Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Where does one even check what discounts one is eligible for? Finding that seems difficult.
    I found out my discount by putting my school email into this site
    Sprint Nextel Discounts | Employee Value Program | EVP Online | Find Your Cellular Discount Plan, Cell Phone, & Accessories

I think there are some sites that list companies and their discounts but I don't know them.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Probably because signing up for a credit union, some random membership group, and then taking advantage of a relatively-shady 25% discount almost doesn't seem ethical, even coming from SERO.

Really, the corporate discounts being offered seem to benefit some groups randomly far more than others. I'd take an easy $10/month off over the hassle of that 25% any day of the week.
    Before you sign up with a CU, you need to verify the amount of the discount. Most literature I've read only shows a 10-15% discount on monthly recurring charges. And the $99.99 SE plan has been excluded in every CU discount offer I've seen. Just do your homework first.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    In the past, you could 'stack' the 10% CU discount with any corporate discount. Not sure if thay still do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    I already switched plan online via echat. I checked online an hour later and it showed my new everything plan.
    I hope they signed you up for the ESRP which is $10 off the everything plans. That is what they are doing for SERO if you switch. It is a $240 plus tax savings over two years.
  5.    #25  
    I'm 99% sure that switching plans won't extend your contract, so you can still qualify for the Pre's upgrade pricing and change to a supported plan beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I'm planning to switch from SERO to EPRP...
    What's EPRP?

Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I figure I can find a corporate discount that will make the regular plan about the same or cheaper.
    Whoa grasshopper, how do you manage that? The biggest corporate discount I've seen is 27% and even with that, the Everything Data 450mins plan ($70/mth) still comes out a bit more than the $30/mth I pay on my SERO plan now.

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I hope they signed you up for the ESRP which is $10 off the everything plans. That is what they are doing for SERO if you switch. It is a $240 plus tax savings over two years.
    What's ESRP?
    It's "Everything Plus Referral Program".

Basically, it's the current SERO, except the plans aren't as heavily discounted nor is it as easy to join. However, if you are currently on SERO they will change you to EPRP.

Unless your account is like mine, which they tell me is a "Fair and Flexible 500" with "unlimited data addon" for the inexplicably low price of $30 monthly. They deny it's a SERO plan for an unknown reason, and therefore cannot change my plan to EPRP. Oddly enough, however, they said my plan qualifies for the pre.

We'll find out shortly.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    This might help if you are not signing up for unlimited minute plan.

Sprint Overage Relief Minutes

Tired of paying $.40/per minute or more for using more minutes that your plan allows per month? There’s a little known tip to help avoid paying the ridiculous price for overages. You have to be alert and plan ahead to get the savings, but it’s well worth it. For instance if you used 200 minutes over your plan in any given month, you would have to pay $80 in overage – with the tip below, those same 200 minutes only cost you $10 ! It does pay to plan ahead, or at least to know what day your bill cycle ends and how to check your MOU (minutes of use).

Here’s how it works! Sprint offers ‘Overage Relief Minutes’ to customers who have used more minutes than allotted in their plan. The purpose was originally intended to help customers in ‘one-time’ situations or to use as part of an offer to entice you to upgrade your plan starting with your next bill cycle while providing the overage for the current month at a discounted amount.

You MUST call in before your bill cycle ends. Overage Relief Minutes can only be added before your bill generates. Nor care or account services or anyone can change this. If you waited too late, you’ll just have to pay for your usage and mark your calendar next month for your cycle end date.
    Overage Relief Minutes come in ‘buckets’. There are several available for consumer accounts, with one restriction: You may only ever purchase a 500 minute bucket 1 time during the entire life of your account. This is enforced by the system and cannot be overridden (though there is a trick, read on!).
    Buckets of Minutes Cost
    100 Overage Minutes $5
    200 Overage Minutes $10
    300 Overage Minutes $15
    400 Overage Minutes $20
    500 Overage Minutes $25

So, how do you get them? It’s simple. Just dial *2 and ask! Tell the agent that you’d like to purchase “Overage Relief Minutes” and if you can feel the blank stare on their face (hopefully most of those have been weeded out by now) insist they look in their knowledgebase for the information, or in a super nice way suggest to them that they ask their team lead or supervisor about it. While every agent is trained on these, most have forgotten the 5 minutes they spent on it during six weeks of training, and it’s not a common call driver, so some may not be familiar
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    thanks kyusaka for the link. UMiami gets 15% off...SWEET!

And EPRP has a large scale email to use..

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com is the email and the code is 383. It works just fine if you go to Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program (link)

So that is 59.99 a month for 500 and 79.99 a month for a 1000

this is included

Everything your phone can do — chirp, text, surf, watch, email, listen, find and, of course, talk — on one simple plan.

This plan includes
    Data: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
    Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends, domestic long distance and no roaming charges

SEE THIS SERO WHINERS!!! ANYONE CAN DO IT!!! 59.99 - 15% discount = 49.15 a month with a Pre
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com is the email and the code is 383. It works just fine if you go to Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program (link)
    o reiterate, the guidance from sprint is to channel sero to ESRP so you don;t need that public end run, it seems the they are supposed to offer it outright.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post

Basically, it's the current SERO, except the plans aren't as heavily discounted nor is it as easy to join. However, if you are currently on SERO they will change you to EPRP.

Unless your account is like mine, which they tell me is a "Fair and Flexible 500" with "unlimited data addon" for the inexplicably low price of $30 monthly. They deny it's a SERO plan for an unknown reason, and therefore cannot change my plan to EPRP. Oddly enough, however, they said my plan qualifies for the pre.

We'll find out shortly.
    I am in the same boat. The 23 page pdf says no legacy strongly, almost absolutely, indicating no Fair and Flex. I have a five lion fair and flex and now have one call to executive service at supervisor level (from today) and two confirmations with ecare that F&F is eligible!

What the exec services renention person told me was: it is all about SERO, don't worry if you are on the other plans, you are fine with Pre.

I guess we have to wait until the dust settles or the initial shortage ends but I am way more optimistic than I was yesterday after seeing the pdf.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    thanks kyusaka for the link. UMiami gets 15% off...SWEET!

So that is 59.99 a month for 500 and 79.99 a month for a 1000

this is included

Everything your phone can do — chirp, text, surf, watch, email, listen, find and, of course, talk — on one simple plan.

This plan includes
    Data: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
    Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends, domestic long distance and no roaming charges

SEE THIS SERO WHINERS!!! ANYONE CAN DO IT!!! 59.99 - 15% discount = 49.15 a month with a Pre
    Actually, EPRP cannot have any additional discounts.... but it doesn't hurt to dream...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Basically, it's the current SERO, except the plans aren't as heavily discounted nor is it as easy to join.
    It's even easier to join. As another poster pointed out, the email and code anyone can use to get those plans have been freely disseminated. One google (or this thread) and it's done. Simple as that.

If "Fair and Flexible" isn't technically SERO, maybe this will work. I'm going to wait to see what happens and then go for it.
    I am in the same boat. The 23 page pdf says no legacy strongly, almost absolutely, indicating no Fair and Flex. I have a five lion fair and flex and now have one call to executive service at supervisor level (from today) and two confirmations with ecare that F&F is eligible!

What the exec services renention person told me was: it is all about SERO, don't worry if you are on the other plans, you are fine with Pre.

I guess we have to wait until the dust settles or the initial shortage ends but I am way more optimistic than I was yesterday after seeing the pdf.
    Would you consider
    "Sprint EMP Referral FF 500 : $30.0" to fall under that as well? Its supposed to be 'SERO'
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Thanks for pointing that out. I guess its cheaper to get everything data for 69.99 and then use my discount, its 50 cents cheaper a month haha. Can you call sprint at anytime and give them your discount email...or do you have to do it when you sign up?
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    How in the world will you switch plans, then get the Pre for the upgrade price 3 days later? I thought it all had to be done in one transaction.

And I think Sprint stores can switch from SERO, it just might require them to call the SERO/Sales line to do it - but it's their commission on the line so they will find a way.

I'm also surprised how many people want the EPRP plans, when it's relatively well known that a regular plan with the easily found 25% credit union discount is cheaper.
    According to the store rep and phone rep I talked to, I can change to the EPRP, then walk into a Sprint store and get the Pre.
    The store rep told me that can't touch SERO plans, only over the phone or online.
    And as for the CU discount, I'm already a member of a local one but I bet it's only 10 percent, and even if I could get the 25 percent, I'd rather have the 500 minutes for $60 instead of 450 for $54ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    According to the store rep and phone rep I talked to, I can change to the EPRP, then walk into a Sprint store and get the Pre.
    The store rep told me that can't touch SERO plans, only over the phone or online.
    And as for the CU discount, I'm already a member of a local one but I bet it's only 10 percent, and even if I could get the 25 percent, I'd rather have the 500 minutes for $60 instead of 450 for $54ish.
    Makes sense. I'll be needing to get the 3-line family plan.

Going with standard family everything for 1500 shared minutes and 2 lines with 25% off it will make it $97. Plus $19.99 for third line = $117

Or

Going with EPRP It's $109 for 1600 minutes w/ 2 lines + $14.99 for the third line = $125

I will likely never come close to using that many minutes, so I may as well save the $8 a month (That's $224 over a two year contract that I can justify buying a second Pre for!). The other bonus of sticking with standard is it's much easier to get future discounts on.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Actually, EPRP cannot have any additional discounts.... but it doesn't hurt to dream...
    discoutns maybe no, but recurring credits yes.
    discoutns maybe no, but recurring credits yes.
    I've heard of this. Any tips on getting those added if we switch to EPRP from SERO?
  19.    #39  
    Thanks, so I guess there's isn't an "ESRP" plan like someone mentioned earlier?

to reiterate, the guidance from sprint is to channel sero to ESRP so you don;t need that public end run, it seems the they are supposed to offer it outright.
    To clarify (see what I did there? ), should one change their plan PRIOR to going to a store?
    And further, it seems that you could be better off getting their plain-vanilla Everything Data for $70 and apply any of the available discounts -specially since you can't add any discounts to the EPRP plan.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess its cheaper to get everything data for 69.99 and then use my discount, its 50 cents cheaper a month haha. Can you call sprint at anytime and give them your discount email...or do you have to do it when you sign up?
    When I tried to add my employer's discount, I did it online, through a form (not eCare chat, though you can do that too, it's probably easier). You will get a confirmation email, which in my case was denying the discount since, the message confirmed, I was on a "heavily discount" SERO plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I've heard of this. Any tips on getting those added if we switch to EPRP from SERO?
    I second that, tell us how to get those elusive discounts.

SHARE THE WEALTH!
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Yes, please do!!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast