Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm thinking you mods need a macro for that, I'm sure it'd make your life easier...
    Dieter has put the call out for another mod.

Pm him if you're interested.
    Just call me Berd.

I've been a sprint customer since back in 1995, and way before sprint had even contracts when you activated your phone at radio shack, way before the logo was a pin that sprint had a guy in a black suit and jacket saying that sprint so clear you can hear a pin drop.

to all of the folks mad that your sero plan cannot work no more, it does'nt matter what cell phone company you go to, there are going to be changes each cell phone company can make changes to their plans they offer customers. I have read and heard different people from different electronic companies tell cell phone executives on how to make the perfect cell phone and everyone tells about how to make the device work according to their preferences.

let me make this clear I am not hating on the people but let's be real cell phones are not computers at home, they are cell phones. people hear me, unless you have the technology to make a cell phone like a computer then put your bid in for employment and make it.

Look, the plan (sero) that you are on is a good plan, but ask yourself this are you really gonna get a good deal wit say att or t mobile. lets look at this just for a minute. att, who used to be by themselves merged with cingular, formerly, pac bell an Asian based company, well looked at and respected but has a high price plan because folks from overseas that has major corporations can afford the bill.

att is a great phone company but really, who you know in this world travels overseas a lot, that's why att can say they have the best coverage because they need the it's for people who travel but not everyone travels. be real they may have good signal but they are not perfect and they are high. think for one second folks do you think you are really getting a good deal for their plans. they have more fees than any one around no matter what they say. I have friends who have the iphone when it needed repair they had to send it out to have it repaired, att did not have a repair person on site. he spent $150.00 to have it fixed, and he could not have insurance on it. I believe he told me he has insurance now but when he needed it he couldn't get it.

now t mobile, whats so big about them, the customer service stays open late like burger king, that's not gonna make you better, they have good prices but they won't go higher on their plans if you look at the plans the highest is a little over 3000 mins but i haven't seen them go unlimited if they do have unlimited everything and i do mean everything let me know. they do a lot of gsm as well, but for them being a small company you would thing to do 3g or faster, heck cricket is so small they are the size of a bug, but they have 3g. t mobile recieved a few jd power and associate rewards but still fall short for good devices.

they are getting some newer ones but nothing eye catching the only thing working for them is that their cards can go into an unlocked i phone, on the real that's not real big. let's look at Verizon. okay they have more cell sites that's why they can call themselves America's most reliable but on the real ask Verizon this do they have a really great plan that they can offer their clients with everything at a real low price and the devices they have are great.

sprint has had alot of problems in the past as well and has lost a lot of people because of the customer service. i must say that at least they try to better themselves i have to say but they are no perfect angel either. people be real with yourself these cell phone companies try to out do each other all the time trying to make a cell phone like a small computer some are but some are not.

the point i am making is this, if you continued to read this, we see new toys and want them so that we can play with the old ones but the new toys only work with other new toys. on the real the sero plan that all of you have is like an old toy if you get a new toy, when you try to play with the old toy you find out it doesn't work well with the new don't be mad at the new toy get newer toys then put them together, they'll work.

your sero plan is a good plan but i know you can get a plan that is just as affordable or even better than what you have. don't get mad just because the company, who has the right to do so, make a change. This is real talk people don't be spoiled, just because a company makes a change that you don't like, even though you can get a good deal like everyone else, you are gonna be alright and you can get a good deal. i f you got it the first time then you can get it again.

you might be mad at what i say but this is real talk. i have had major problems with sprint in the past, but I have had problems with Verizon, t mobile and att. all of these companies have hidden fees all have problems and all make changes when something new comes into play. my whole thing is that since you all have the drive and desire to complain use that same drive and desire to get get a good deal like you did before.
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Wow, you guys are real a$$ holes, you know that?

THE POINT I was trying to make here is that in a way - sprint is screwing over their best costumers - the SERO crowd. And that would be BAD for THEM in the long run. THAT'S what I was trying to say.

Sprint is NOT losing money and in 3 years time EVERY phone company in the united states will only have 1 plan -> $49 unlimited everything. Just like ISP's - it's only a matter of time until competition brings this end result.

A client on Sero that talkes for 1500 minutes a month and sends 3000 text messages costs sprint E X A C T L Y the same as a client that talks 5 minutes a month and doesn't send any texts.

So what would be smarter and more business savvy? to lose me as a client for good? or to keep me on my Sero plan, sell me the phone for $550 and have me tell everyone I talk to that Sprint is awesome and I love my pre.
    Are you kidding? I love sprint, and I'm on SERO but I don't see why that makes me one of their best customers over another happy regular paying customer. I wanted the pre but I'm not going to switch my plan so I will move on to another phone. Life is not always fair. I'm grateful for the savings I have been able to enjoy over the years and hope I will continue to be able to do so. If the only reason why you are currently with Sprint is SERO, you might as well leave in spite and then tell everyone how you left because you couldn't get the phone you wanted with your discounted plan.... no better way to show them than with you $$$!

oh...Sprint also lost $550 million dollars 1Q 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Wow, you guys are real a$$ holes, you know that?

THE POINT I was trying to make here is that in a way - sprint is screwing over their best costumers - the SERO crowd. And that would be BAD for THEM in the long run. THAT'S what I was trying to say.

Sprint is NOT losing money and in 3 years time EVERY phone company in the united states will only have 1 plan -> $49 unlimited everything. Just like ISP's - it's only a matter of time until competition brings this end result.

A client on Sero that talkes for 1500 minutes a month and sends 3000 text messages costs sprint E X A C T L Y the same as a client that talks 5 minutes a month and doesn't send any texts.

So what would be smarter and more business savvy? to lose me as a client for good? or to keep me on my Sero plan, sell me the phone for $550 and have me tell everyone I talk to that Sprint is awesome and I love my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    SERO subscribers are not Sprint's "best" customers in any meaningful sense. They're Sprint's cheapest, least profitable customers.

Sprint has an even more business savvy option: keep you as a client, since you're not going to cancel your SERO plan (and they know it, if you won't acknowledge it), or entice you into a plan that's more profitable to them. The Pre will gain at least 2 new Everything subscribers for every SERO customer who follows through with a threat to leave (already unlikely), so Sprint still has a net gain. Even 1 incoming Everything subscriber offsets 2 outgoing SERO subscribers! Extending the Pre's limited inventory to SERO subscribers would be a huge opportunity cost. Why sell a scarce phone to someone paying $30 a month when they could easily sell it a new customer willing to pay $70-100 a month, aside from being good karma?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12