Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The system will not allow the PALM100HK to be activated on anything but an Everything plan, or EPRP plan. There are no exceptions to this rule.

We hear legacy SERO customers at least 5 times a day threaten cancellation because the Pre won't work on their plan. "Sprint sucks, I'm getting an iPhone!" OK, have fun paying $100+ a month.
    Anyword if the HTC Hero will require certain plans?
    No official word on the Hero yet. I am pretty sure that the Touch Pro2 will work on SERO, as it is a PPC replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    No official word on the Hero yet. I am pretty sure that the Touch Pro2 will work on SERO, as it is a PPC replacement.
    That would be my new phone then. Thanks for the update.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The system will not allow the PALM100HK to be activated on anything but an Everything plan, or EPRP plan. There are no exceptions to this rule.

We hear legacy SERO customers at least 5 times a day threaten cancellation because the Pre won't work on their plan. "Sprint sucks, I'm getting an iPhone!" OK, have fun paying $100+ a month.
    What is this "PALM100HK" code you're referring to? I've heard about ESN changing on the Palm Pre although it is illegal, has there been any word of success by any individual attempting this and having the Pre on the legacy SERO plan?

I want to know for sure what's blocking the Palm Pre from being able to be activated with the legacy SERO plans. Even if it's difficulties with the Palm Profile part of the activation, that could all be bypassed. So I'm guessing it's ESN related or something? Not sure, anyone wanna clarify on this?
    "..this will definitely prevail."
    The PALM100HK is the Sprint SKU for the Palm Pre.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Ah, thanks. I don't wanna go through the risk and trouble of getting a Pre on the old SERO plans even if possible through certain procedures. Debating whether to go with the old plans or new ones for the Pre. Any suggestions?
    "..this will definitely prevail."
    For now, I'm holding out for a Hero.
    Sprint's system has a record of the ESN and Model of every phone they sell. They will not let you activate an ESN that is a Pre without being on the appropriate plan. There is no way around this other than by changing your ESN,which is illegal.
    9/27 Sprint Employee accounts will be able to order the Palm Pre dont know if SERO works the same as employee account
    Employee accounts can already order the Palm Pre... chances are the SERO limitation will not be lifted, I wouldn't count on it ever happening.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm on the new SERO/Everything Plus 500 with a Pre right now. I purchased the Pre though a Sprint store, and activated it though Chat. It was very easy.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pKevin View Post
    I'm on the new SERO/Everything Plus 500 with a Pre right now. I purchased the Pre though a Sprint store, and activated it though Chat. It was very easy.
    Everything Plus plans are not SERO plans. They are intended to replace SERO plans. I'm on Everything Plus, too. No one that I'm aware of has been able to activate a Pre on a SERO plan. Sprint says they won't allow it.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    SERO plans do not allow the Pre. Everything Plus plans are entirely different from the SERO plans. The only way they are related is if you want a Pre or Instinct you have to leave SERO and are offered the Everything Plus discounted plan instead of having to go with a straight normal plan.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    SERO plans do not allow the Pre. Everything Plus plans are entirely different from the SERO plans. The only way they are related is if you want a Pre or Instinct you have to leave SERO and are offered the Everything Plus discounted plan instead of having to go with a straight normal plan.
    I had a SERO plan and daughter's phone died. She needed a new one and did not want to tie her down for 2 years to old tech. Sprint corp. store guy tried for an hour to get Pre on SERO plan with no luck. I was never offered the Everything Plan though you mention here. Had to change to 69.99 plan for the Pre. Hated doing it and leaving behind a perfect SERO 30.00 plan with 500 minutues, unlimited texts, unlimited internet.

I am going to call #2 and see if they will change my plan to at least 59.99 plan and give me my 20 % corp. discount.

Also can you use HERO on old SERO plans? What about HERO on existing regular legacy plans? Thanks..
    The Hero requires an Everything Data or Everything Plus plans as well.

Stores don't have any training for SERO or EPRP plans since they are rare in comparison to what we see on a daily basis. EPRP plans are also not eligible for corporate discounts, just like the SERO plans are not. If you do manage to get a corporate discount to pull off of those plans it isn't supposed to, so be grateful.
    Kevin

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I pay $30/month for 500 minutes and unlimited data. The plan is $20, plus insurance for $7 and some taxes. I have my plan because a friend works for Sprint.
    That's great - but does it work with a Pre?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yes. I have the original Palm Pre from Sprint. And surprisingly I'm still on my first one

I get all the Internet, SMS, MMS, email, etc. The one thing that doesn't come is Sprint Navi. That they told me is a premium service and it's an extra $10/month.

But for the consumer "Everything" plans it's included.
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    Yes. I have the original Palm Pre from Sprint. And surprisingly I'm still on my first one

I get all the Internet, SMS, MMS, email, etc. The one thing that doesn't come is Sprint Navi. That they told me is a premium service and it's an extra $10/month.

But for the consumer "Everything" plans it's included.
    This is an Employee Advantage Plan (also referred to as a SWAC plan), it is not available for regular customers. The liability is in the employee's name, and the plan cannot be put on a non-employee account. If you know a Sprint employee and they trust you enough to put you on an advantage plan, it is the best deal available anywhere, short of working for Sprint directly as an employee.
    Kevin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast