Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have been with Sprint for almost ten years. I understand the point of making a Premier program. What I don't understand is how they got to their eligibility requirements.

3 months of service at $69.99 I bet that is a large percentage of their customers. I am a Premier customer but like I have said earlier have been with Sprint for almost 10 years. I have since it was available always had unlimited vision now data on my plan with a large amount of minutes to go along with it.

It is a little bit of a joke to me that someone who has been with Sprint for 4 months with a $69.99 plan is a Premier customer. Of course can Sprint can't honor the demand for Premier customers who are interested in the Pre the criteria are way to low and there are too many Premier customers.

Of course maybe they figure those of us that have been with them for so long our not going to switch so why give them anything.

I think that a tiered Premier program might be a better choice. Something similar to the airline frequent flier status. As you get more years or $$ in billing you move up the tiers.
    The point of having Premiere is to make Sprint's valued customers - long time subscribers and high-rollers - feel special. If it was limited purely to people who have been Sprint customers for X many years then it'd be harder to get in and therefore fewer customers would feel special and would end up rating lower.

It's like the nice lounge at the airport. The frequent fliers get to hang out in the nice place, but so do the guys who bought first class tickets. In the end, you're both valued customers that have spent a lot of money with the airline, and to keep your business they're going to give you some perks.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Agreed, but $69 bill is not that high I would imagine. Customers spending upwards of $200-$300 a month I can see.
    There are most definitely tiers to the Premier program. I think the number is at three currently based on what I have heard. The higher the tier the more they can do for you. My coolness level is high enough to get text for my wife for 1$ but not high enough to bump up my upgrade to June to get the Pre.

However, I have talked to several people that were able to get their upgrade dates pushed up due to the fact that they spend over 200 dollars a month, or are a business.

Trust me, Sprint is taking care of people, and as a 10 year veteran of SPrint, you should know that.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have been well taken care of. Most of it is in regards to the Pre and actually being able to secure one when released.
    Quote Originally Posted by hal3146 View Post
    It is a little bit of a joke to me that someone who has been with Sprint for 4 months with a $69.99 plan is a Premier customer.
    Remember several years back, when it was Sprint who had the commercial mocking cell phone companies that gave all their nice discounts to the "new kid in class".
    In the "New Kid" spot, a new student who arrives for her first day of school receives a brand-new, deluxe paint set while the children who have been in class are clearly disappointed at the unfairness of being stuck with their old, dilapidated sets. The text on the screen reads, "How does your wireless company make you feel?" and a voiceover tells customers "At Sprint, we believe everyone is important that's why existing customers can get great deals on the latest phones too. The Sprint PCS New For YouTM Upgrade Program." The Sprint Guy arrives to remind the class the "Everyone should feel like they're special." The spot ends with the new Sprint PCS theme line, "Sprint PCS. Now, that's better."
    Now the kids in class just 4 months get treated like new kids too. While the kids who have been in class for double digit years don't even get a free Sprint company pen.

Anyway, only reason I've stayed with Sprint over 10 years is because they're cheap and I'm cheap too .
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Darnell could not agree more on why I stay with Sprint. I am cheap and have had reliable service so what more could I really ask for.

I do like the people and if anybody reading this is one of them then too bad that are like I have been with sprint for X years and if they mess up the Pre launch and I dont get one I am switching carriers. Really is any phone worth switch carriers over? Even the Iphone sure it was novel and cool but to switch carriers. I dont think so. When the Iphone was announced my thought was my Mogul, Diamond, Curve whatever I had plus my 30gb Ipod was all I need.