Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I have had Verizon, At&T and T Mobile... but never Sprint. honestly I have stayed away from them because I heard nothing but bad things, but after having T Mobile, i dont think anything can be worst. And I have heard that sprint has actually gotten good after merging with nextel. I have a iPhone right now with At&T and I have never gotten so many dropped calls, but the 3G is great. And its the opposite with Verizon, great service.. not so great otherwise.

BUt for those who have it, is the service/ 3G as good as at&t and verizon? I live in Atlanta, and I REALLY want the pre but im worried that Sprint will suck.

any help would be great, thanks guys
  2. faz
    seriously their DATA is the BEST
    Sprint's customer service used to suck big time, but they have made great strides in that area. As for the network, I have been on Sprint since easily the mid 90's, and it has consistently worked well for me most anywhere I've traveled.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    So I have had Verizon, At&T and T Mobile... but never Sprint. honestly I have stayed away from them because I heard nothing but bad things, but after having T Mobile, i dont think anything can be worst. And I have heard that sprint has actually gotten good after merging with nextel. I have a iPhone right now with At&T and I have never gotten so many dropped calls, but the 3G is great. And its the opposite with Verizon, great service.. not so great otherwise.

BUt for those who have it, is the service/ 3G as good as at&t and verizon? I live in Atlanta, and I REALLY want the pre but im worried that Sprint will suck.

any help would be great, thanks guys
    Where do you live?

Thats all it really depends on...but know that they also roam onto verizon's network as well.

I live in NYC and their 3G (which i've had for over 3 years now) is superb.
  5. DDD
    As stated earlier, depending on where you live; YMMV.

I've had At&t, Sprint and Verizon. Sprint has been my overall best service. I have a iPhone as well as a Mogul, and my 3g is TERRIBLE with the iPhone.
    Also Known as 3_D
    Everything is relative to where you are located, but from a national perspective, Sprint's network is excellent. And from a 3G data network perspective, I consider it the best 3G network in place today, based on a combination of coverage, throughput, and latency. In terms of AT&T, it's well known that their 3G network is the least mature, given they were last of the big 3 to roll one out (and still experiencing serious growing pains).

The previous negative comments about Sprint have centered not on their network, but more so on their customer service. Now, with that being said, consider how often you use customer service vs. the network. In my many years of cell phone use with Verizon, AT&T and Sprint, I've called customer service perhaps once every year or two, and I use the network every day.

Lastly, Sprint has made great strides in their customer service over the last few months. So jump in - the water is fine.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Service is great. I get service where ATT and Tmo never get it like in certain hospital areas and basements of buildings. I never have dropped calls and the customer service is fine and def not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Every carrier's service varies in quality by location. You get 30 days to try it out.
    Location can make a difference as others have said. As for my experience - no complaints at all. In Arizona, Utah and Oregon service has been seemless and data speeds terrific since 3G was released.
    Data is the best. Easily.
    What you get for what you pay is the best in most cases.
    Customer service sucks but if you have to call it very often you're in a small minority.
    Call quality is superb. Way better than T-mobile and at least as good as verizon.
    Coverage is roughly the same as verizon.
    Verizon has the best phone service in my area. Sprint has the best data. Combine that with the fact Sprint has a roaming agreement to use Verizon's network makes it hard to beat.

Although just today I was at a friend's house watching the NBA Playoffs and my data sucked from his living room but there are always other factors.

Best bet is to ask people in your area what they think.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I have the same question, especially with today's insinuations by ATT and Verizon that they'll be getting the Pre before long.

Does anyone know of a way to actually, physically test coverage in an area? I've been w/ATT for a very long time (since Cingular/SBC) but was ready to make the move for the Pre, in spite of caution from others that Sprint is not too great in central Arkansas. I assumed Sprint has made improvements to the coverage in my area in the last several years. I would hate to go to the trouble and expense of changing to Sprint, even with the 30 day trial, then find out it was pokey and drops calls. If those news items today were contrived, they did the trick, as I am second guessing my move to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Take advantage of the 30 day trial that Sprint offers. That will be the only way to tell. I have had Sprint for over 10 years, and it's been awesome.
  14.    #14  
    sry guys, I live in Atlanta, GA
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I live in Atlanta, I moved from Sprint and the BB Curve to ATT and the iPhone 3G....I'm moving back to Sprint for the Pre and Sprints network. With ATT I drop calls way more more than I did with Sprint. Lots of issues with data connections with ATT, overall just not what I expected when I went away from Sprint.

I paused for half a second when I heard Pre on ATT, but it's just not worth staying on ATT's network in ATL. It all boils down to where you use your phone and if it works where you use it. For me, ATT just doesn't work as well as it should and Sprint did, hopefully still does.
  16.    #16  
    I feel a little better hearing that Sprint can go over to Verizon's network lol
    Sprint's network has always been great, it's the customer service that was lacking (big time!). The past two years have seen some fantastic improvements though. You still have issues from time to time, but no more than with AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    My wife used Verizon, now AT&T. My friend has been with AT&T for a long time. My company uses T-Mobile with BB. I personally has been with Sprint for over 10 years.

For calls, Verizon had the best coverage. T-Mobile and AT&T are the worst, especially around our house. I had dropped calls on T-Mobiles, AT&T never dropped a call, but the voice quality is horrible. Sprint was not so good a few years ago, but now it is pretty good. As good as when my wife left Verizon.

For data, Sprint is the best. I have been tempted to switch to other carriers for new better phones, but as soon as I look at their data plan, I can see at least $15 more for the same service I get from Sprint.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    the data performance is generally v ery dependable and fast...I talk to my adopted daughter 2000 miles away very frequently and often for long periods ...she is with T mobile I am on Sprint....and voice quality is usually quite good!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast