Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's an old sticky, but I'll add my own experience since it significantly changes what's here.

I had been on the SERO plan for over 2 years - I was eligible for upgrade but hadn't because that would have entailed signing a new contract and losing SERO pricing. In August 2010, I bought a used Sprint Pre from Ebay and called to activate it. (The month prior, I had activated a Centro on my wife's identical plan without a problem.)

The Sprint rep told me that I wouldn't be able to activate the Pre without upgrading to a plan costing twice as much. The only additional benefit was unlimited talk minutes, which wasn't really a benefit as I'd never gone over the 500 minutes I had with the SERO plan. I told the rep I'd have to think it over, figuring I'd re-sell the Pre and buy a Centro. At this point, the rep said that in October they were adding the Pre to the list of SERO-capable phones, but that there would be an extra $10/month charge.

I held on to my Pre for two months, and on October 2, activated it on my SERO plan without issue. As warned, my bill went up by $10/month, but paying $39/month beats $59/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    It's an old sticky, but I'll add my own experience since it significantly changes what's here.

I had been on the SERO plan for over 2 years - I was eligible for upgrade but hadn't because that would have entailed signing a new contract and losing SERO pricing. In August 2010, I bought a used Sprint Pre from Ebay and called to activate it. (The month prior, I had activated a Centro on my wife's identical plan without a problem.)

The Sprint rep told me that I wouldn't be able to activate the Pre without upgrading to a plan costing twice as much. The only additional benefit was unlimited talk minutes, which wasn't really a benefit as I'd never gone over the 500 minutes I had with the SERO plan. I told the rep I'd have to think it over, figuring I'd re-sell the Pre and buy a Centro. At this point, the rep said that in October they were adding the Pre to the list of SERO-capable phones, but that there would be an extra $10/month charge.

I held on to my Pre for two months, and on October 2, activated it on my SERO plan without issue. As warned, my bill went up by $10/month, but paying $39/month beats $59/month.

I too held off on getting any webos or android phone because of the price plan change to $59/month for years until i caved in just this summer for a Palm Pixi, then to find out 2 months later they finally allowed sero on webos and android phones. I think that was a bad move by Sprint, it ****ed off some off their most loyal users. I never complained about the plan change requirement at first since the unlimited data on these phones is not comparable to having unlimited data on phones that SERO was originally designed for, so they would have to charge more just like they did for regular consumer accounts.

What I think is ridiculous, is changing the rule after 2 years and effectively rewarding those who put up with a mediocre phone for a super cheap plan. These people were at no risk of defecting to another carrier, they won't even get a new sprint phone that requires a higher plan, let alone go to a higher priced carrier.

The crazy thing is that this new $10 Sero add on is even worst for sprint, because for the extra $10 a month, not only is sprint allowing your unlimited data to be used on a webos/android phone, they are also giving you the navigation and Unlimited ANY MOBILE (free calls to all u.s. cell phones.)
    I just got SERO Premium 500 $40/mo Plan!! I found it on ebay of all places from a 100% high feedback seller and decided to buy it and see.

Well, after a few phone calls with the seller, the acct was setup for it!! What I paid will pay itself in a few months, I was on EPRP 500 for $59.99 now I have exactly the same services for $40!!

kept my number and my upgrade too. Also did not tie me to a new contract.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Ok this is for all you penny wise and not dollar foolish, I recently flashed my Pre to a cricket service, (down fall cant upgrade OS) up end (HP doesn't show much support) .
    Alright enough of the bash lets get down to the real reason for Post.
    MY service for everything is only $45.(Unlimited). that with internet, apps, mms/sms/ gps locations, email , phone.. and still finding more things to do with it. By far this is the best deal considering most companies charge extras for the data, and if its a BB or Droid phone your have no option but shell out.. compared to the Sprint ($70) limited, $99 unlimited, Verizon $99 (unlimited) . this is a great savings without loss of a great hone and I "DID NOT COMPROMISE SERVICE" actually the Pre works so well with cricket in areas my droid, iphone and bb lost signal this marches on, in actually all my Palm products always did well. I understand soon Boost Mobile and Metro PC will also be able to offer the same services on Pre, and Best Part, Boost is on Sprint CDMA and Metro on Verizon. Just wanted to share this!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123