1.    #1  
    Here's my situation.

I'm on a family plan with 3 numbers. My number specifically is not eligible for a 2 year upgrade meaning I don't think I can get out of Verizon without paying a hefty free.

However, another family member's number has been past 2 years and is eligible.

Is it possible for me to switch to Sprint using my number, but using the status of another number in the plan?

For example, could I switch the 2 numbers, and then use mines to port over to Sprint and cancel 1 VZW line?
    Not likely that can happen as the minute you port your number it will trigger an ETF with VZW. The number is stuck with the line which means you can't separate the line and the number. They are one.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Sprint cant switch within Verizon.

So I suggest first switching account and phone numbers within Verizon first - either call in or at a store.

Then port the number you want to Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Here's my situation.

I'm on a family plan with 3 numbers. My number specifically is not eligible for a 2 year upgrade meaning I don't think I can get out of Verizon without paying a hefty free.

However, another family member's number has been past 2 years and is eligible.

Is it possible for me to switch to Sprint using my number, but using the status of another number in the plan?

For example, could I switch the 2 numbers, and then use mines to port over to Sprint and cancel 1 VZW line?
  4.    #4  
    Ok thanks guys. Both of you make sense, and I'll try to see if VZW can switch the numbers internally.