Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those that are worried about Sprint service being poor in the HOME....

Check out an Airave....Sprint Retentions (Account Service) gives them away for free without charging monthly fee..

Great box covers my whole house.

sprint.com/airave

Just tell retentions that your service @ home is poor and but you want to remain with Sprint...They'll throw one at you, before you can finish your statement.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    Just tell retentions that your service @ home is poor and but you want to remain with Sprint...They'll throw one at you, before you can finish your statement.
    The big question is do they waive the monthly charge for using this, ... what is it $4.99 per month?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    The big question is do they waive the monthly charge for using this, ... what is it $4.99 per month?
    I dont pay anything per month....Free airave and service.
    ya me too I called them a few days ago for something else and they offered me a free airbox and free service and I didn't even ask for it
    I'd be more impressed if people didn't need extra hardware to actually use the service in their homes.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Im going to definitely check this out...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I'd be more impressed if people didn't need extra hardware to actually use the service in their homes.
    Verizon offers a similar system. Some people live in the boonies or in concrete bunkers.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I talked with Retention earlier today about the $150 "upgrade allowance" (or the lack thereof if I purchased a Pre) and the Airave. I'm a Premier customer; my contract expired last January.

The coverage at my home is marginal, and I knew about the Airave, but I had to ask before the rep offered any price reduction, and while they offered to waive the purchase price and the monthly fee, I would be required to sign a new two-year agreement.

If not for the agreement requirement, I would have accepted the Airave in the hope that my coverage would improve, and I would remain a Sprint customer. As things stand, however, I am considering my options with other carriers.
    You can also run a wilson antenna to improve service if you don't mind spending a little extra money and skip the commitment.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I too called in last week about another issue (prepping for the Pre) and was offered the Airave and monthly fees gratis. It should arrive today.
    well I don't really need the service my reception is great but they gave it to me for free so what the heck
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I also was given an Airave free, but was told I'd have to pay the monthly fee. This was 8 months ago, and though the fee shows up on the bill it's also taken out on the bill, so that's nice. I will say that it's only for voice calls on the "other" (sorry, can't think of the non 3G network name) network, not an ev-do rev. a and won't do data. But, it's been a great help with my phone calls.
    Keep in mind that data is 1xRTT only, no EVDO.

Works great though. I have the $20 plan for unlimited calling. I put 1500 minutes a month on it.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    For those that are worried about Sprint service being poor in the HOME....

Check out an Airave....Sprint Retentions (Account Service) gives them away for free without charging monthly fee..

Great box covers my whole house.

sprint.com/airave

YAY, official fail..

Airave post in a Pre section. *thumbs down*
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Keep in mind that data is 1xRTT only, no EVDO.

Works great though. I have the $20 plan for unlimited calling. I put 1500 minutes a month on it.
    Presumably you also have wifi at home, so who cares about EV-DO?
    If you have wifi, will the pre make voices calls over it?? I asked the guys at my local Sprint store and they had no clue. If I can do data AND voice over my wifi, I wouldn't need an airave.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Presumably you also have wifi at home, so who cares about EV-DO?
    I guess you could presume that, but it is not required. Wifi also uses a hell of a lot more power so you better be ready to plug in your phone to a/c. Don't forget to turn it off when you leave either.

The fact that airave doesn't currently support EVDO is worth mentioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by decaren View Post
    If you have wifi, will the pre make voices calls over it?? I asked the guys at my local Sprint store and they had no clue. If I can do data AND voice over my wifi, I wouldn't need an airave.
    Possibly with some type of SIP client that may become available in the future.

In regards to Sprint/ Airave functionality today; no.
  19. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with cust srvc. I should have mine by this wednesday. No fee at all for the unit or monthly fee! The thing is i actually need it. I was getting toooo many missed calls in my house. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 06/01/2009 at 08:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Just got off the phone with cust srvc. I should have mine by this wednesday. No fee at all for the unit or monthly fee! The thing is i actually need it. I was getting toooo many missed calls in my house.
    Did Sprint require that you sign a new 2-year agreement?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast