Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I know there have been plenty of threads about whether special plans like SERO can be used for the Pre but I haven't found any yet about something like this:

Primary phone: Pre w/ Everything Data

Second line: Some "dumb" phone, just voice, no data

I'm afraid the best I can figure out is that to allow a Pre on an account, you need Everything Data. Then to get a 2nd line, you need Everything Data Family. But, the 2nd phone on my account has no need for data or messaging; it is used for voice only.

Has anyone tried to get a "shared minutes only" 2nd line with a Pre as the primary phone? I have no desire for data or messaging on the second line.
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post
    I know there have been plenty of threads about whether special plans like SERO can be used for the Pre but I haven't found any yet about something like this:

I'm afraid the best I can figure out is that to allow a Pre on an account, you need Everything Data. Then to get a 2nd line, you need Everything Data Family. But, the 2nd phone on my account has no need for data or messaging; it is used for voice only.

Has anyone tried to get a "shared minutes only" 2nd line with a Pre as the primary phone? I have no desire for data or messaging on the second line.
    You cannot do it. Sprint has literally 6 or so total plans they allow for both the Pre and the new Instinct. We now have phones on our plan with unlimited data and text messaging that cant even use either of these features. Rip off? Maybe.
    yeah you have to start with a baseline plan and then the other phone you can add extras to. you can't start with a plan like one of the everything plans and take away features for certain phones.

it may be cheaper in the long run for you to just have separate plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post

I tried the same thing you did except I already had 2 lines and I wanted to add a 3rd "dumb" line if you will. Sprint said no go for a simple 9.99 monthly charge. I just gave up at that point and threw the other person on Virgin Mobile. Same network, better pricing for the usage they do(10-20 minutes a month tops)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I would not get the family plan, just the normal SE plan for the Pre and the cheapest voice only plan available for the other phone.