Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, I know that we got the Everything Data/Referral plans as the minimum standard for a Pre, but did anyone manage to hang on to their old SERO plan after activation?

Just holding out hope...
    no...had to call telesales when I was at Sprint corp. store before they could activate my Pre. Store rep could not make changes, only options she had were for the Simply Everything plans. Over the phone, they offered me 59.99 for 500 min, one with more minutes, and then 2 family share plans- 1600 min for 109.99 and one with more min. Went with 59.99 plan for now until my dad gets the Pre as well, then will switch to share 1600 min. Looks like days of $30/500 min are gone, but 59.99 still aint bad
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Ahhhh. I believe I moved it here from the Pre forums.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I tried ordering a Pre through telesales and my SERO account on Sunday without success. This wasn't due to them saying "you can't use SERO", it was simply because Pre's aren't available through telesales yet.

I'm going to be quite persistent with this, we'll see what happens.
    No way, no how. You can't even get it activated on the Everything Plus Referral Program (new SERO).

While I was trying to get my SERO number swapped to my Pre, the idiots kept trying to ESN swap the phones. They kept telling me that their system absolutely will not let them move a Pre to the SERO plan. I spoke to people on various Tiers as well, all with the same result.

This afternoon, I tried to get my Everything Data 450 converted to an Everything Plus Referral 500 account and they wouldn't do it, saying that EPRP is only for new activations. I asked what if I cancel my Everything Data 450 (since I'm in my first 30 days) and resign up under the EPRP. They said no-go since I would have to return the Pre when I cancel and because the Pre isn't offered under EPRP yet.

Keep dreaming guys.
    I promise you I had it done. The in store rep had not heard of the plans I described above, but I told her I had spoke to someone on telesales already (which I did). She called them and put me on the phone with them....telesales does not sell the Pre yet, but they can switch you to the new SERO plans. This must be done before the Pre can be activated.
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    I promise you I had it done. The in store rep had not heard of the plans I described above, but I told her I had spoke to someone on telesales already (which I did). She called them and put me on the phone with them....telesales does not sell the Pre yet, but they can switch you to the new SERO plans. This must be done before the Pre can be activated.
    He's right. I did the same thing. I called last Thursday and switched from SERO to the EPRP 500 plan. I also asked the manager at a Sprint Corporate store a week before the launch whether I would be able to buy and activate a Pre on an EPRP. he said yes, but on the 6th they told me it wasn't possible. When I reminded them of my previous conversation, they called Telesales. Telesales set the activation up on EPRP, and I walked out with a Pre. One of the in-person sales reps even asked me how many EPRP plan levels there were because he didn't know.

I'm glad to be on EPRP, but I still miss my SERO plan.
    With that EPRP 500 plan, did you lose your corporate discount?
    I got Sprint to move me from SERO to the everything plus referral 500 after I got my Pre. No issues
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    No way, no how. You can't even get it activated on the Everything Plus Referral Program (new SERO).

While I was trying to get my SERO number swapped to my Pre, the idiots kept trying to ESN swap the phones. They kept telling me that their system absolutely will not let them move a Pre to the SERO plan. I spoke to people on various Tiers as well, all with the same result.

This afternoon, I tried to get my Everything Data 450 converted to an Everything Plus Referral 500 account and they wouldn't do it, saying that EPRP is only for new activations. I asked what if I cancel my Everything Data 450 (since I'm in my first 30 days) and resign up under the EPRP. They said no-go since I would have to return the Pre when I cancel and because the Pre isn't offered under EPRP yet.

Keep dreaming guys.
    Then please tell me how I have a Pre activated on my EPRP account?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I was about to change over to the new Sero (EPRP) plan when I was told that my work discount would not work on that plan. Even if someone says they have added it, the discount will not show up on your bill. I get 25% off my bill now which makes me cheaper then the EPRP family plan now. Plus I also have a few other discounts on my plan.

My would say to you all that you all will just want to add a employee discount to your account. It will say with your for the life of you account. An trush me, I do not work for the company anymore but I still get the discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    Then please tell me how I have a Pre activated on my EPRP account?
    Me too.
    The key is to change your plan over the phone BEFORE going to the Sprint store.
    SERO subs can convert to EPRP and get the Pre, it's in the Sprint business manual that was leaked last month.
    I miss SERO but love the Pre on EPRP.
    So is it possible for me to call telesales and get them to switch me to the EPRP? I am a brand new customer with the simply everything plan. I also have the avail of a 16% corporate discount if I drop down a tier. What's the best option and how can I get it accomplished? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also to note, I'm bringing over 3 more lines of service in july.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    So is it possible for me to call telesales and get them to switch me to the EPRP? I am a brand new customer with the simply everything plan. I also have the avail of a 16% corporate discount if I drop down a tier. What's the best option and how can I get it accomplished? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also to note, I'm bringing over 3 more lines of service in july.
    I know that you can switch from an old SERO account to the new Everything Plus Referral pretty easily. I did it without a hitch. However, my guess is that switching from a non-SERO account to a SERO-type account takes more work. Specifically, I think you will need to prove your connection with a Sprint employee. On the SERO site at least you need to supply an email address and the last 3 digits of the employee's "CID" (employee number). If you don't have this, you might try searching for CID on SprintUsers.com as someone's listed an employee's # and last 3 digits of their CID. When I called they didn't ask for this stuff, but I was already coming from a SERO account...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    when you are activating a Pre, there is only options to activate with the SE plans.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    when you are activating a Pre, there is only options to activate with the SE plans.
    That might be what the standard screen at a Sprint store will say, but the phone is compatible with Everything Plus Referral Plans, which is essentially the new type of "SERO" account. The old $30/month/line SERO plan IS incompatible, so you would need to switch...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Mods, if this is going to by a sticky how about changing the subject? It's very misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Mods, if this is going to by a sticky how about changing the subject? It's very misleading.
    It's currently titled. "Successful SERO activations with Pre?" What would be a better title? "SERO accounts and the Pre"
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    That might be what the standard screen at a Sprint store will say, but the phone is compatible with Everything Plus Referral Plans, which is essentially the new type of "SERO" account. The old $30/month/line SERO plan IS incompatible, so you would need to switch...
    You're correct with this, NOTE: this would require a new number.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    i couldn't get it done on my $30/500min SERO Plan, i had to switch over to the Everything Plus Referral Program $60 plan... everything is the same minus the price being $60 now and not $30... oh well, it's still a good price compared to the iPhone with AT&T. i wasn't going to be able to stick with my old SERO plan because they weren't going to allow the new nicer phones on that plan anymore
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast