Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For what ever my opinion is, I think the V version will be a PRE, however, it will exploit the new V airways. These airways will allow for far better service ,inside concrete buildings and in marginal covered areas, such as my own house. It is my understanding that the new frequency will aloow faster downlaod/trasfer rates than sprint's current high speed. What do you think? Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    great thread, man
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    For what ever my opinion is, I think the V version will be a PRE, however, it will exploit the new V airways.
    Oh yeah, bay-bee. The 700MHz LTE deployment will be well underway in late 2009. Like Cable-based broadband in your hand.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I don't even know what the OP means...?? It doesn't make sense....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    "...Which brings me to my next point folks, don't smoke crack" - Waterboy
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    "...Which brings me to my next point folks, don't smoke crack" - Waterboy
    hahahaha http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...aughing013.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I don't even know what the OP means...?? It doesn't make sense....
    Verizon bid and won, via FCC auction, Nationwide coverage of the 700MHz frequency spectrum. In addition to superior building penetration over all the other cell phone spectrums, Verizon is deploying it (as we speak) to support their LTE migration (4G). A January Pre with LTE support would be pretty amazing ... but unlikely.

Think of it as a little faster than Sprint's WiMax, but with global compatibility (like GSM).
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Wow. Precentral should charge you a monthly fee for allowing this level of advertising on the boards. How long have you worked for Verizon's marketing dept? ... Not too long if you got assigned to a board for a phone that isn't Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilemann View Post
    Wow. Precentral should charge you a monthly fee for allowing this level of advertising on the boards. How long have you worked for Verizon's marketing dept? ... Not too long if you got assigned to a board for a phone that isn't Verizon.
    Hah - well if you want to get particular, the Pre isn't Sprint's yet, although the Sprint release will happen before Verizon's. No reason not to talk about the next generation of Pre and (a-hem) speculate on it's capabilities on the Pre board is there? I didn't think so. But thanks for the Verizon marketing department comment - maybe I should forward your post as an endorsement for me.

And I don't actually work for Verizon. I thought I should make that official for the conspiracy theorists.
    Gee, with all the free advertising you all have given Sprint, and you throw rocks at VZW fans with knowledge? Give us a break.
    a friend who works for Verizon is already testing the Pre. It has Verizon printed with the big red V on bottom of the gesture area. Also has their name on the top above the earpiece, as well as both sides and the back under the Palm logo. And has two Verizon logos on the mirror on back. It even has a Verizon logo printed between the keys on the keyboard. It also has the Bluetooth disabled where you can only use a Verizon headset, and forget about Amazon because it only works with the V Cast music download service. On a positive note, it has 3 really nice Verizon wallpapers preloaded.

Also, they are considering a new unlimited data plan for this device with a lower price of $27.95 ($2 off) for signing a 4 year contract. Plus $10/mo. for early nights, $20 for unlimited txt.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    a friend who works for Verizon is already testing the Pre. It has Verizon printed with the big red V on bottom of the gesture area. Also has their name on the top above the earpiece, as well as both sides and the back under the Palm logo. And has two Verizon logos on the mirror on back. It even has a Verizon logo printed between the keys on the keyboard. It also has the Bluetooth disabled where you can only use a Verizon headset, and forget about Amazon because it only works with the V Cast music download service. On a positive note, it has 3 really nice Verizon wallpapers preloaded.

Also, they are considering a new unlimited data plan for this device with a lower price of $27.95 ($2 off) for signing a 4 year contract. Plus $10/mo. for early nights, $20 for unlimited txt.
    Lmao nevermind I see the sarcasm...
    Along with the great network, they'll disable file transfer through bluetooth and cripple the wifi! Can You Hear Me Now?!?!...........
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    hack the sprint pre on to verizon!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Along with the great network, they'll disable file transfer through bluetooth and cripple the wifi! Can You Hear Me Now?!?!...........

yeah, verizon has a bad problem with gimping phones just for the hell of it

no one knows why...

meh
    Pre not coming to Verizon. Sprint has exclusivity for a fair while longer
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I know a lot of people who are absolutely dedicated to Verizon but I've never understood their bragging because in my experience then Sprint gives equal coverage but at a much lower price.

Anyway, if the Pre goes to Verizon then I'm okay with it. The more popular WebOS gets the better apps we'll end up seeing.
    verizon is doo doo
    good for verizon...trying to launch 4g....too bad sprint has already done it and have equipment (aircard...ya i know its not much but its a start compared to any other network) that opperates on it. sprint will be the first w nation wide 4g coverage. I know we are talkin months to a couple years till its normal like 3g...but hey keep dreaming about how nice verizons coverage will be in 5 years compared to the 2 years sprint is out while paying more for it when you guys finally do get it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast