Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I second that, tell us how to get those elusive discounts.

SHARE THE WEALTH!
    Thirded! Tell us how these are going to be carried out!

On another note, the form for checking whether you have eligibility for corporate discounts (based on your work email address, way up at the top fo the page) says I have discounts, but clicking the link brings me back to the same page. It seems broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I hope they signed you up for the ESRP which is $10 off the everything plans. That is what they are doing for SERO if you switch. It is a $240 plus tax savings over two years.
    I got the regular everything data 450 with my credit union discount. It's a little cheaper that way but with 50 less minutes.
  3.    #43  
    My math still tells me that makes more sense to switch over to the regular Everything Data @ $70/mth and apply a corporate discount (in my case, 27%), which would bring it just a hair over $50/mth.
    My math still tells me that makes more sense to switch over to the regular Everything Data @ $70/mth and apply a corporate discount (in my case, 27%), which would bring it just a hair over $50/mth.
    That would require qualifying for a corporate discount.
    That makes sense when you have such a great discount. I'm eligible for only a 10% discount, which brings it down to $63. So for me, EPRP is just a little cheaper at $60.
  6.    #46  
    The link provided earlier gives you the ability to basically search for the highest corporate discount you can get.
    You don't need to have the actual corporate email to qualify.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    The link provided earlier gives you the ability to basically search for the highest corporate discount you can get.
    Are you suggesting that we lie to Sprint just to get the discount? I'm confused...
    That sounds even less ethical than the whole "just walk into a sprint store, grab a business card, go home and give yourself SERO" situation that kind of got us here in the first place. (I googled around for my sprint employee email address)

I guess that works, but for whatever reason even though the organizations I do work with offer discounts, the page gets me into this redirect loop without ever really telling me how much I get off.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So, anyone done the switch yet? I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow over the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by polpo View Post
    So, anyone done the switch yet? I'm thinking about doing it tomorrow over the phone.
    Did mine on Monday. Got the EPRP for $60.
    My biz discount was 5% and none of my CUs worked.
    So the way I look at it is that I'm getting an extra 50 minutes for $10 less of the ED plan.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I really hope you guys end up loving this phone...
  12.    #52  
    I'm still a bit hesitant to ask for a retention credit (my contract's over) when changing my plan.

Over at the SprintGurus.com forum, they swear up and down that renewing your contracting for a plan change (not required, unless you're receiving some kind of credit) will not change your eligibility for a phone upgrade discount.

Anyone here confirms this:
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm still a bit hesitant to ask for a retention credit (my contract's over) when changing my plan.

Over at the SprintGurus.com forum, they swear up and down that renewing your contracting for a plan change (not required, unless you're receiving some kind of credit) will not change your eligibility for a phone upgrade discount.

I am also curious about this. I need to do three things here:
    1) Change my SERO plan to a EPRP (1600 shared at $109)
    2) Incorporate my wife's current Sprint regular plan phone into into the new Shared minutes EPRP plan in step 1
    3) Retain both of our $150 upgrade eligible credits for use on June 6th.

I'm an VERY interested if anyone has had success in doing this yet.
    I just changed to the everything family data share plan yesterday and it did not change my upgrade credit.. Plan changes do not change your rebate.

HOWEVER. I am glad that I talked with sprint yesterday to switch because she said that once you change your plan, it will not take effect until your next billing cycle. For me that would be July first. She told me I would not be able to use the pre until then! She told me that she could make it effective yesterday and that I would have to pay pro rated charges.. But when she looked at my account she saw that my billing cycle started the first of june and she made it effective then.. So I only paid 1 day of pro rated charges.

from the chat:

06/02/2009 07:55:34PM Agent (Felicia H.): "It has not changed. I can change it for you."
    06/02/2009 07:55:41PM Campana: "Thanks!"
    06/02/2009 07:56:02PM Campana: "And that will become effective on the start of the billing cycle?"
    06/02/2009 07:56:42PM Agent (Felicia H.): "I can however that is not until July 1st."
    06/02/2009 07:56:53PM Agent (Felicia H.): "I could make it as of today."
    06/02/2009 07:57:04PM Agent (Felicia H.): "However you will have prorated charges on your bill."
    06/02/2009 07:57:12PM Campana: "Then I will have to pay pro rated cha.. You beat me to it"
    06/02/2009 07:57:30PM Campana: "If it starts on July 1st, will that affect my ability to get and activate the pre?"
    06/02/2009 07:57:33PM Agent (Felicia H.): "Yes. I can change it however you will not be able to use your phone."
    06/02/2009 07:57:43PM Campana: "The pre?"
    06/02/2009 07:57:53PM Agent (Felicia H.): "Correct."

06/02/2009 07:58:20PM Campana: "Ok.. I can not let that happen! Change it to today and I will pay the pro rated charges"
    06/02/2009 07:58:43PM Agent (Felicia H.): "Ok. Which Everything Data would you like?"
    06/02/2009 07:59:02PM Agent (Felicia H.): "The 1500 or 3000?"
    06/02/2009 07:59:07PM Campana: "the everything data shared plan 1500"
    06/02/2009 07:59:56PM Agent (Felicia H.): "I made it as of yesterday. And it looks like your billing cycle starts on the first so you are actually save you would be only charged prorated charges for one day."
    06/02/2009 08:00:08PM Campana: "PERFECT!!"

So depending on when your billing cycle starts, count on having pro rated charges on your bill...
    To answer 2 recent questions.
    After I changed my SERO to EPRP on Monday, I went online to check my account.
    My $150 credit is still there and it says my contract was fulfilled on May 11, 2009.
    The new plan is showing up and my usage is broken down my pre and post-plan changes.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Yes I had this confirmed on 4 separate occasions by a store employee, echat email and 2 retention reps. Can't hurt to be sure!

Now if only my dad would make a final decision on getting the Instinct, we could switch to Everything Data family and be prepped for Saturday!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    My $150 credit is still there and it says my contract was fulfilled on May 11, 2009.
    The new plan is showing up and my usage is broken down my pre and post-plan changes.
    Were you able to apply a discount to the EPRP? If so, I will switch before by billing cycle ends (June 7th).
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    I just changed to the everything family data share plan yesterday and it did not change my upgrade credit.. Plan changes do not change your rebate.

HOWEVER. I am glad that I talked with sprint yesterday to switch because she said that once you change your plan, it will not take effect until your next billing cycle. For me that would be July first. She told me I would not be able to use the pre until then! She told me that she could make it effective yesterday and that I would have to pay pro rated charges.. But when she looked at my account she saw that my billing cycle started the first of june and she made it effective then.. So I only paid 1 day of pro rated charges.

So depending on when your billing cycle starts, count on having pro rated charges on your bill...
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post

Thank you both for the responses. I had a feeling the upgrade credit issue wouldn't be a problem. Now the main issue is getting my wife's current number ported to 2nd line on the Everything Plus Family plan and closing out her out of contract regular Sprint plan. This should be interesting since she didn't change her last name on her Sprint account since we got married last October. Hopefully having all her information (account number, username, password/pin, etc) will help the process.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My billing cycle end today, June 3rd. I have the SERO plan.

So if I don't change my plan today i can't get the pre unless i pay the prorate charges. Correct?

Also what are prorate charges and how do they charge you these fees?
    I changed over a week ago. The standard family plan after the popular 25% CU discount that can be found everywhere was cheaper than EPRP. Still have my credits, ready to go.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast