1.    #1  
    I have 5 lines on Free and Clear Unlimited mins plan with free data and unlimited text...my bill is like 175 a month....I love my plan i love the unlimited mins....I dont mind paying a bit more for getting this phone on my plan...

Based on the business released Engadget
    clearly says that you can have an add one pro pack plan and I would love to know I can do that....there is NOTHING out there that matches what I have....
    Your going to need the Simply Everything Family plan. The Pre simply won't activate unless it is on an Everything plan.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I have 5 lines on Free and Clear Unlimited mins plan with free data and unlimited text...my bill is like 175 a month....I love my plan i love the unlimited mins....I dont mind paying a bit more for getting this phone on my plan...

Based on the business released Engadget
    clearly says that you can have an add one pro pack plan and I would love to know I can do that....there is NOTHING out there that matches what I have....
    Unless you're a "select corporate liable customer" with the "pro-plan option built in to your contract", I don't see you qualifying for that option.
    couldn't he just get a everything data plan for himself or a simply everything for himself and let the rest of the family stay with the F&C plan?
    Engadget does not know the plans - I have Everything Messaging on a 3 line share plan. Could not add a full prices data line on my line, I had to move to the Everything Data Share plan which is gonna cost me another $30/mo. But my wife and daughter will now have Sprint Nav - so maybe that is a good thing.

treoKing - could do that but it would probably more than double the cost. However, an unlimited plan for 5 will be expensive anyway you loo at it!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    You are really pushing this, the only place you even have a chance of getting around the everything plan option is dealing with Sprint directly, but good luck on that, it is pretty clear you need to be on an everything plan.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...plan-data.html
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    couldn't he just get a everything data plan for himself or a simply everything for himself and let the rest of the family stay with the F&C plan?
    Yeah, but that will cost a fortune, too. Paying the first phone charge on two separate accounts isn't really a good option.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I would wait a few months. Sprint reverses policy quite often and whyat they say about plan requirements today might be clarified or exceptions could esily be made after a few months.

If you must have a pre today I would advise the OP NOT get off his crernet plan becasue Sprint will NOT give it back. Get a second plan such as the $60 plans that qualify, you will still be better off than dumping your FF plan.

Right now Sprints new plans for 5 users work out to double the costs of many current plans it would be crazy to drop that for the sake of a single phone. there are many cool phones that are more powerful than Pre coming out and for the 2 year cost of increasing your plan costs you could e getting a new high powered phone every six months.

Waiting to see if Sprint relaxes requirements is the best choice. second best choice is getting a second $60 plan for which the Pre qualifies and leaving your 5 line plan active.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

Waiting to see if Sprint relaxes requirements is the best choice.
    That's my plan. I've been with Sprint for almost 12 years and have four lines. I suspect that, once all the hype dies down, They'll figure out a way to keep my monthly bill pretty close to what it is now in order to keep me as a customer.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'm waiting this one out...the docs make it sound like they are pulling an Instinct on us. I can only hope they aren't, but we will see

If I have to change my plan, I won't get a Pre on Sprint, as much as it pains me. I would likely wait for the GSM version, and switch over to AT&T (assuming cheaper data plans are forthcoming.)

I am a loyal Sprint customer going on 12 years (and not even on SERO). You think they would show some love. But I'm not going to effectively double or treble my phone costs going forward just for a phone. There is always something new around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post

If I have to change my plan, I won't get a Pre on Sprint, as much as it pains me. I would likely wait for the GSM version, and switch over to AT&T (assuming cheaper data plans are forthcoming.).
    Good luck with that - hope ATT's service is good for you and I have not found any plans at ATT that are cheaper than Sprint (apples to apples).
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I am in a similar boat: Shared plan with 5 phones (2 are for the in-laws).

Both my wife and I have Centros, so we have unlimited data/text on those 2 lines, but everyone else just uses their phone as a phone, so the $10 per line really works out nicely.

I would love to get a Pre. I was at the store on Saturday morning at 6:45AM waiting in line. When the store opened and I found out the only way to get a Pre was to go to a shared everything plan on all lines, I couldn't justify the cost. I think it would of been cheaper for me to just get a new entry level separate plan, and use my old phone when I needed more minutes.

Hopefully in time, Sprint will allow us to have both power users and just plain phone users on the same shared plan.

F
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I'm waiting this one out...the docs make it sound like they are pulling an Instinct on us. I can only hope they aren't, but we will see

If I have to change my plan, I won't get a Pre on Sprint, as much as it pains me. I would likely wait for the GSM version, and switch over to AT&T (assuming cheaper data plans are forthcoming.)

I am a loyal Sprint customer going on 12 years (and not even on SERO). You think they would show some love. But I'm not going to effectively double or treble my phone costs going forward just for a phone. There is always something new around the corner.
    AT&T plans are NEVER cheaper than Sprints. I just switched from AT&T for that exact reason. Well and the fact I always got dropped. And just watch AT&T kill the whole "using MP3s as a ringtone" deal.