Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was surprised to learn, a few days ago in a thread here (can't find the post, I'm sure someone can confirm this) that if you have a SERO plan, the store reps CANNOT change you from SERO to Everything Data -you'd need to call in to telesales.

Needless to say, if this is true, it can upset a great many people unaware of this little detail.

So, if indeed that's the case, when/where are you switching your existing SERO plan?

//edit: how long does it usually take for your change to reflect in their systems? I remember dropping the TEP from my plan recently and the change appeared to be immediate (the confirmation email was sent within the hour).
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I am in the same boat as you... I think I will switch the Monday before the launch.
    i was pondering the same thing. Right now I've got the SERO VOICE ONLY 500 + BIS for my blackberry curve. Since I'm already paying $60 I'll probably try to switch over to the $60 Everything Plus plan in the next couple of days. That way, my blackberry --> pre transition can be as seamless as possible.
    Why cant they change your plan? Mine says Fair and Flexible 500 when I log in to my account but it really is SERO...........Sprint needs to wake up and let people just kep thie rplans and just add a data add on if they want to
    I'm going to call Sprint CS on June 4 so it's ready for the 5th or 6th.
    I already switched plan online via echat. I checked online an hour later and it showed my new everything plan.
    My store said that I can switch from sero in their store.
    Sprint is now denying my account is even a SERO plan, and is unable to change my plan to anything, so god only knows what will happen for me!
    I'm planning to switch from SERO to EPRP, but I was under the impression that on that plan I won't be able to get my Pre at a store on the 6th, but instead will need to call telesales and wait for UPS to deliver.

Seems like some folks think you can get a phone on EPRP from the store, though. Has anyone actually done for on a prior phone? Any tricks or advice on doing it?
    The Sprint store I went to last week told me that I have to switch to EPRP before I can buy a Pre at the store.
    They can't touch SERO in store, they said.
    So I will call on June 3, switch, then get the Pre on the 5th or 6th.
    I'm gonna try going through Telesales/Retentions to see what kind of deal they can give me on a rate plan.

I just can't justify more than doubling my monthly subscription charge just to have a Pre, especially when I have a perfectly working 755p that does everything I want/need it to do.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I was surprised to learn, a few days ago in a thread here (can't find the post, I'm sure someone can confirm this) that if you have a SERO plan, the store reps CANNOT change you from SERO to Everything Data -you'd need to call in to telesales.
    I've been talking about this for about two days now; there is a completely misunderstood/terrible upgrade path for those of us who are SERO. I almost don't want to bother waiting in line, get a box in my hands, and then find out that I can't activate it because we have to wait for Telesales to figure out how my broken account should be switched over. That, and I want EPRP if I'm going to switch.

There definitely are going to be confused people that day, especially considering that finding the information took digging through leaked launch documents.
    I'm going to show up on launch day and asked to be changed to the standard everything day, rather then shoot for the Everything Plus Referral. I figure I can find a corporate discount that will make the regular plan about the same or cheaper. Plus it will ease the drama at the store on launch day.

I stopped by the local corporate store and they said they will be able to switch my plan from Sero with no problem.

Other then that they were annoyingly stupid/tight lipped. They wouldn't talk to me about Pre. They about kicked me out of the store for mentioning it. The only way I got past their little receptionist/bouncer to a customer rep was to say that I also needed to pay my bill.

They acted like they didn't even know the launch day or their hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Other then that they were annoyingly stupid/tight lipped. They wouldn't talk to me about Pre. They about kicked me out of the store for mentioning it. The only way I got past their little receptionist/bouncer to a customer rep was to say that I also needed to pay my bill.

They acted like they didn't even know the launch day or their hours.
    I've had the same experience. The people I've talked with on the phone sound exhausted with launch already and having to answer the same questions over and over.

I'm split between trying to get my plan switched to EPRP a day or two before, or waiting to see what I can do in-store. Either way, it's really hard to justify paying more than double my current bill just to use a Pre, as much as I want one. I figure if I argue with retentions I might get something reasonable in between. I'm not sure what (if any) corporate discounts I'm eligible for.
    I'm probably planning to switch to a Everything Data plan from SERO, because I currently am eligible for a 15% discount from my school. Since the EPRP doesn't support discounts it leaves me open for a a better discount should I get a job at a company with a better discount, instead of being stuck at the same price.
    It's annoying that sprint isn't a little more friendly about selling me a new high end device that will double my monthly payment. Seriously, doesn't anyone have a minute to answer basic questions?

I know it's a very tough pill to swallow. Believe me. I am firmly starting to believe that Sprint is going to force people of of Sero one way or another sooner not later.

I'm trying to find a friend or family member to transfer the plan to so they could squeeze a few more months out of it. But it's probably more trouble then it's worth.

If I honestly thought there was a chance that Sprints upcoming Android phone wasn't going to be banned on Sero I'd wait it out and take a serious look at one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I currently am eligible for a 15% discount from my school.
    Where does one even check what discounts one is eligible for? Finding that seems difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    The Sprint store I went to last week told me that I have to switch to EPRP before I can buy a Pre at the store.
    They can't touch SERO in store, they said.
    So I will call on June 3, switch, then get the Pre on the 5th or 6th.

How in the world will you switch plans, then get the Pre for the upgrade price 3 days later? I thought it all had to be done in one transaction.

And I think Sprint stores can switch from SERO, it just might require them to call the SERO/Sales line to do it - but it's their commission on the line so they will find a way.

I'm also surprised how many people want the EPRP plans, when it's relatively well known that a regular plan with the easily found 25% credit union discount is cheaper.
    Probably because signing up for a credit union, some random membership group, and then taking advantage of a relatively-shady 25% discount almost doesn't seem ethical, even coming from SERO.

Really, the corporate discounts being offered seem to benefit some groups randomly far more than others. I'd take an easy $10/month off over the hassle of that 25% any day of the week.
    Umm, how is a corporate discount shady? If you are a member of an organization with a corporate discount, what's the hassle and how is it wrong? There are thousands of organizations with various corporate discounts. If sprint didn't like it, they'd cancel them.

You actually don't even need to be a member you can just use the code, but that might be shady.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast