Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Greetings,

I was wondering if anybody can confirm if the 450 minute Everything data plan includes access to using telenav GPS software included with the Pre. I realize that using the GPS on Google maps is free with this plan, but I wasn't sure if this was the case for the other software.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, everything means everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman0531 View Post
    Yes, everything means everything.
    Actually no, it doesn't include PAM, which the data-only deaf plan does.
    ^^^doesnt matter....pre wont tether n e ways...at least not now. and it doesnt include EVERTHING...how about those who want road side assistance. it covers most stuff the typical user is goin to use the phone for. there are a few add ons you can do but for the telenav navigation- yes. its included.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    if you want to nit-pick it also doesn't include international calling and family locator service. sheesh. nobody includes PAM with a bundle plan anymore. wanna know why? they want you to buy a aircard.
    ps...it does include pam just not persay. you can tether a blackberry on a 450 everthing data plan. using the sprint smartview software. just doesnt show up on the bill as pam. non of the new plans have the PAM option persay. but it is available on select devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    ^^^doesnt matter....pre wont tether n e ways...at least not now. and it doesnt include EVERTHING...how about those who want road side assistance. it covers most stuff the typical user is goin to use the phone for. there are a few add ons you can do but for the telenav navigation- yes. its included.
    The Pre can tether just fine. Some folks managed to change plans and keep the PAM option enabled, and the Pre tethers with no issues at all. Also, the deaf user plan included PAM. So it's not that the Pre can't tether, it's that Sprint doesn't want you to do that instead of using a USB modem.
    so how are they tethering then...i was told and have plenty of emails stating directly from sprint that it will not tether. it doesnt have the option when plugging it to your usb on your computer to do so....is there some sort of hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    so how are they tethering then...i was told and have plenty of emails stating directly from sprint that it will not tether. it doesnt have the option when plugging it to your usb on your computer to do so....is there some sort of hack?
    No. If PAM is enabled on your account, you pair your laptop to the Pre with bluetooth, then tell the latop to connect via the bluetooth PAN. This works even without PAM being enabled, but you don't get a default route or internet access. If PAM is enabled on your acct, the Pre gives you a default route and Internet access works.

No DUN or other nonsense needed. Bluetooth PAN is the way to go!

So anyways, it works fine, it's just sprint doesn't want you to use it.
    * Everything Data 450 $69.99
    * 450 Anytime Minutes Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Unlimited Sms Text Messaging
    * Unlimited Picture Mail
    * Unlimited Data Usage
    * Sprint Navigation
    * Sprint Data Essentials Pack
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Caller ID
    * Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail

Monthly charge for service plan
    $69.99
    Plan add-ons for USER NAME

* Picture Mail Included
    * Data - Web, email, TV, music, GPS and more Included
    * Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm Included
    * Data Usage Included
    * TEP ($3 Ins. premium + ESRP)7.00
    * Messages - Text, Pictures and Video Included
    * Sprint Navigation Included

So much included, but people want to act screwed over tethering.
    I finally figured out how to add addresses and look up businesses on the web and synchronize them to my Navigator's "Favorites". If anyone is interested here is the link: my.telenav.com