2 to see what they could do, they told me that I could not buy the pre over the phone and I need to go to a store to buy it. .

so how do i get this thing, and why is it so hard to give sprint money?
    I bought my Pre at a 3rd-party operated Sprint store, and had it activated on EPRP500 with no problem.

For complicated reasons, the store was unable to use the online system to activate any Pres that morning, so they were all done by phone with someone at Sprint operations. That may have made it easier for them to activate a EPRP plan Pre, but I don't know - all the Pres were being done that way because the ***** trainee they had made too many failed logon attempts and locked the store out of Sprints online system.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart1745 View Post
    and what did you have to do to switchback?
    I just told the support person at the Employee number what happened, and requested to be switched back to Everything Plus 500. She obliged with no hassle at all.
    Why would you want EPRP? It's a hassle to deal with stores. It's not cheaper than simply using a discount from joining an organization or using employer.
    I activated my plan Friday on the phone. It honestly took me 20 calls to get someone who would activate me on Employee Plus plan without buying a phone throught telesales (which doesn't have the PRE).

Finally got a great agent in Canada, Hang up if you get agents in Phillipines, India or the South. She activated my plan, Saturday morning they couldn't get it though on the computer, the agent called CS and got it through. whew!
  9.    #9  
    well thanks for all the help.

so this gets even stranger.

I log in to my account once I get back home. . . I have an every thing data faimly plan 1500 not a everything data plus referral plan. even though when I click on upgrade phone It shows the referral plan.
    Last edited by Stuart1745; 06/08/2009 at 07:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    the pre is cearly listed under approved devices in the EPRP-only rebate form. this shouldn't even be an issue.
  11.    #11  
    ok so here is the final story on this

on Monday night I checked my account and saw that it was not an employee account. I called in to see why there systems were showing this. finally I got transferred to a premier account rep and after 30 or so min we figured out that every phone on my plan was on the every thing data how ever the entire plan was showing as employee referral( with no phones on the account) text she tried to remove this from my account and kept getting errors. we finaly got it worked out that I would find a store wih the phone she would then call them and walk them through setting me up. On Tuesday we did this and I was able to get my pre . . fun stuff.

the problem with me had nothing to do with EPRP, and every thing to do with a generally fubared account in their database.

BTW if at any time you call in for Sprint support and you get a Jill with a slight canadian accent . . she is awesome, best Sprint rep ever.
    Canadian reps rule, I lucked out and got one when I switched my SERO to EPRP.
    We chatted about Tim Horton's and the NHL.
    Great guy, that Nate was.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me. I hear that if you have a EPRP account your discount won't work. If you have just a regular everything data plan will it work? I appreciate your time and help.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Most if not all official Sprint stores (not 3rd party retailers) have just had their systems updated. So anyone should be able activate the Pre with a EPRP plan in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Finally got a great agent in Canada, Hang up if you get agents in Phillipines, India or the South.
    The South is full of foreigners, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by treodub View Post
    Most if not all official Sprint stores (not 3rd party retailers) have just had their systems updated. So anyone should be able activate the Pre with a EPRP plan in store.
    The SERO program was initially created so that SERO customers would never have to call in and could do everything from the web, including upgrade phones. That's why SERO users have such difficulty in upgrading phones and even calling *2. All in-store reps (including BB & RS) have to call NSS and have NSS take care of everything over the phone, and when you call *2, only employee services is "supposed" to handle your issue, even tho others can, but won't because they've been brainwashed. It's good that EPRP is becoming somewhat less difficult for users, tho. Sprint has shot themselves in the foot too many times to count, trying to make things more complicated than they need to be, so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.