Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Were you able to apply a discount to the EPRP? If so, I will switch before by billing cycle ends (June 7th).
    No discounts with EPRP, just ED.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    OK. I just changed my plan over. Contrary to what some are saying, there still is a retentions Dept (877-775-4886). I spoke with Doyle. From what he was telling me, Sprint isn't in a real big hurry to do a lot of discounting at this point. However, I wasn't willing to pay $20 a month more, to lose 100 minutes. So, basically what he did was give me the 25% discount if I promised to join Alliant CU (I just downloaded the application), and they gave me 75 extra minutes, at no cost. So, I wind up paying about $5.00 less than before. I lost about 25 minutes, but I can deal with that. Then, just before I was about to go, he said his manager had just authorized him to send me an Airave for FREE. I asked about the monthly charge, and their waving that too!

I'm sure someone else will get some blockbuster deal. However, I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting. My bill is going down. I never go over my minutes, so losing 25 won't kill me. I'm gaining an Airave. And, my plan is in effect NOW (without paying a charge to prorate to my billing date). Now all I have to do is find a Pre.

I'll be in Cali starting on Friday, for about a week. As much as I want the phone, I don't want to pay 9% sales tax. We'll see if I can resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    OK. I just changed my plan over. Contrary to what some are saying, there still is a retentions Dept (877-775-4886). I spoke with Doyle. From what he was telling me, Sprint isn't in a real big hurry to do a lot of discounting at this point. However, I wasn't willing to pay $20 a month more, to lose 100 minutes. So, basically what he did was give me the 25% discount if I promised to join Alliant CU (I just downloaded the application), and they gave me 75 extra minutes, at no cost. So, I wind up paying about $5.00 less than before. I lost about 25 minutes, but I can deal with that. Then, just before I was about to go, he said his manager had just authorized him to send me an Airave for FREE. I asked about the monthly charge, and their waving that too!

I'm sure someone else will get some blockbuster deal. However, I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting. My bill is going down. I never go over my minutes, so losing 25 won't kill me. I'm gaining an Airave. And, my plan is in effect NOW (without paying a charge to prorate to my billing date). Now all I have to do is find a Pre.

I'll be in Cali starting on Friday, for about a week. As much as I want the phone, I don't want to pay 9% sales tax. We'll see if I can resist.
    Yeah - watch the sales tax out here in Cali! CA charges sales tax on the FULL UNBUNDLED price of the phone, not on the "out the door" price. Therefore, at Sprint, you'll pay sales tax on $549.99. At Best Buy, you'll pay sales tax on $849.99!!!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just spoke to customer care at sprint about my sero account. She told me that she just received a memo stating that sero account holders will be able to purchase the pre at any retailer with no problems. She said that that if I had any problems to have the retailer call them. The 1000 minute plan is goig to be 79.99, and the unlimited plan is going to be 99.99. Which I think is the same price as their website states. Anyway, her last words to me was don't let them change my plan because I may have to pay an activation fee with the new plan. The number I called for sprint customer care is 1-888-882-4030.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    were they talking about the EPRP? or sero? i have a feeling they were talking about EPRP
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    I just spoke to customer care at sprint about my sero account. She told me that she just received a memo stating that sero account holders will be able to purchase the pre at any retailer with no problems. She said that that if I had any problems to have the retailer call them. The 1000 minute plan is goig to be 79.99, and the unlimited plan is going to be 99.99. Which I think is the same price as their website states. Anyway, her last words to me was don't let them change my plan because I may have to pay an activation fee with the new plan. The number I called for sprint customer care is 1-888-882-4030.
    that's funny because i called sprint monday and the first agent told me the same thing- that i can keep sero with the Pre - i didn't believe him so i hung up and called back and was told by the 2nd agent the same thing- that i can keep sero! i hope it's true but i'll believe it when i see it - which hopefully will be saturday!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    aw dangit

this thread is directly related to the Palm Pre. Now that it's in this forum, it will not have much attention. bleh

interesting stuff though. i'm kinda glad i didnt switch my sero plan over just yet then.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    that's funny because i called sprint monday and the first agent told me the same thing- that i can keep sero with the Pre - i didn't believe him so i hung up and called back and was told by the 2nd agent the same thing- that i can keep sero! i hope it's true but i'll believe it when i see it - which hopefully will be saturday!
    Are you within an upgrade period for your phone? If not you'll probably have to pay full price for the phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i really hope sprint grand-fathers those people on older plans.

my plan:

Unlimited incoming calls
    300 minutes + 100 bonus outgoing mins
    unlimited data
    unlimited text & pics
    5PM Night & Weekend

it's about $50 a month, with a $10 loyal discount (comes to around $40/mo) i've had this plan for about 7 years and have been with sprint for a total of 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Are you within an upgrade period for your phone? If not you'll probably have to pay full price for the phone.

well.... my contract ran out in december -i'd think (hope) i'm eligible for the rebate etc....!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i was just told by a sprint chat agent(yeah yeah i know):

" 15:31:26 Steven J
    I have the list of discount and employee plans needed for the PRE
    15:31:40 Steven J
    One moment.
    15:33:10 Steven J
    $0.00 - Employee Wireless Discounts , $20.00 - Advantage Club 500 Minute Plan , $35.00 - Advantage Club 1000 Minute Plan ,
    $50.00 - Advantage Club 1500 Minute Plan
    $99.00 - Simply Everything/Unlimited Minutes
    59.99 - Everything Plus 500
    79.99 - Everything Plus 1000
    109.99 - Everything Plus Family 1600
    149.99 - Everything Plus Family 3200"

i know this is all old info. just wanted to put it out there again though.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frank828 View Post
    were they talking about the EPRP? or sero? i have a feeling they were talking about EPRP
    It was definitly the SERO plan. Again, she just received the memo stating that they would be allowing the local purchase for sero customers. I guess we will see this saturday, but I am not leaving without my pre.
    for those who switched via the phone online and had them make it effective immediately, how long until that was reflected in your online account..?
    nm...mine was just updated
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

What exact plans did you switch from and to?
    yea, i switched tonite on the phone...just one less thing to deal with in the store
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Yeah - watch the sales tax out here in Cali! CA charges sales tax on the FULL UNBUNDLED price of the phone, not on the "out the door" price. Therefore, at Sprint, you'll pay sales tax on $549.99. At Best Buy, you'll pay sales tax on $849.99!!!!!
    I actually only paid the tax on $299.
    I called retentions to get my contract end date. the lady tried to keep me with sprint and told me I have a great plan. Then she told me about the Pre. But when I asked if I can use SERO with the Pre, she said no. When I questioned why not, she said it is Dan Hesse's decision to not allow that. She claimed that the old plan has no GPS for Sprint TV and I should pick another phone if I don't want to upgrade. Her point is pretty lame.

I filed a complaint with BBB with the above information. I said got a call back from sprint the next day. The lady actually told me they made a business decision to discontinue and retire the SERO because they had too many ppl sign up. More than they expected and they are not making enough money for the SERO plan customers. And they were not verifying all the customers when they sign up. I told her this is a publicly advertised Employee referral program with a generic email. My point is there are other phones that has the 2 features mentioned but they are not restricting the inheriting of the SERO plans. I told her if I am paying more, then I am getting an iphone. She said I have the right to do that once my contract expires. She wanted to get me another phone that is SERO compatible. She also kept asking me why I wanted the Pre. Anyway, I had to cut the phone conversation short because I had a conference call at that time. I have yet to call her back.
    keep us posted. ask if they will start allowing people to use the everything plus referrals soon.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast