1.    #1  
    Here's my problem. I got my Treo Pro about 3 months ago. I'd be interested in the Pre but don't want to change my plan or loose my current discounts.

-I currently have the Fair & Flexible Family 550 with Sprint Data Plus Pack (unlimited data). Does anyone know if this will work with the Pre or do I HAVE to get the simply everything plan?

-The other alternative is I could go with the Everything Data with 450 minutes for $70. Could I add a non-data line for my wife without converting it to the Everything Data Family? 450 minutes a month is sufficent for my wife and I.

Bottomline is, I like the Pre but not really enough to pay any more than I'm paying now.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Search is your friend....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Search may not be that helpful.

I've had two different reps tell me I'm okay for the Pre after I explicitly told them I wasn't. They said that because I had unlimited data and messaging, I was golden.

These were higher level reps, not the scripted CSRs in India.

I'm waiting until I can buy the Pre and fully expect to pay for Everything Data, but there seems to be quite a bit of internal confusion at Sprint on this matter.

-edit to add: These are, though, the same reps who deny I have a SERO plan due to the fact it says "Fair and Flexible 500" on my account instead of "SERO 500", thus preventing me from upgrading to the everything referral plus program. I ask how it is possible to have such a cheap account if it isn't SERO and they can't answer that. They even applied my company's discount to my line today (found out I had one).
    I had a "Power Pack" plan and they forced me to upgrade to an Everything plan. Good luck keeping your F&F plan.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
    Here's my problem. I got my Treo Pro about 3 months ago. I'd be interested in the Pre but don't want to change my plan or loose my current discounts.

-I currently have the Fair & Flexible Family 550 with Sprint Data Plus Pack (unlimited data). Does anyone know if this will work with the Pre or do I HAVE to get the simply everything plan?

-The other alternative is I could go with the Everything Data with 450 minutes for $70. Could I add a non-data line for my wife without converting it to the Everything Data Family? 450 minutes a month is sufficent for my wife and I.

Bottomline is, I like the Pre but not really enough to pay any more than I'm paying now.

Since we've all known that the Pre is coming maybe you should have held off on buying the Pro?
  6.    #6  
    No, my 800W broke in March and Pre's release date wasn't confirmed. I think I'll wait until the Pre's out and ask/negotiate with the Sprint Rep.

(No to mention Sprint gave me $200 in goodwill credit + $100 rebate means the Pro is pretty much free. )