Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Thanks to robin24k I think I might have found the answer, w/ landline (or not) w/ ATT & use boost. That might work I'll look in a little while.
  2.    #22  
    Thank You Robin.
    T-Mobile should have unlimited, I'm sure I've seen the plan.

Verizon does too, I believe, but it's very high like AT&T's, so scratch that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #24  
    Still haven't made up my mind yet. I might just take a break for awhile & stop giving all my money away. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Also depending on where you are, Metro PCS and Cricket have local low cost no-contract accounts available. The phones aren't always the best though(no Treos or other fancy smartphones), but I think Metro offers the Blackberry.
    Cricket does not sell the "fancy stuff" themselves, but via custom ROMs Touch Pro owners use Cricket and Metro PCS.

Some Treo 800w owners claim that they were able to get their devices working with Cricket. Can't say I know the details of how they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    I might just take a break for awhile & stop giving all my money away. We'll see.
    Not a bad idea. You might even be able to sign up with Sprint later at some special "new customer" rates .
  6.    #26  
    Gave Cricket my zip this morning & they said not in my area & after the way Sprint did this I'm not sure I want anything more to do w/them. Being today Sunday I'm taking the day off. Tomorrow is the holiday for us Vets so I'll take that one off too. May not have had a vacation in over a decade but I think i'm going to enjoy this weekend.
    I would go as far as to go ahead and let it cancel, then turn around and sign up on that new SERO plan, ESEP or whatever it is called. They are probably not smart enough to catch you with a new account!
  8.    #28  
    No choice found out today sprnt account is history june 17th. I admit finding another phone comparable with the Treo Pro is very hard to do let alone a plan to fit it. email, web, phone & at a time when minutes are for free. I have 4 Pro's, selling 2 of them, but you think they have a decent share plan with SERO & can I set this up over the phone or find me a store I haven't been to, to sign another contract? One last thing do you think they'll let me use my TP's? Thanks ahead of time.
  9.    #29  
    Actually I find it hard to beleive no one has any ideas. Oh well.
    You have four Treo pros? I assume this means you have more than one line. Just have who ever the second line is in apply for a sprint everything plus plan.
    If you can successfully sell 2 Treo Pros and the buyer successfully activates them with Sprint, than if Sprint allows you to sign up again you should have no problem using your same Treo Pros. I mean either they lock out the ESNs or they won't. I suspect they won't so long as you pay your final bill on time.

When signing up again, if you didn't use your middle name before, try including it when you sign up next time. I mean, do something to vary things up a little, while not lying about who you are.
  12.    #32  
    Very interesting but do you think I can get another 1000 share plan? No, I have 2 Pro's as backups but I'm selling them. I'm using a 1000 family share plan with extra minutes w/ minutes starting free at 5pm, so I'll try & see if I can start over again but they normally check credit & use your ss#, so I'm not sure it will work. Alltell wanted to sell me a TP for $99 with a 1200 plan for $109/month. so *I still have time to decide _ I don't want to lose my TP's.
  13.    #33  
    Oh yea - yesterday "Holly" called & you bet gave me my termination & I received "2" letters -one was certified & the other regular & they both got here at the same time"2"weeks after it was written, so the 17th of June -No more Sprint...but....we'll see
    (thanks for the tips!)
    You know, there is an angle here you guys haven't even mentioned. Unless I am missing something here you are loosing your service due to end results of serving your country. (Injuries and such related to service time? )

I would dare to bet if you get the right reporter or other media person on this you might make things better not only for yourself but other vets...

Right now any company making it more difficult on Vets because of things that happened to them would be seen as unamerican and stand to loose ALOT of business.. I would dare to bet if you are losing your phone due to lingering effects of your time in the service there will be some hell to pay before its done if you talk to someone about it outside the company. The LAST thing sprint needs is bad publicity when they are where they are with loosing loads of customers.

Guess it depends on what your circumstances are and how hard you are willing to push. I would think you could easily find a lawyer willing to take up your cause assuming you are a vet of Iraq or Afganistan.

Rodney
    I've read thru this thread twice and either I missed something, but I don't understand why Sprint is trying to terminate you - are you calling them many times a day or being nasty?

I have been with Sprint for over 10 years and except for a few billing errors which were corrected, their CS has been good - sometimes not exceptional but good. I am sure ALL providers have their problems in one area or another.

Please don't get me wrong as I am a vet. Maybe I missed a previous thread to this one, but from what I have read, I don't understand.

I wish you luck though from one person/vet to another.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    You know, there is an angle here you guys haven't even mentioned. Unless I am missing something here you are loosing your service due to end results of serving your country. (Injuries and such related to service time? )

I would dare to bet if you get the right reporter or other media person on this you might make things better not only for yourself but other vets...

Right now any company making it more difficult on Vets because of things that happened to them would be seen as unamerican and stand to loose ALOT of business.. I would dare to bet if you are losing your phone due to lingering effects of your time in the service there will be some hell to pay before its done if you talk to someone about it outside the company. The LAST thing sprint needs is bad publicity when they are where they are with loosing loads of customers.

Guess it depends on what your circumstances are and how hard you are willing to push. I would think you could easily find a lawyer willing to take up your cause assuming you are a vet of Iraq or Afganistan.

Rodney
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I've read thru this thread twice and either I missed something, but I don't understand why Sprint is trying to terminate you - are you calling them many times a day or being nasty?

I have been with Sprint for over 10 years and except for a few billing errors which were corrected, their CS has been good - sometimes not exceptional but good. I am sure ALL providers have their problems in one area or another.

Please don't get me wrong as I am a vet. Maybe I missed a previous thread to this one, but from what I have read, I don't understand.

I wish you luck though from one person/vet to another.
    I don't think the OP ever said they were being given the boot by Sprint because of their being a military veteran. But I still think there probably would be a reporter that could make a story out of this. This is still a case of a vet being given a hard time.

From my understanding, the OP had some past mistakes in their bill and had Sprint correct the issues. Somehow it seems that resulted in the OP getting discounts. Sprint appears to be dumping them because Sprint feels they don't make enough money off them. What Sprint is doing is perfectly legal. They are not obligated to keep providing anyone service if they feel that person is a financial liability. It seems the liability is due to Sprint's own errors, but they don't seem to care. Given it is a somewhat free nation, companies also have freedoms including not having to continue doing business with a customer if they feel that customer is a liability. Like with any contract, there are provisions for either side to end the relationship.

If I was the OP, I'd go a week without Sprint and sign up again, unless I found a better deal. If they check whether someone was dumped before, than that's a bridge I'd cross once refused.
    This is why I wish prepaid carriers would step up their services in this country. The big carriers have far too much control over the consumer and frankly I wonder why that is legal. It's like you pay for a service but they still have you by the .

If Sprint allowed him too many discounts, who's fault is that really?

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Really Sprint made too many mistakes and now they're making an additional mistake.
    Another reason why I hate locked CDMA phones. He has 4 Pro's he can only activate with Sprint.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

20.    #40  
    Thank You my fellow Americans but my military time comes from the Viet Nam war & people don't look good on us. So I'm going to try buying a SERO plan & or using my name in another way & get the everything plan unless they can give me a good family plan.
    I don't want you to get upset w/me but I've seen the new Touch Pro2 & it's twice as fast & does twice as much as the Treo Pro, it will act just like a laptop. I'm doing my best not to leave. Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast