1.    #1  
    I just changed my plan to be ready for the Pre and amazingly I'm paying less now then I was with my old Free and Clear plan.

I have 1500min Data Everything and I pay only $76.99 a month

This is how I did it

I called retentions even though Sprint officially doesn't have a retentions department. I pleaded my case as a long time Premier Customer who didn't like the thought of paying more a month just to get the Pre.

The CSR got creative with the system and did the following:

1. Put me on the Data Everything 900min Plan for $89.99
    2. Added additional 600 bonus minutes for free
    3. Gave me a $20 monthly discount

So with the $7 TEP the final is $76.99

Some things to consider
    This will not likely work for everyone, I'm a longtime customer who is Premier. From what I know, you need to make sure the CSR you're talking to knows all the codes in the system to find ones that will work with your account. This didn't work previously because they freezed most codes while they were making up their minds on what to allow at the launch of the Pre. There are no guarantees that all my goodies will continue forever. Sprint can take these away at anytime. You cannot ask for a SE plan and get any goodies (like monthly discounts) because Sprint considers this a discount plan, so don't even ask. I've attached a pic of my plan, the only thing not reflected is the $20 discount but I assure you it is there. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes but your bonus mins are going to expire you do know that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by flashrocco View Post
    That is correct.

On the other hand, he could probably call up again in 10 months when the 100 free minutes expires, or 2 years when the 500 minutes expire, complain to retentions, and have them add something again. It's just annoying.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by flashrocco View Post
    I've had this on my F&C plan but they never expired. I think they put "traps" in the system that automatically renew it. I'm not worried about it.
    Yea I know its funny because I have a similar plan. I just got there a totally differernt way. I was able to get the 450 plan and have 1000 bonus mins added on. So now i have 1450 mins for the 69.99. I had the 1000 from my prior plan and after talking to them I was able to convince them to let me keep them as part of my plan. My plan is set to go into effect on saturday so hopefully there is no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Berd,

This is the title of this forum:

CDMA-North America
    Sprint and Verizon discussions -- talk Palm Pre Plans, Treo Plans, etc.

Since they're talking about the type of plans Sprint will allow for the Pre, isn't this where it should go?
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I called retentions even though Sprint officially doesn't have a retentions department.
    How does one reach retentions these days if it doesn't officially exist? *2 and say "cancel"? I'd like to try to bring my shared Everything Data plan down closer to where my previous plan was. I certainly don't need the extra minutes that came with this new plan, but there wasn't a shared plan with fewer minutes. My bill is a good $20 higher now than it was previously, and I'd like to get *someone* to help me out here. (Been with Sprint 9 years, 2 of the 3 lines are out of contract, yada yada yada...)
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    How does one reach retentions these days if it doesn't officially exist? *2 and say "cancel"? I'd like to try to bring my shared Everything Data plan down closer to where my previous plan was. I certainly don't need the extra minutes that came with this new plan, but there wasn't a shared plan with fewer minutes. My bill is a good $20 higher now than it was previously, and I'd like to get *someone* to help me out here. (Been with Sprint 9 years, 2 of the 3 lines are out of contract, yada yada yada...)
    Yeah kind of, the reason why I did this is because they're more knowledgeable to give you the goodies to keep you a customer. The difference in the past was that they had the ability to override CSR abilities and get better goodies then regular CSR's were able to. This is no longer true, what I got could also be done by a lonely CSR, but keep in mind it depends on how long and how much you pay monthly as a Sprint Customer.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Yeah kind of, the reason why I did this is because they're more knowledgeable to give you the goodies to keep you a customer. The difference in the past was that they had the ability to override CSR abilities and get better goodies then regular CSR's were able to. This is no longer true, what I got could also be done by a lonely CSR, but keep in mind it depends on how long and how much you pay monthly as a Sprint Customer.
    So "retentions" is just a more knowledgeable, sharper CSR-- more likely to help you out to keep your business. Gotcha. Obviously you were able to get a few things added on to your plan, some dicounts, etc, so that should be possible-- even if it depends on certain criteria (like you mentioned, how long you've been a customer, how much you pay, etc.)
    Good Idea. Im going to try this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Try this number: 877-775-4886. Just tell them that you were referred over from cust. svc. and you want to shutdown your account.