Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Seems they will get the Pre in about 6 months.

See here...

Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"

Can't wait.

Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    [i got a iphone 3G and a sorry sprint phone and i was hopeing sprint would keep the pre to its self but no sir so **** sprint and the pre im moving on to the new iphone and im goin to take my money i had for the pre and cut off my sprint line weak *** compony i need the best and sprint just let me down i been with them for six years sprint is not going know where if they can't even keep one phone to them self and att and verizon are doing more for there people and sprint keep bull****ing with us i had my hopes high for sprint with the pre now i here this **** im mad as hell and for there now network is just that rite now and **** you later att and verizon gets it ,more phones is better, sprint just don't care about the people just are money ,now that what they mean about they now network give me your money now and **** you later it should be called give me your money now network and **** you. some body help us out (what do you guys think about this)
    No surprise. Most Treo phones that first hit Sprint went to the other networks about 6 months later if I recall.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I was going to have to wait for the Pre since my funds are low and now I have an incentive. All my friends are on Verizon and I already pay just about a $100 a month for unlimited data. Hopefully in 6 months a Pre like device does come out....
    Verizon won't be getting the Pre in the next 6 months.

Sprint: Pre on Verizon in six months? Nope. : Boy Genius Report

Sorry Verizon customers, but it looks like you may not have any Pre in your stocking this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Verizon won't be getting the Pre in the next 6 months.

Sprint: Pre on Verizon in six months? Nope. : Boy Genius Report

Sorry Verizon customers, but it looks like you may not have any Pre in your stocking this year.
    That's wrong. The exclusive ends in 2009. And unless Sprint is willing to pay A LOT OF MONEY, more than they have, there is no way that Palm should agree to extend it. Palm would be crazy to.
    How is that wrong? End of 2009 is over 6 months away. 6 months from Sprint Pre launch is 12/6/2009. So if a Verizon Pre launched in 6 months it would be out in time for people to buy as Christmas gifts.

The people who know the details of the agreement have confirmed Lowell McAdam’s statement was wrong.
    "Over the next six months or so you will see devices like Palm Pre and a second generation Storm."

I tend to side with he probably meant a Pre like device and not the Pre itself....
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Grinch View Post
    "Over the next six months or so you will see devices like Palm Pre and a second generation Storm."

I tend to side with he probably meant a Pre like device and not the Pre itself....
    I can't say I or the OP (or most of the tech community) took it that way.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Well, it seems that VZW is back, and getting the Pre come January, according to Brighthand Verizon Will Get the Palm Pre in January.

I did not read the WSJ article, however. Just reporting.
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    Well, it seems that VZW is back, and getting the Pre come January, according to Brighthand Verizon Will Get the Palm Pre in January.

I did not read the WSJ article, however. Just reporting.
    by then it'll be too late and there would be something else to brag about.

sorry vzw., no one would want your crippled pre anyway. you fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    That's wrong. The exclusive ends in 2009. And unless Sprint is willing to pay A LOT OF MONEY, more than they have, there is no way that Palm should agree to extend it. Palm would be crazy to.
    And you KNOW that exclusive ends this year how? Are you an employee of Palm or Sprint who has seen the contract? Both companies have been very careful not to be explicit about this, so I don't think you know $hit.

No where has Verizon claimed they are getting the Pre. The word "like" potentially changes the meaning drastically. Perhaps it was just a slip, but no one here really knows for sure.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Dosen't Verizon cripple all their phones? I know they won't let you have wifi or any free navigation. I know they have a good network,but why do people stay with them if their phones are crippled? Not to mention they charge way to much.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I know why I stay -- Never had a problem with service.

For me, "It's the Network."

And, I've never had a problem with a crippled phone, although I've only used treo's as smartphones through VZW. I can't speak for everything else.
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    And you KNOW that exclusive ends this year how? Are you an employee of Palm or Sprint who has seen the contract? Both companies have been very careful not to be explicit about this, so I don't think you know $hit.

No where has Verizon claimed they are getting the Pre. The word "like" potentially changes the meaning drastically. Perhaps it was just a slip, but no one here really knows for sure.
    I know folks at Palm. But hey, don't believe me. I said the exclusive was 6 months before AT&T and VZ daid anything at all. I have been consistent here.

But you can disregard the WSJ article and the CEO of AT&T and VZ Wireless too - just wait until january and you'll see who's right. No need to argue about it.
    you guys are way to rediculous. k sprint has exclusive rights for now, and ya verizon will prob pick up the pre shortly (as in the next year prob on the closer side of around january).

Palm would be letting an opportunity to get off the rocks slip by if they didnt allow it to go to another cdma carrier, it would over double the customer base availability to allow verizon to carry it. all palm is tryin to do is get established again and by limiting their customer base to 6 million istead of 14 million ( 6ish million from sprint and 8ish million from verizon) would be stupid.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gray23black View Post
    [i got a iphone 3G and a sorry sprint phone and i was hopeing sprint would keep the pre to its self but no sir so **** sprint and the pre im moving on to the new iphone and im goin to take my money i had for the pre and cut off my sprint line weak *** compony i need the best and sprint just let me down i been with them for six years... ...**** you later it should be called give me your money now network and **** you. some body help us out (what do you guys think about this)
    Sounds kinda like a troll. First post and bashing Sprint, what a surprise. Good luck getting decent 3G coverage with AT&T and paying more per month. You're a winner!