Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ...that the Pre is only going to be Sprint exclusive for six months. After Verizon and AT&T get it, Sprint is going to have to relax or even eliminate their "Everything" plan restriction.

Add to that Palm announced the SDK won't be fully released for a few months.

So if you "upgrade" to EPRP or a regular "Everything" plan, you'll be giving up your SERO plan permanently for what amounts to a 3-month window of enjoyment.
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Can you get an Instinct on a SERO plan today? NO. If you wait, you will never get a Pre. Verizon and AT&T will have similar restrictions.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Wow... thanks for the wonderful insight.... It's Dan right?? Or should I call you Mr. Hesse?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    You seem to be forgetting Sprint could extended the deal with Palm if the money is right. Att has done so with the iphone and are looking to do so again.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    When the Everything plans sprint is offering are cheaper than comparable plans on other carriers I dont think sprint will have to relax anything. Its also unknown if and when the Pre actually will be available on other carriers. Interesting thought though.
    It's been all this time with the Instinct, and it's certainly not unique to Sprint, and they haven't removed the plan requirements for it. Why would they with the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
    ...that the Pre is only going to be Sprint exclusive for six months. After Verizon and AT&T get it, Sprint is going to have to relax or even eliminate their "Everything" plan restriction.
    All due respect, you haven't explained why this would be the case. I am unconvinced, as Sprint is trying to make money instead of losing it.

Add to that Palm announced the SDK won't be fully released for a few months.

So if you "upgrade" to EPRP or a regular "Everything" plan, you'll be giving up your SERO plan permanently for what amounts to a 3-month window of enjoyment.
    Even if your earlier, unsubstantiated statement is true, how does that amount to a 3-month window of enjoyment instead of a 6-month minimum, window of enjoyment, since there are no reports* of a less than 6-month exclusivity deal?

* - that I'm aware of
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Yeah and when ATT and Verizon add the same restrictions, then what?

Verizon will most likely cripple it as well
    Sprint isn't going to get rid of the everything plan restriction.
    Almost a year after the Instinct and still can't use it on anything but an Everything plan...doubt the pre will ever be available on SERO. Give it up
    SERO is a great plan if you only need individual plan. for multiple users in the family. EPRP is really not that bad.
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Even if your earlier, unsubstantiated statement is true, how does that amount to a 3-month window of enjoyment instead of a 6-month minimum, window of enjoyment, since there are no reports* of a less than 6-month exclusivity deal?

* - that I'm aware of
    The Pre isn't going to be a "great" device until the third-party apps start coming out in droves. The SDK isn't becoming publicly available for a few more months. That gives you about a two or three month window of the Pre being worthwhile and exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead
    It's been all this time with the Instinct, and it's certainly not unique to Sprint, and they haven't removed the plan requirements for it. Why would they with the Pre?
    There's another US carrier with the Instinct? Who might that be?
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    Almost a year after the Instinct and still can't use it on anything but an Everything plan...doubt the pre will ever be available on SERO. Give it up
    Give what up? I'm not trying to get the Pre on SERO. If (or when) it becomes available with SERO, I'm still not getting one. I'm just trying to help put some perspective on things so others don't make hasty decisions.
    Give what up? I'm not trying to get the Pre on SERO. If (or when) it becomes available with SERO, I'm still not getting one. I'm just trying to help put some perspective on things so others don't make hasty decisions.
    I think your forgetting something...

Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    You seem to be forgetting Sprint could extended the deal with Palm if the money is right. Att has done so with the iphone and are looking to do so again.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    I think your forgetting something...
    I won't deny that's a possibility. However I don't think Sprint has enough money to offer Palm. Sprint would basically have to give Palm enough perks to make up for lost revenue from AT&T and Verizon (both of which are bigger than Sprint).
    I am a sero user that switched for the Pre.

Please explain to me why I won't enjoy the phone once it's out on other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Sprint isn't going to get rid of the everything plan restriction.
    And they don't need to. Their Everything Plans™ are still better deals than the other carriers offer.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I am a sero user that switched for the Pre.

Please explain to me why I won't enjoy the phone once it's out on other carriers.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the phone for quite some time. I'm just saying that the Everything requirement probably won't last forever, but giving up SERO does last forever.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    And they don't need to. Their Everything Plans™ are still better deals than the other carriers offer.
    If that's true, why don't they require an Everything plan for ALL of their phones?

Every Sprint phone that requires an Everything plan is a Sprint exclusive. They are leveraging the exclusivity of the phone to increase their monthly revenue.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    << edited by berd - Please don't call people names >> cant afford a real plan
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/29/2009 at 08:57 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast