Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First, I love my Pre! Amazing, beautiful, obsessed with it. So pleased.

Ok. They told me I couldn't so I had to switch my plan to the $69 Everything plan in store. I don't mind if this is how it has to be, but if EP is capable for Pre like I thought then I'll call/chat and fix it.

Is your Pre on Everything Plus (the replacement for Sero)?
    Where you get it Jon? The SI Sprint or BestBuy? I was told numerous times the Everything Plus 500 was compatible with the Pre. I might hold off until I get back from vacation in a week to get mine.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
  3.    #3  
    I got it at the corporate store on Richmond, and they well very clear that the system wouldn't let them. I kept telling them what the official twitter and all the sources online said but they said there's nothing they could do in their system.
    double post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    First, I love my Pre! Amazing, beautiful, obsessed with it. So pleased.

Ok. They told me I couldn't so I had to switch my plan to the $69 Everything plan in store. I don't mind if this is how it has to be, but if EP is capable for Pre like I thought then I'll call/chat and fix it.

Is your Pre on Everything Plus (the replacement for Sero)?
    Yea, where did you get your phone? I just switched my plan to the EPRP, so this is vital to me. It doesnt take effect for a couple of days(June 8th), so I can still have time to change it back.

***EDIT**
    ^^ Damn, well I guess I figure something out.
    Bump, Im really interested in this.
    Guys, You can get the same pricing with the Everything Data plans and join the Aliant Credit Union (25% off your bill)
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    Guys, You can get the same pricing with the Everything Data plans and join the Aliant Credit Union (25% off your bill)
    450 or 900 mins? The reason why I chose EPRP is because they have 1000 mins (currently have 1250).
    Just picked up my Pre at the Pentagon Row Sprint store in Arlington, VA and was told the same thing. They can't switch SERO accounts to Everything Plus at the store, so they noted my account accordingly and I'll be giving Sprint a call later today to get it all fixed.
  10.    #10  
    I'll be calling Sprint later then to see if this can be corrected.

In the meantime, no one successfully bought a Pre on Everything Plus? That's shocking to me. I thought it was just my local Sprint being ignorant.
    they had to switch me to a regular plan from Everything Plus Family. Not a big deal since i can throw a discount on it. But took freaking forever.. I'm kinda glad to be done with the hassles of SERO, EPRP, etc...
    Wasn't this addressed in the Launch Guide? I seem to recall that Sprint instructed their employees to refer SERO users wanting to switch to EPRP to Telesales.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Wasn't this addressed in the Launch Guide? I seem to recall that Sprint instructed their employees to refer SERO users wanting to switch to EPRP to Telesales.
    But I don't have Sero. Nothing had to be changed, I already had Everything Plus. That wasn't really addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    just went to this site.. it seems pretty easy to sign up.... anyhow how much are you paying monthly right now..
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    I was able to activate my Pre on Everything Plus 500. Not sure how general my experience is, but FWIW:

I was second in line at my 3rd party operated Sprint store. The first person got the manager, I got the long-haired-blank-faced-clueless-20-YO trainee slacker. He tries to logon to some internal Sprint website to start setting me up, and mis-types the password. Tries again, same password. Fails. Tries again. Fails, and LOCKS UP THE ACCOUNT FOR THE ENTIRE STORE due to too many failed logon attempts.

Anyway, all the Pres while I was there got activated by the manager working over the telephone with someone at Sprint. There was no problem at all activating my Pre on Everything Plus this way. I have no idea whether they would have been successful if they'd tried to do it using the normal website method. But if you try and the system balks, have them do it over the phone.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was able to activate mine on the Everything Plus Referral 500. At first they acted like there was a problem, but then the store manager came over and there was just one conflicting code on the account (for the casual data usage rate) that was preventing them from saving the changes for the upgrade. Once they deleted the conflicting code, it went through without a hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by corye View Post
    I was able to activate mine on the Everything Plus Referral 500. At first they acted like there was a problem, but then the store manager came over and there was just one conflicting code on the account (for the casual data usage rate) that was preventing them from saving the changes for the upgrade. Once they deleted the conflicting code, it went through without a hitch!
    Coo, this is what I will need to do.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I successfully activated my Pre this morning on the Everything Plus Referral Plan. Switched to it yesterday from the old $30 SERO 500 plan. The first time she tried to activate the phone, it errored out and the rep told me the plan was not eligible. I told her that I was absolutely positive that the plan would work, so she tried again. The second time, she saw that the problem was a code in the system that was causing the error: "Sprint Casual Data" add-on. Once she removed that, it went through just fine on the EPRP plan. Don't let them make you change your plan! Have them check for incompatible codes, and things should work. Good luck, everyone!

edit: corye beat me to it. same error, same solution.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kasi1222 View Post
    "Sprint Casual Data" add-on.
    What is this code?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    What is this code?
    I don't know the actual system code, but it is listed on the paperwork I received as "Sprint Casual Data" $0.00/month.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast