Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've read online that many have not had any issues with Sprint service here in Houston, TX. However, everyone I've asked personally here says that Sprint service is horrible in Houston. The guy at Best Buy I asked yesterday said that Sprint service was absolutely terrible here.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?
    I've had plenty of EVDO goodness from The Woodlands to the Medical Center.

That's about the stretch I stay in. No issues, except after the hurricane. Had horrible service as most of the towers were out (obviously).
    I live in the Houston area and have had sprint for the last ten year. I have no problem with sprint. It's been a great service for us.
    I live in NW Houston and haven't had any problems with Sprint. The service works just fine for me.
    Absolute horse radish. Lived in Houston for 6yrs all over (Southwest - Alief, Sharpstown, Bellaire, West Holcombe, Westchase, Galleria, Pasadena and beyond) and service was (is) stellar. Hwy 59/I 45/Loop 610/Beltway 8/I 10...and so on. Service is good in H-town. You have 30 days to try it for yourself anyway if you don't take my word for it.

Been with Sprint 10yrs now and can remember the early days ('99) when service was terrible amongst all carriers.
    I am in Houston quite a bit and my business partner lives in Houston. There are spots where service is not so good (just like any carrier), but overall it works better than ATT did for us. You can try it for 30 days and still return the phone if the service does not work for you.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks everybody. I know most people who say Sprint service is not so good usually just either don't have the service, or think that the AT&T service with the iphone is superior. What I've heard from most is that the call quality inside buildings is not the greatest. Any thoughts?
    Sprint really needs to do a better job of marketing their great service.
    Quote Originally Posted by minister View Post
    Thanks everybody. I know most people who say Sprint service is not so good usually just either don't have the service, or think that the AT&T service with the iphone is superior. What I've heard from most is that the call quality inside buildings is not the greatest. Any thoughts?
    CDMA generally has better better signal indoors compared to GSM.
    What service do you have now? I tried ATT and the iPhone twice in the last year and it sucked just about every where I went in Austin, Dallas & Houston. It would be good for one mile, bad the next. And I can talk on my Sprint line all the way from Houston to Austin. There are about 3-4 distinctive dead spots with ATT and then when you DO get EDGE, it sucks. Again, all of this is my opinion. But CDMA typically trumps GSM in voice call quality and building penetration.
    By "service" perhaps they meant customer service.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I've read online that many have not had any issues with Sprint service here in Houston, TX. However, everyone I've asked personally here says that Sprint service is horrible in Houston. The guy at Best Buy I asked yesterday said that Sprint service was absolutely terrible here.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?
    I travel to Houston & have relatives there w/no one complaining. Actually, one complains, but he has AT&T--says it doesn't work in his house.

Remember, if you are in the middle of nowhere, Sprint gives free roaming if they don't have coverage.

Cheers
    I've never had a problem in any metropolitan area. I only have issues when I get out in the deeper boonies and everyone's signal sucks.