1.    #1  
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on my Blackberry 8830 and am looking forward to getting the pre like the rest of you here. I have been reading all the previews and impressions over the last couple of months and have been largely impressed by the phone.

BUT, tonight I decided to go on Sprint's official site to look around and see what's up. I wanted to just double check and make sure I was eligible for my upgrade and to my dismay I found out that the upgrade program expires June 6th 2009...aka the Pre's release date.

So this means that if I can't get my hands on the Pre the very first day it is available, I don't get my upgrade discount.

I have been a loyoal (probably too loyal) customer of Sprint's for over 10 years and this is how they treat me?

If I can't somehow get my hands on a Pre I will just wait for the new iphone to come out and switch to AT&T.

I'm so fed up with Sprint....

Is anyone else in this situation?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, no, no. You will be fine, trust me. There's always an expiration date that just gets bumped up again.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Have you called Sprint to ask about this?
  4.    #4  
    I hope you are right about that. Honestly though, this looks like a ploy by sprint to line their pockets a little bit more, and disrespect loyal customers.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Have you called Sprint to ask about this?
    No, I have not. But that's what it says on their site. Considering my past struggles with Sprint's customer service reps, calling them would yield about 8 different inaccurate answers and promises.
    I think you'll be fine.............
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeChop View Post
    I hope you are right about that. Honestly though, this looks like a ploy by sprint to line their pockets a little bit more, and disrespect loyal customers.
    Don't be so paranoid.

You'll be O.K. I noticed the expiration date thing last year and have observed for myself the date be bumped up. I remember my concern with it, and I contacted Sprint. Everything turned out fine, after the 6th go back to the site and I assure you there will be another expiration date that has been bumped up. The New For You upgrade program isn't going away anytime soon.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
  8.    #8  
    I'm hesitant to be comforted by all of this optimism... Hope it works out.
    Take a deep breath. Everything will be just fine. This is standard procedure for Sprint. The expiration date will be extended after June 6th so you definitely won't be deprived of an upgrade. That is the way it has been done for a few years now.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Doe, you'll be fine. I checked it a few months ago and it was due to expire in April.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    When you say your due for an upgrade do you mean your contract has meet its fulfillment? If so then they have to give you a discount price regardless as you would be signing a two year agreement.

I currently have this situation: I have two phone lines, I just never got rid of one. My one lines contract expired early May so that line is eligible for an upgrade/new contract.....so I get the PRE, wait awhile then switch the PRE over to the real phone line I use. The other one is just for emergency, but my main line doesnt expire til next year.
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on my Blackberry 8830 and am looking forward to getting the pre like the rest of you here. I have been reading all the previews and impressions over the last couple of months and have been largely impressed by the phone.

BUT, tonight I decided to go on Sprint's official site to look around and see what's up. I wanted to just double check and make sure I was eligible for my upgrade and to my dismay I found out that the upgrade program expires June 6th 2009...aka the Pre's release date.

So this means that if I can't get my hands on the Pre the very first day it is available, I don't get my upgrade discount.

I have been a loyoal (probably too loyal) customer of Sprint's for over 10 years and this is how they treat me?

If I can't somehow get my hands on a Pre I will just wait for the new iphone to come out and switch to AT&T.

I'm so fed up with Sprint....

Is anyone else in this situation?
    where on sprints site when you loged in did you find this.
    Non-issue. If you are out of contract the price for the Pre is the same as if you were a new customer regardless.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    yeah, you should be able to upgrade... that program is crap anyway... it used to be 18 months for the 150 upgrade... maybe when that program ends, a better one comes along, but since you are out of contract then you should be fine
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    No, I have not. But that's what it says on their site. Considering my past struggles with Sprint's customer service reps, calling them would yield about 8 different inaccurate answers and promises.
    I've never had any problems with Sprint and I've been with them since 97. I actually like to use the messenger program when dealing with them. usually, they have me take an optional survey which ends up giving me a free ring tone.

I am in similar situation as you. My contract ended in Aug of 08' so I've been eligable to upgrade for a while now.You'll be fine and able to get it for $200.
    Probably for legal/accounting reasons that they put an expiration date on the offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Don't be so paranoid.

You'll be O.K. I noticed the expiration date thing last year and have observed for myself the date be bumped up. I remember my concern with it, and I contacted Sprint. Everything turned out fine, after the 6th go back to the site and I assure you there will be another expiration date that has been bumped up. The New For You upgrade program isn't going away anytime soon.
    You may be right that the op will be fine, but it's not paranoia if that's what the site says.

I, too, have gotten to the point where I don't care what the rep says (for the big stuff) if I can find something on the store's website or literature that addresses a given issue. The reps' information varies.

Heck, a couple weeks before the release date was announced, I asked a couple of Sprint reps if they knew what it would be. The first one told me the Pre would probably be released on the last day of June. The second one told me probably at the end of May or the beginning of June.

The second one was closer, of course, but the FIRST one was 1) the Pre Advocate for the store and 2) the MANAGER of the store.

Honestly, I'd have preferred an "I don't know" to b.s.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Your kinda late, this is confirmed that a new one is starting the same day.
    This has always been this way it just give them a period to update stuff.