Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Can someone tell me what Nixing is?
    He was the President of the U.S. who had to resign back in the 70's. ;-)
    as a reminder to the OP - well everyone i guess - Sprints everything plans are still limited 5gb data on sprint
    300mb data off network aka : data roaming

the -50% thing is true..but only for phone min not data...

of course those are the "rules" yet sprint may or may not enforce those..some go over all the time with no peep from sprint..and others that use lots of data/roaming have got canned as 3 months is usually the "cut off" of abusing excessive data...
    I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money.

Modded Sprint Pre: 3" pulley s/c, i/c, 1.6 rockers, xp cam, slp headers, 3in exhaust, res/cat delete... oh wait wrong forum... ummm pre has lots of mc patches and a xtra mhz, ghtz, and chigglehertz
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i livr in upstate ny and i roam all the time at home l no i prob use more roaming miniutes than sprint minutes and my bill has never reflected anything out of the ordinary. i have been with sprint almost 4 years now
    Why not get an Airave for home?
    I personally believe that quality of roaming depends on the market. On some markets you can Roam on Verizon with 1x speed, on some 2x (but now very rare) and on some there is no data roaming at all (Verizon changed codes, so no data, especially on the new towers).
    I roam every time I am at home. I don't get a Sprint signal there, so I force roaming with the help of the 'device menu megamix' patch. When I switch to roam on Verizon's network, it works great with the Pre. I very rarely drop the call and the caller on the other end can't hear in any way that I'm not using Sprint's network.
    I have the 450 minute plan though, so I must be at off-peak hours so the roaming phone call doens't take away minutes. However, if it's off-peak, I am not deducted minutes from my 450.
    Like I said, the patch is a must to help you switch to roaming and stay on that setting. You also asked about data while roaming. Well, it won't be faster than 1x, but it still is something. I try not to use data while roaming because it is very slow, but if I need to, I know it is available to me and with a little patience, I will get the info I need.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    mobile to mobile calls never use any min. On. Anyones phone if you have unlimited 450 plan. Remember any mobile any time = no charge.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    remember this also we sprint users roam mostly on verizons network so roaming with good signal = fast data . I roam on verizon data 3g at times and it's usually fast as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    mobile to mobile calls never use any min. On. Anyones phone if you have unlimited 450 plan. Remember any mobile any time = no charge.
    Mobile to mobile roaming WILL take away your minutes. FYI. Were you saying that it won't? I called Sprint and verified this many times with them.
    unlimited plan includes roaming check it out online at sprint any mobile anytime is just that !

if you go into the sprint app and go to your account info under the category tab and look at account info it says america roaming included

the only time min. are used is when you call land lines .

and if your roaming at home ask for an airave for free. sprint is giving them away to people without service in their homes.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/01/2010 at 08:59 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    unlimited plan includes roaming check it out online at sprint any mobile anytime is just that !
    Yes it is no charge for roaming, but it will deduct minutes from your peak minutes if you are roaming during peak hours. If you are roaming during off peak hours, you can roam as much as you want and you will not lose minutes or get charged.
    that's not the truth . I'm telling you I do this alot and have never used any min. from my plan. The only time you ever use up your min. is when you call land lines . Call and ask specifically these questions and you will get the truth lol. We've been over this time and again since the any mobile any time started.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    and yes if you abused any feature they will charge you . Same goes for data.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Yes it is no charge for roaming, but it will deduct minutes from your peak minutes if you are roaming during peak hours. If you are roaming during off peak hours, you can roam as much as you want and you will not lose minutes or get charged.
    Sprint tracks all phone calls and all minutes used. They are categorized for:
    Nights and Weekends (F 7pm - M 7am)
    Mobile-to-Mobile
    Anytime (M-F, 7-7)

All of these minutes are tracked and reported but only the Peak Usage is subtracted from your minute plan. This is regardless of roaming.

Please note - these comments only apply to "everything" plans with limited anytime minutes. Also, only includes "roaming" in the US.
    Dan
    that's not the truth . I'm telling you I do this alot and have never used any min. from my plan. The only time you ever use up your min. is when you call land lines . Call and ask specifically these questions and you will get the truth lol. We've been over this time and again since the any mobile any time started.
    If you are right, I will be so happy and mad at Sprint! I did a lot of research on this topic, but I will do some more now that you are telling me this with such confidence. I'm gonna call sprint at lunch time.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You're right but some people can't seem to get their hands around this. On Sprint, when in the US, the only "charged" minutes are (M-F, 7-7, to landlines) or if you initiate a call of any kind with a destination outside the US.
    Dan
    I just did a search and came up with this:

Q: What does Mobile-to-Mobile include?
    A:
    If you purchase the Mobile-to-Mobile option, you can both call and receive calls from other all Sprint PCS and all other Nextel subscribers while you are on either the Sprint PCS Nationwide or Nextel National networks without using your plan's anytime minutes.

I will do some more searching, but I just wanted to post this for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I just did a search and came up with this:

Q: What does Mobile-to-Mobile include?
    A:
    If you purchase the Mobile-to-Mobile option, you can both call and receive calls from other all Sprint PCS and all other Nextel subscribers while you are on either the Sprint PCS Nationwide or Nextel National networks without using your plan's anytime minutes.

I will do some more searching, but I just wanted to post this for now.
    now search " any mobile any time " which is free to any unlimited plans and see what you get.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    now search " any mobile any time " which is free to any unlimited plans and see what you get.
    OK.
    Sorry poppy, but here you go. I got this from here http:// cellphones.about.com/od/sprintserviceplans/a/sprintanymobileanytime.htm

The key with Sprint Any Mobile, Anytime is that the unlimited minutes (outgoing and incoming) must be used to and from other cell phones and while on the Sprint network, which means not while roaming and not while calling landlines. In other words, the only way you can now use a single anytime minute from the $69.99 or $89.99 plan is if youre calling a landline or roaming.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Come on bud, you need to review on the sprint website. Please see the attached screenshot from one of my phones. Then search Sprint's website for any mobile any time. Please note the part with the RED box around it.

You really need to research off your Sprint account information not some fly-by-night website
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast