Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    That is not accurate. It shows strong signal at my house and I have to go on roaming or else the calls are dropped.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That is not accurate. It shows strong signal at my house and I have to go on roaming or else the calls are dropped.
    How can you force roam? I'm having a huge problem of calls being dropped in my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That sucks! The map is accurate for me. I guess it helps that I live in the UO neighborhood...blanket cell service for us yapping college kids!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I live in Utah. I have had all of the carriers and Sprint is the best for me. I get coverage in the mountains where my family members with verizon and att have none. I was sitting on a lake in my dads boat and was streaming sirius from my treo and it was flawless, while no one else had coverage. After that my parents decided to switch from "Brainwash wireless" (a.k.a. Verizon) to sprint. They had been verizon customers since it was Airtouch. They are as happy as can be with sprint. Don't believe the negativity. People are sheep and will follow the majority without asking why or looking for a better way.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hey chessh2036, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. The service varies on your location (which you can check here: Sprint - Nationwide Coverage) But, according to an unbiased test from Gizmodo, Sprint has proven to be the best 3G network in the various large cities that used in their test, you can read more about it here: Gizmodo - The Definitive Coast-to-Coast 3G Data Test - 3G
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I'm a Sprint Premier customer for a reason. I hate telephone companies -- had a Verizon landline in VA, an AT&T landline in TX -- but Sprint has been nothing but a pleasure for me.

Years ago I was traveling and using my limited-minutes phone more than usual. I called Sprint to find out how close I was to going over minutes. I had like 90 minutes left for the month. Out of the blue the rep offered to add several hundred minutes (I've forgotten the exact number) to carry me through the month. I was pleasantly surpised and accepted -- no such thought was on my mind. I went way over and didn't pay extra for it.

Once I bought their wireless data card for my Mac. I also bought a router that would make it work with the Mac. The router worked fine, but the data line was so low bandwidth in my area that the card was useless. I was supposed to have a month to return it, but people kept suggesting new things to try, and I ended up having it for two months. I gave up at the end of two months, and I received a full refund on absolutely everything -- card, data plan, and router (order online from a sprint reseller).

Walking into sprints stores has always been a pleasure for me. They know what they're doing and can help me fast. Unfortunately, we were usually troubleshooting some problem with a Palm device.

On the other hand, I had AT&T DSL here at my house. It worked with little down time for the first four months, but then it kept going down intermittently but for hours at a time. I'd call them out to help, they'd come out days later, leave without contacting me, and then report that the line was working. Meantime the line went down again. They didn't know what "intermittent" meant. I was without Internet access for a total of 6 weeks over 3 months -- we kept repeating this stupid procedure.

At 50% downtime and no correction in sight, I called them to cancel my account. They insisted on charging me the $200 early cancellation fee -- for service they failed to provide. When I told them I wasn't going to pay it, the rep said that he would put me on the bill collector list as soon as we hung up the call. (However, I did get a supervisor to refund 6 weeks worth of DSL fees though -- far from $200.)

I will NEVER EVER use AT&T for anything EVER again. I have never had such a rude anti-customer experience. I realize that DSL/landline/wireless departments are probably separate, but the experience left me with a strong distaste for the letters AT&T.

(I don't remember my issues with Verizon, when I had their landline. I just remember being happy to get away from them.)

I don't see myself leaving Sprint. I do have one strong motivation to do so, though: my Sprint service varies from zero to 2 bars here at my house, but seems to be at max bars everywhere else in this city. I just can't get myself to leave Sprint.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Forgot to mention that we knew the DSL problem was AT&T's because AT&T had already determined that the problem was rusted loops, just wasn't convinced that they hadn't moved me to ones that hadn't rusted through.
    The best thing you can do is ask around and see who has sprint in your area and ask about coverage (ask co-workers, friends and family). I've had sprint for 3 years and have not had any problems with them, but then again, I've never had to call customer service. My b-in-law called sprint the other day asking about a cheaper plans (he just has talk and text) and they gave him money off on each phone line he had -for one month- and extra minutes and extra texts. He was very happy.
    @jtlapp - I have had SBC/ATT DSL since it came to Austin back in 2001 and have been a happy camper. However, I have tried their wireless service TWICE in the past 6 months and it was horrible. Sprint does really well here (TX) until you get way out in the country.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    On the other hand, I had AT&T DSL here at my house. It worked with little down time for the first four months, but then it kept going down intermittently but for hours at a time. I'd call them out to help, they'd come out days later, leave without contacting me, and then report that the line was working. Meantime the line went down again. They didn't know what "intermittent" meant. I was without Internet access for a total of 6 weeks over 3 months -- we kept repeating this stupid procedure.

At 50% downtime and no correction in sight, I called them to cancel my account. They insisted on charging me the $200 early cancellation fee -- for service they failed to provide. When I told them I wasn't going to pay it, the rep said that he would put me on the bill collector list as soon as we hung up the call. (However, I did get a supervisor to refund 6 weeks worth of DSL fees though -- far from $200.)
    hello jtlapp, someone gave me your post here to contact you and see if I can help with the dsl issues. from what I read you don't have DSL anymore, but still any issues present?

Can you contact me and let me know?

Thanks
    david

P.s. if you guys/gals are having problems hit me up or let me know as well. It's an open invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Sprint 3G is about the speed of dial-up internet in my NYC experience--certainly not the thrillingly fast speeds it claims.
    My treo 700p is not even on sprint g3 network and its ALOT faster then dial-up in sprints normal EVDO network
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Sprint 3G is about the speed of dial-up internet in my NYC experience--certainly not the thrillingly fast speeds it claims.
    Here are recent data card tests of Sprint 3g across NYC...
    Speed Test Statistics - dslreports.com

Range is 600K-2Mbps currently.

Also see EVDOmaps - User Based EVDO Rev A Coverage and Mapping Tool

On PalmOS phones, the Blazer browser is dawg slow, may only show 200Kbps best case, likely much less. In some cases the phone is the bottleneck, not the network. d94 ran some network tests on a Pre and it was able to do up to 1.7Mbps so far.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am also hoping that my Pre will work well in my area..live on a *****ula in Va..almost like an island..Verizon here is the monopoly & there coverage is great..hardly no dropped calls great reception. I switched 2 sprint 2 get my pre..if it doesn't work well I will be purchasing an Airave for my home but if that doesn't work I may hafta return the phone. I really don't want 2 hafta do that. I love Palm I've had the 600,650,700p&755p..I'm praying the pre works well..absolutely love this device..palms best product this far!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Ok that word was supposed to be peninsula. I apparently misspelled it & precentral *fixed* it..lol..sorry for the bad spell
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    live in Atlanta too, great coverage, it starts to slow down once u leave going towards Macon Augusta and Rome but in those cities i get great coverage, also have 3g most of the ways dosnt to fl except very rural areas
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I live in a freakin RURAL area, the boonies, middle-of-no-where. Work makes me travel a lot, it's just that where I live our largest facility in the state resides so...I live in a rural area.

RURAL, like, people here have barely heard of "cell phones". Old geezers sit there and go "We didn't have no VIDEOGAMES when we were kids, we had" now, say this 3x fast "chewdebarkoffdatree!!!".

I benchmark about 1.1-1.2 mbps when I speedtest off my Pre.
    Living in the SF Bay Area, I get excellent coverage/speed. Much better than AT&T's in my recent experience. I get 1.4-2.3Mbps on a speedtest from my Pre usually.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Honestly for me, its not as fast as HSDPA on ATT, but its way more stable. I do however miss the data and voice at the same time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12