1.    #1  
    I just called a Sprint store (well a kiosk at a mall) and the guy there said that the phone will not be active for 3 or so days because it will take time to port my number from Verizon to Sprint. I've heard porting is instantaneous from friends who have done it in the past..

Anyone have any input on this?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijras View Post
    I just called a Sprint store (well a kiosk at a mall) and the guy there said that the phone will not be active for 3 or so days because it will take time to port my number from Verizon to Sprint. I've heard porting is instantaneous from friends who have done it in the past..

Anyone have any input on this?
    Once the port is submitted, it takes about 30 minutes. I just ported 125 lines from Alltel to Sprint. Once I sent an e-mail to the porting project manager, it happened in no time.
    Just moved 14 lines over and all were done by the time they were done setting up the phones and letting us leave the store.
    2-48 hours is activations stand on the issue, But i do have some customers that go VZW to Sprint and they are up and runing (outgoing calls at the least) before they leave my kiosk. YMMV
    SCK Manager