Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Briefly,

I went from CS agent to retentions to retentions manager concerning the required plan for the plan Pre. He told me you can only get the Pre from the Sprint Store locations (possibly Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc didn't ask) so Sprint can show you how to use the phone. Mentioned people had issues with the Instinct during launch so this is Sprint's response.

I have 6 lines with unlimited txt, data, 6 pm nights @ $195.00 after taxes and discounts. This new plan will be about $270. So I'll be paying $75 extra a month to use the GPS.

Great way to reward loyalty Sprint. I will lose everything retentions added over the years. He did say I would keep my 6 pm nights.

He took all the people's email addresses on my plan and is sending an email to each one of them, so they may get the phone on June 5th.
    Last edited by elder_shawn; 05/24/2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: updated
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Check out the new referral plans that anyone with half a brain can obtain.

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...mily-plan.html
    Nobody said you HAVE to buy the PrPrPr&#$275$;...$and$ $Sprint$ $owes$ $you$ $nothing$ $for$ $being$ $a$ $customer$ $that$ $pays$ $his$ $bill$ $on$ $time$. $It$ $really$ $irritates$ $me$ $when$ $people$ $whine$ $about$ $this$ $type$ $of$ $thing$. $If$ $you$'$re$ $truly$ $mad$ $about$ $it$, $take$ $your$ $business$ $elsewhere$. $I$'$m$ $sure$ $you$'$ll$ $be$ $paying$ $waaaay$ $more$ $than$ $$75$ $more$ $a$ $month$ $for$ $a$ $similar$ $plan$ $elsewhere$.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Check out the new referral plans that anyone with half a brain can obtain.

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...mily-plan.html
    I can't afford to lose 6 people's phone #'s and my discount. I think it would still cost me more.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox19 View Post
    Nobody said you HAVE to buy the PrPrPr&#$275$;...$and$ $Sprint$ $owes$ $you$ $nothing$ $for$ $being$ $a$ $customer$ $that$ $pays$ $his$ $bill$ $on$ $time$. $It$ $really$ $irritates$ $me$ $when$ $people$ $whine$ $about$ $this$ $type$ $of$ $thing$. $If$ $you$'$re$ $truly$ $mad$ $about$ $it$, $take$ $your$ $business$ $elsewhere$. $I$'$m$ $sure$ $you$'$ll$ $be$ $paying$ $waaaay$ $more$ $than$ $$75$ $more$ $a$ $month$ $for$ $a$ $similar$ $plan$ $elsewhere$.
    Don't you think that loyal Sprint customers deserve the right to choose any phone available on their carrier without penalty? I was just frustrated I have to change everything just to get a phone and is treated no different than a new customers.
    You can't switch to the referal plans. They are for new lines only. This has been shown in a lot of places unless you know a different way to get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn View Post
    Don't you think that loyal Sprint customers deserve the right to choose any phone available on their carrier without penalty? I was just frustrated I have to change everything just to get a phone and is treated no different than a new customers.
    I guess, I don't see where the penalty is? I realize it sucks that you have to pay more for switching to the phone, but did you really think it was going to last forever? I'm willing to bet their stance will change, once supply can keep up with demand.

The perk I'd like to see, for existing (and in good standing) customers, is that they wave the MIR for us, and only make new customers deal with them.

I also wish they'd get rid of the whole "Premier" thing, because it's pretty much a joke. It's like giving someone a new title in lue of a pay raise....kinda like giving Dwight Shrute two plaques, LOL! (you won't get that if you don't watch The Office)
    Everyone knows you have to switch to simply everything, why would you be special?
    Don't you think that loyal Sprint customers deserve the right to choose any phone available on their carrier without penalty?
    The right? I think you need to re-evaluate how you do business.
  9.    #9  
    I guess, I don't see where the penalty is? I realize it sucks that you have to pay more for switching to the phone, but did you really think it was going to last forever? I'm willing to bet their stance will change, once supply can keep up with demand.

The perk I'd like to see, for existing (and in good standing) customers, is that they wave the MIR for us, and only make new customers deal with them.

I also wish they'd get rid of the whole "Premier" thing, because it's pretty much a joke. It's like giving someone a new title in lue of a pay raise....kinda like giving Dwight Shrute two plaques, LOL! (you won't get that if you don't watch The Office)
    I suppose I feel penalized because the only new service I'm gonna get is GPS and I won't use it. I agree with you on both your other points. I thought there would be some wiggle room with retentions, like there always had been...

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    The right? I think you need to re-evaluate how you do business.
    I agree I should have chosen my words more carefully. Why is everyone so pissed tonight?
    Is Sprint forcing you to upgrade to the Pre and change your plan?

This is a better solution, you get to keep your plan with your current phone or most of the other new phones, if you want the cool phone then you have to pay more. They drew the line in the sand you have the option to take your toys in play in another companies sandbox.

Most won't because even the higher price with Sprint is less than what the other companies charge for the most part.
    I agree I should have chosen my words more carefully. Why is everyone so pissed tonight?
    cuz every1 is on edge and waiting to hear something good or new to hold them over until the release day and they come in hear and see new threads with ppl complaints about this and about that and some of the stuff was already common knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagg Certified View Post
    Everyone knows you have to switch to simply everything, why would you be special?
    You don't have to have a simply everything plan, you can have just an everything plan and use the pre on it. The everything plans are a little bit cheaper just that they have limited amount of anytime minutes.

Stuff like this does not help Sprint in any way. You are right they don't HAVE to do anything but what they said. What this does though is give even more long time subs a bigger impetus reason to say "I'M DONE" and leave in droves.

I was a long time with VZ. I dropped them cold when they wouldn't play ball with a new V60 years ago. This was before they got a clue and did New every 2. I went to Tmo and have been happy for 10 years. If it wasn't for a coverage issue I'd still be with them to the GSM Pre.

Sprint is in no shape to be ticking off it's loyal subs. As much as I detest VZ they are big enough to do this. Thankfully they changed. I wonder if Sprint will smarten up before it's too late.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh, but I'm getting pissed because this whole release is getting to be a mess...and it's frustrating. I wish they'd just release a statement laying out exactly what's going to happen.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh, but I'm getting pissed because this whole release is getting to be a mess...and it's frustrating. I wish they'd just release a statement laying out exactly what's going to happen.
    We are all tired and frustrated at both Sprint and Palm for they way this is going. When they teach how to launch a product. This will be shown as how not to EVER!

Ok back to the happy place.....Nah where's my Pict fork?
    I think its more that, if someone didn't want to pay for the GPS functions or whatever, Sprint has no way of blocking that individual function. It's easier for them to make a prerequisite then to make changes to every phone with a unique plan.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Personally I think much of this could be fixed if it was required that phones be available for outright purchase as they are in Europe. Well, it would help with SIM card phones anyway. I am not familiar enough with activating on Sprint/Verizon to comment. I know that I would love to be able to have better access to unlocked phones outright instead of being forced to use 1 specific carrier to get a phone. Buying the phone with a contract is a package that if anything, should be a benefit to the consumer, not a penalty. A la carte is always a more expensive way to do things.
    In a word "No".

They deserve to get what they pay for.

Do you feel you owe Sprint something since they have been a "loyal provider", giving you the service they agreed to provide each month that you pay your bill?
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    We are all tired and frustrated at both Sprint and Palm for they way this is going. When they teach how to launch a product. This will be shown as how not to EVER!

Ok back to the happy place.....Nah where's my Pict fork?
    Now, we "all" aren't. You don't speak for "all" of us...

Please, express your opinions, leave everyone else to express their own...
    I suppose I feel penalized because the only new service I'm gonna get is GPS and I won't use it. I agree with you on both your other points. I thought there would be some wiggle room with retentions, like there always had been...
    The other new thing you're going to get is the phone that you (appear) to want.

I don't think anyone is really "pissed". Just tired of seeing the same complaint. No one is penalizing anyone. No one is granting a "reward" that hasn't been offered to anyone else. No one is being forced to do anything. All existing contracts and agreements are being honored. Yet some not only want more, but just about demand it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast